The Student Room Group

College interview

hi guys

got a letter from a college who have offered me a place and want me to come in for and interview later this month, was wondering how to approach it and what type of clothes to wear, ie shirt jeans or polo shirt
Original post by Kevinsingh
hi guys

got a letter from a college who have offered me a place and want me to come in for and interview later this month, was wondering how to approach it and what type of clothes to wear, ie shirt jeans or polo shirt

Congratulations :smile:. I'd say casual professional for the interview but I dunno, have you asked your classmates who are going to interviews?

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar :frown:
Reply 2
I seem to be one of the first of my class mates to receive a letter so that options dead but thanks anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kevinsingh
I seem to be one of the first of my class mates to receive a letter so that options dead but thanks anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's impressive. If it helps though, my sibling went to theirs in a suit although they did say that almost everyone were wearing jeans during that day but I think that was enrolment day not interviews.

Is it during a school day by any chance?

Edit:

Btw, are you talking about FE colleges or Uni colleges?

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar :frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
If its on a school day, i would play it safe and wear school uniform.
Thats what i did when i had a interview on wednesday (I did get in, yay).
Reply 5
It's on a school day but it's later on in the evening

Posted from TSR Mobile
I also have my interview soon. What questions do they usually ask? How should I respond and what if you have no idea how to answer their question what do you say then? My form tutor has also written a negative comment about me that she sent to the 6th form, what shall i do???????
Just wear casual stuff.
That would be fine to wear as it's kind of formal and informal if that makes any sense. It also shows that you have a personality as it's sometimes express within what people wear (which is something they look for in colleges). However, you should go on the colleges website and research what type of clothes students would have to wear everyday. E.g. some schools allow you to wear your own clothes and others require you to wear smart clothes. Wear what they would require on a daily basis as it would make an impression as it shows you are willing to learn with the best of your ability.
Reply 9
Without sounding braggy, I would say that I'm quite confident and cool under pressure, 1 piece of advice I can offer is that if you don't know how to answer a question, just keep on talking, as long as it's not utter rubbish atlest you avoid awkward silences......

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just curious....(I have an interview on Friday too) which college asked you to come? if you don't mind answering me... :smile:
Reply 11
Xavarian Manchester

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest