The Student Room Group

Why do some genuinely nice girls get picked on?

It's just something I've noticed. It's normally the pretty girls who don't like selfies and attention either that get hostility from guys and girls
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
they may seem vulnerable...im a nice girl..
Reply 2
There's a lot of schadenfreude going down, jealous people. I know really nasty bitchy girls who are really horrible to particular people and it usually seems to be that the people they have their issues with are really nice and likeable... i.e. Exactly what the mean ones desire to be but can't be. Also nice people make people question themselves and that makes them feel uncomfortable so they accuse the person of being weird or boring or something.
Because people are utter tosspots.
Reply 4
My friend, seriously move out or get a different flat mate.

Jeez what's wrong with her?? And how come she's your flatmate?
Reply 5
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
It's normally the pretty girls who don't like selfies and attention either that get hostility from guys and girls

That's so true. They're effectively saying "why aren't you being a whore, you're making me feel bad for being one, be a whore now"
Original post by Ebony19
That's so true. They're effectively saying "why aren't you being a whore, you're making me feel bad for being one, be a whore now"

It's weird because its happens to me too. I get guys and girls calling me pretty and then some guys and girls calling me ugly then I think, "What the hell did I do to make you hate me?"
I think ppl are insecure of other ppl and jealous that they are like that, and they are not. They dont want anyone to be better than them
Reply 8
It's weird because its happens to me too. I get guys and girls calling me pretty and then some guys and girls calling me ugly then I think, "What the hell did I do to make you hate me?"

What you did was...

Be pretty, get attention and not be a big fat show off for it.
Original post by Ebony19
What you did was...

Be pretty, get attention and not be a big fat show off for it.

Girls can be so unbelievably bitchy. One girl in particular doesn't like me because there's rumours that her ex (a good looking and a genuinely nice guy) likes me
Well she sounds like an absolute treasure! I just don't get it why people waste their energy like this it's like calm down conserve energy for doing things you enjoy and make you feel good rather than ripping into other people to make yourself feel better and getting ridiculously worked up in the process.
Original post by Precious Illusions
Because people are utter tosspots.

This applies to so many situations.
Girls can be so unbelievably bitchy. One girl in particular doesn't like me because there's rumours that her ex (a good looking and a genuinely nice guy) likes me
Well that's clearly your fault as well! Change your face right now!! Pft yeah or maybe just get on with your life like she isn't doing lols all round :smile:
Original post by Ebony19

What exactly qualifies as a whore?
Original post by Ebony19
Well that's clearly your fault as well! Change your face right now!! Pft yeah or maybe just get on with your life like she isn't doing lols all round :smile:

Hahaha the thing is I don't even believe I'm pretty :s-smilie::confused:
Reply 15
It's just something I've noticed. It's normally the pretty girls who don't like selfies and attention either that get hostility from guys and girls
We might be pretty but we are also wallflowers. Has anyone ever treated a wallflower nicely at first encounter? :frown:
Original post by Nomu
We might be pretty but we are also wallflowers. Has anyone ever treated a wallflower nicely at first encounter? :frown:

Not all the time no :frown::frown:
Hahaha the thing is I don't even believe I'm pretty :s-smilie::confused:
Well by the looks of things you might be so she's gonna just have to deal with it hehe
i agree,theres one girl from america in my sixth form...quite a few sixthformers dislike her because she tends to get overexcited and is very confident/headfstrong but i dont understand why they all hate her...
I've read countless accounts of people with horrible roommates and what I don't get is, why do you put up with it? I know confrontation is hard for a lot of people but surely living like this is worse? I'm quite shy around people I don't know well, but there's no way I'd allow myself to be bullied and afraid in my own home. Please stick up for yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending