The Student Room Group

Cambridge International Applicants 2015: WHY IS THE POST SO SLOW

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SkatyBoy
Monday or else, just wait for the post (or politely harass the Admissions Office - not recommended!). :s-smilie: AAAAAHHH!

i am deathly afraid of coming off as obnoxious to the people i may have to see on a regular basis over the next three years!!
Reply 21
Robinson (I made an open application and an algorithme put my application there. ) You ?
Original post by mookiko
i am deathly afraid of coming off as obnoxious to the people i may have to see on a regular basis over the next three years!!

^ and if I do get in oh god I'll have to see my interviewers all day and casually laugh about how awful i was

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mayanne
Robinson (I made an open application and an algorithme put my application there. ) You ?

magdalene :smile:
jesus :smile: not sure what's up w jesus, some say they'll email, some say you need to request... just gonna wait and see

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nanceheh
^ and if I do get in oh god I'll have to see my interviewers all day and casually laugh about how awful i was

Posted from TSR Mobile

omg but at least you'll be in!!! you can be like best budz with your interviewers and bond over the bad experience
Reply 26
Original post by mookiko

LOL, true. But ordinary international mail is very very unreliable, at least request like a cute, polite applicant? :P
Reply 27
UK applicants are getting their letters like THEY HAVE THEIR LETTERS PHYSICALLY IN THEIR HANDS RIGHT NOW WHILE MINE WON'T BE HERE FOR LIKE 3 WEEKS the frustration is real :argh: Cambridge, why you gotta do this :bawling:
...Anyways, anyone here for St Johns?
LOL, true. But ordinary international mail is very very unreliable, at least request like a cute, polite applicant? :P

if only there was a way to evoke complete desperation in an email.
Original post by Plenary
Econs. You?

Hey there! I applied to magdalene for econs as well. Checked out your profile and realised you're a fellow singaporean as well! Looks like we're in direct competition eh? Haha jk.

Anyway i reckon we'll hear back from them tomorrow. Hoping we both get in!
Reply 30
Original post by Onlydabest
Hey there! I applied to magdalene for econs as well. Checked out your profile and realised you're a fellow singaporean as well! Looks like we're in direct competition eh? Haha jk.

Anyway i reckon we'll hear back from them tomorrow. Hoping we both get in!

Haha hi fellow Singaporean! I'm applying for 2016 entry actually, serving NS now. You?
Reply 31
Why are there a lot of Magdalene applicants from Asia!! I guess its Jardines or something. Haha.
Original post by Plenary
Haha hi fellow Singaporean! I'm applying for 2016 entry actually, serving NS now. You?

Oh cool! Hmm i just ORD-ed in december 2014 and so will be enrolling this year.
Why are there a lot of Magdalene applicants from Asia!! I guess its Jardines or something. Haha.

Yeh thats probably the case. In fact I recall you from the jardine thread! (though I didn't make it past the first round interviews...)

yo did i meet any of you at the final interview?? hahahaahah
Reply 35
Oh cool! Hmm i just ORD-ed in december 2014 and so will be enrolling this year.

I see haha! Which JC were you from? (RJC here) What are you planning to do till school starts?
Original post by mookiko
yo did i meet any of you at the final interview?? hahahaahah

Hh btw i've heard that if you made it to the final interviews for jardine you are almost guaranteed an offer ffom oxbridge already. Jardine did in fact request info from the colleges about the statuses of our applications before deciding on who to invite to the final interviews. I reckon this info is pretty reliable so good for you! But dont take my word for it haha!

Original post by Plenary
I see haha! Which JC were you from? (RJC here) What are you planning to do till school starts?

I did the IB at ACSI. Hmm i'm currently just about to begin sort of an internship/part time job with a financial consultancy firm. In fact I took and passed a few qualification exams already :smile:
Reply 37
Hh btw i've heard that if you made it to the final interviews for jardine you are almost guaranteed an offer ffom oxbridge already. Jardine did in fact request info from the colleges about the statuses of our applications before deciding on who to invite to the final interviews. I reckon this info is pretty reliable so good for you! But dont take my word for it haha!

I did the IB at ACSI. Hmm i'm currently just about to begin sort of an internship/part time job with a financial consultancy firm. In fact I took and passed a few qualification exams already :smile:

Ahh I see! What sort of qualifications have you studied for? Haven't really been productive in NS haha.
Original post by Plenary
Ahh I see! What sort of qualifications have you studied for? Haven't really been productive in NS haha.

I took a few modules in the Capital Markets and Financial Advisory Services (CMFAS) exams which are prerequisites for obtaining a licence in financial advisory. Haha no worries I pretty much just let my brain rot during NS as well (as most people did I guess?) except for some self reading on economics and finance which I am genuinely interested in. You could probably just take it as a time to take a breather on the academic front and maybe take on some other useful stuff like driving?
(edited 9 years ago)

ya i've heard that, but i want concrete proof!! you never know with oxbridge :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending