The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Undisclosed 15
Hazard and Sanchez play further up the pitch and are involved in the final step of attacks more often. They have more points recently and I believe they will continue to gather points. Fab is only worth it if he gets a ridiculous amount of assists and imo he wont continue at the rate he went at between Aug and Dec. Hazard and Sanchez are essentials for me

Posted from TSR Mobile

thats actually a good point
i suppose hazard is more likely to score (plus he gets penalties) and he can still provide assists
whoever i get to replace, he'll be benched anyway since downing will always be a better option.
thanks for the advice :smile:

inb4 hazard red card and fabregas hattrick
It's going to be very tricky to get rid of Kane and Austin the way they are playing. Aguero for Costa. At last I have rid of Costa. What a waste, wish I transferred him out ages back like I suggested on here. He scores not much better than a 6.5m defender ffs. Problem with Chelsea is they always score 2, and very rarely score any more. It's therefore not that useful to have more than one Chelsea attacking played. Hazard essential really.

Made the wrong captain choice (again) with Hazard. Must be 6 in a row i've had between -2 to 3 at best from captains. Ridiculous, it's really costing me.

Wondering on whether to keep Downing or Sigurdsson with my wildcard... Feel there's only space for one, and they're both pretty much on same overall points, and can't see them drifting too far apart.

Walcott is going to be an interesting one. As I'm wildcarding after next GW I'm considering drafting him in, but I can't see where. So many options - unlike other years!
Original post by Gob Bluth
It's going to be very tricky to get rid of Kane and Austin the way they are playing. Aguero for Costa. At last I have rid of Costa. What a waste, wish I transferred him out ages back like I suggested on here. He scores not much better than a 6.5m defender ffs. Problem with Chelsea is they always score 2, and very rarely score any more. It's therefore not that useful to have more than one Chelsea attacking played. Hazard essential really.

Made the wrong captain choice (again) with Hazard. Must be 6 in a row i've had between -2 to 3 at best from captains. Ridiculous, it's really costing me.

Wondering on whether to keep Downing or Sigurdsson with my wildcard... Feel there's only space for one, and they're both pretty much on same overall points, and can't see them drifting too far apart.

Walcott is going to be an interesting one. As I'm wildcarding after next GW I'm considering drafting him in, but I can't see where. So many options - unlike other years!

If you're keeping two very cheap strikers I'd just go with the one cheap midfielder.
Original post by little_wizard123
If you're keeping two very cheap strikers I'd just go with the one cheap midfielder.

I think one of Austin or Kane will drop off. Realistically Austin more likely. When was the last time a relegation threatened side had a striker score 20+? Or am I forgetting really obvious players here?

What would you do with Walcott out of interest? If he starts scoring he poses quite a problem to people who just haven't considered him. I'm uncertain on Sanchez, but will watch how he does next two games.

Sturridge will most likely drop in as a replacement if all goes to plan. There's a lack of other options that I really like above 10m.
I think one of Austin or Kane will drop off. Realistically Austin more likely. When was the last time a relegation threatened side had a striker score 20+? Or am I forgetting really obvious players here?

What would you do with Walcott out of interest? If he starts scoring he poses quite a problem to people who just haven't considered him. I'm uncertain on Sanchez, but will watch how he does next two games.

Sturridge will most likely drop in as a replacement if all goes to plan. There's a lack of other options that I really like above 10m.

There aren't really any; hardly anybody gets 20+ goals in a season. Benteke got 19 in 12/13, and missed 5 games. But Austin will definitely get there. I'd favour him over Kane.

Walcott's a great FPL player, but with injuries I'd be careful, especially if you have Aguero. Try not to have more than one big injury-prone player (which would for me mean just Aguero, and avoid Sturridge and Walcott).

with aguero and sturridge soon to return, i'd only have 1 of kane or austin.
i'd go for kane since austin is more likely to drop off and QPR will (in general) score less goals than spurs.

as for costa, i stuck with him simply because aguero got injured.
just brought aguero back in but i think after next week i'm gonna take diego out for my boy sturridge.

as you said, costa simply doesn't justify his value and the only reason i've had him is because i literally couldn't invest my money anywhere else since many of the other 10m+ strikers (RVP, falcao, rooney) are even worse to have imo.

The best example in recent years would probably be Blackburn, Yakubu scored most of their goals the year they got relegated. Mark Viduka kept Leeds up pretty much single handedly one year as well. There are a few more examples like Lambert, Holt, Le Fondre, Campbell but those teams generally had other players chipping in with the goals so their tally was lower. QPR don't have anyone else.

Interested to see what happens with Kane when Spurs have the Europa League. He can't play every game and with CL qualification at stake, you'd imagine that Spurs (along with Liverpool and Everton) would prioritise that over the league.

I'm desperate to get rid of Costa as well but until Sturridge is fit there isn't anyone.
Why does costa never get any BP? he didn't even get a booking today.
Darrren Bent 2005/6 and 2006/7. Charlton finished in the bottom half and were relegated, 22 and 15 goals respectively.

Andrew Johnson, or Andy Johnson as he was then known. 2004/5, 21 goals for Palace, relegated (highest ever relegated PL goalscorer).

QPR are winning a lot of penalties though, and Kane is knocking in goals from outside the box. Don't see any reason to think Kane over Austin.
(edited 9 years ago)
Both Kane and Austin have been fantastic over the whole first half of the season so I don't see why people think that they will drop off. They aren't just 'inform'.

Posted from TSR Mobile
For **** sake, guaranteed clean sheets this week for Azpi & Debuchy and both players go off injured within 20 minutes.

Cost me at least 10 points :sad:
chambers not playing is great... really hope he stays on the bench, as then I will have downing's 7pts coming off the bench.

Assist so far for sanchez - add a goal to that and this week could be saved
Original post by fallen_acorns
chambers not playing is great... really hope he stays on the bench, as then I will have downing's 7pts coming off the bench.

Assist so far for sanchez - add a goal to that and this week could be saved

Chambers isn't in the squad. I wouldn't pay much attention to Sanchez's points unless you (C), he's irrelevant because everyone owns him.

Luckily I have 2 United players later, most have 0.
Original post by sr90
Chambers isn't in the squad. I wouldn't pay much attention to Sanchez's points unless you (C), he's irrelevant because everyone owns him.

Luckily I have 2 United players later, most have 0.

oh thats great! had not even checked the squad..

+ yes, hes my captain.

Same actually, rooney + de gea for me..

Rooney out for aguaro after this week though
Dam! Gave my C band to Hazard over Sanchez....
almost captained sanchez, although at least costa bagged a goal so it's not all bad
all of my strikers scored (kane, costa, berahino) :colone:

62 points, sanchez likely to get more and bertrand still to play :smile:
Original post by Lúcio
almost captained sanchez, although at least costa bagged a goal so it's not all bad
all of my strikers scored (kane, costa, berahino) :colone:

62 points, sanchez likely to get more and bertrand still to play :smile:

Yeah was gonna captain him too but I've been falling down the rankings alot recently so didn't want to risk not captaining hazard :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ArsenalWenger
Yeah was gonna captain him too but I've been falling down the rankings alot recently so didn't want to risk not captaining hazard :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

with aguero and sturridge to return (along with liverpool looking better), there will be a bit more variation between fantasy teams in the coming weeks - there's ample opportunity for the leaderboards to change.
Original post by Lúcio
with aguero and sturridge to return (along with liverpool looking better), there will be a bit more variation between fantasy teams in the coming weeks - there's ample opportunity for the leaderboards to change.

Yeah I've aguero with wc activated but don't really want to lose Austin and Kane as they're too good value for money so running them alongside aguero atm. If Sturridge comes back firing big though then that might change.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DeepStar
Dam! Gave my C band to Hazard over Sanchez....

I did this on Friday as well. Sigh, it's not been my week.

Trying to sort out my WC defence at the moment, Debuchy's injury changes things big time.

Quick Reply

Latest