The Student Room Group

AQA spanish GCSE controlled assessment?

Guys,

I'm gutted. I got 27/30 (90%) in a writing CA, that was my teachers marking though, she told us by the board she is a 'harsh' marker. I was told an A* is 28/30. I'm so angry and sad. I don't even know what to say. Is there any chance that the actual board markers will give me the extra mark? Do they normally mark higher than harsh marking teachers?
Any help is appreciated :smile:

Thank you,
Reply 1
Original post by guywithabigdream
Guys,

I'm gutted. I got 27/30 (90%) in a writing CA, that was my teachers marking though, she told us by the board she is a 'harsh' marker. I was told an A* is 28/30. I'm so angry and sad. I don't even know what to say. Is there any chance that the actual board markers will give me the extra mark? Do they normally mark higher than harsh marking teachers?
Any help is appreciated :smile:

Thank you,

For the sake of one mark you might as well go for it. In my English GCSE I missed an A by one mark and had it remarked and it went up.
I know how you feel, I do french instead but twice now I have got 27 and it is really annoying, I really want that one mark for an A*.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Domk096
For the sake of one mark you might as well go for it. In my English GCSE I missed an A by one mark and had it remarked and it went up.

I didn't know you could request it for a remark for CAs. I thought the marks only change when they're moderated and I thought even the moderation process only selects the work of a quarter of the students.
Reply 4
Original post by flibber
I didn't know you could request it for a remark for CAs. I thought the marks only change when they're moderated and I thought even the moderation process only selects the work of a quarter of the students.

Sorry what I meant was that when I recieved my results in the August it was a B and I had it remarked and got an A. Depending on the exam board (I did AQA) the CA can count for a relatuvely low percent compared the others, you might not need an A* in that to get one overall especially if you got 27/30.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending