The Student Room Group

Cambridge Offer Holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fawkesgirl33
They phoned me, which was a surprise- I was expecting a letter in the next week or so. They sounded really nice, and explained why they had chosen me which was a bit embarrassing and unexpected. They also said that due to the volume of administration, etc., going through at the moment that it might take 2 weeks for the official letter to arrive, but they were reassuring me that it wasn't a mistake and I had really got in.

Thanks! Hopefully I hear from somewhere soon! 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 281
Original post by paradoxicalme
Haha, good luck to her! English is amazing :biggrin:

Last year it was - we have 100 people in each year approx (it's quite a small school I guess) and last year there were 20 applicants, 10 places, 7 people who made the offers I believe (one was a mathmo, one got the A* in the wrong subject, etc). But this year the lack of January modules ****ed us all - last year bad January results gave people a kick up the arse, but we didn't have that. Plus, a few people this year applied to particularly competitive courses and colleges (e.g. Economics at Brasenose). So we have 3 offers this year; 1 Oxford, 2 Cambridge.

Ah yeah that makes sense. Well done on being one of the few who made it, but sorry for your friends! :frown:

Original post by Jasey
I'm in the opposite situation where literally all of my close friends got offers but it made me realise how heartbreaking it would have been if even one of them didn't, so I really sympathise

How many from your school got an offer?
St John's
MML (French & ab initio Spanish)
A*AA

Any other St John's MML people on here?
Reply 283
Anyone else in the boat where they're the only one out of their friendship group to get in? My best friend and two of my other close friends applied (2 to Oxford, 1 to Cambridge) - all insanely clever, amazing grades, my best friend in particular I figured had a better chance than me for sure - none of them got in. Makes it a bit bittersweet.

I'm the only one from my school to get an offer this year :confused: Very strange because this year we had the highest number of applicants to Oxbridge but the lowest number of offers...I still maintain that some of the applicants were stellar candidates but I guess it just didn't work out in their favour on the day. Very, very bittersweet indeed :frown:
Original post by GSinghK
St John's
MML (French & ab initio Spanish)
A*AA

Any other St John's MML people on here?

There's a list of known offers on page 6. :smile:
Original post by IDGE
I'm the only one from my school to get an offer this year :confused: Very strange because this year we had the highest number of applicants to Oxbridge but the lowest number of offers...I still maintain that some of the applicants were stellar candidates but I guess it just didn't work out in their favour on the day. Very, very bittersweet indeed :frown:

It is to some extent a lottery. :frown: Well done on your offer! But I feel the same way. It would have felt so much better if my friends had gotten in too. Still, I'm glad I'm not the only one from my school.
Ahhhh I can legitimately post here!

Physical NatSci at Fitzwilliam.
A*A*AA in Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Further Maths respectively.

Still hasn't really sunk in yet?!

All 3 of us in my year who applied to Oxbridge got in, I'm just so pleased that one of us didn't miss out because it would've been a bit awkward for all of us. :colondollar:
College: Pembroke

Subject: Maths

Conditions: A*A*A 1,1 in STEP 2 and 3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I was under the impression people already at Cambridge made them? Not sure

Oh maybe, I'm not sure...
Reply 289
Any âmes or MML at Christ's?

Or any other Christ's

I got an identical offer to yours from the looks of it, Im amazed - 2 of my friends got rejected from christs and the other one is in a medic pool and still waiting, so fingers crossed but its a shame she won't be at the same college as me

Congrats man!
Pooled to Robinson for Law

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bafid
I got an identical offer to yours from the looks of it, Im amazed - 2 of my friends got rejected from christs and the other one is in a medic pool and still waiting, so fingers crossed but its a shame she won't be at the same college as me

Congrats man!

And you too! :biggrin:

Aaaah
Hey username42, could you possibly put a link on the first post of the thread to the list I'm making of offers on page 6? Think it could be useful to people :smile:

Done
Woohoo English people! :biggrin: This is going to be so much fun - the English course at Cambridge is epic. Now we just have to make the offers...:tongue:

And James, the only other Corpus person on my list is paapercrane.

I'm glad your friends made it :smile: The Oxford rejections came in a while back so people have had time to come to terms with it - they were pre-interview - but it's just so gutting. I wish more of us could have made it.

Also, by the way, if we both make it in I am totally taking advantage of you being at Pembroke. Pembroke's supposed to have the best food. :tongue:

I know someone at Pembroke currently, they have a Michelin starred chef!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HopefulLawyerHG
Pooled to Robinson for Law

Congrats! Glad to see more lawyers appearing today :smile:
Congrats to everyone! :biggrin:

College: St John's

Subject: Natural Sciences (Physical)

Conditions A*A Maths and Further Maths, A*A Physics and Chemistry (in either order). Basically A*A*AA!

I still can't believe this is actually happening (if grades allow), seriously surreal.
Page 6

Grace a paradoxicalme

Omg I hate gowns and stuff though :colondollar: and suits errr

Oh yay! One step ahead I see! Mucho gracias to her

omg whY?!? they're so adorable when everyone wears them together and i love a guy in a suit :wink:
Original post by aprocrastinator
Oh yay! One step ahead I see! Mucho gracias to her

omg whY?!? they're so adorable when everyone wears them together and i love a guy in a suit :wink:

Apparently I love okay in a suit I just feel like an imposter :lol:

And I'm short :colonhash: so a gown would be annoying
Apparently I love okay in a suit I just feel like an imposter :lol:

And I'm short :colonhash: so a gown would be annoying

might look out for you then eh :wink:

lol same though I'm probably far shorter. 5ft for the win :awesome:
Original post by aprocrastinator
might look out for you then eh :wink:

lol same though I'm probably far shorter. 5ft for the win :awesome:

:ahee:

Oh okay, I'm a little bit taller than that (half a foot maybe)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending