University College London
London

The UCL PPE thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by inclop4.5
Do you know how many places there are at lse for ppe this year
?

Posted from TSR Mobile

According to this website, there are 45 places http://beaveronline.co.uk/lse-to-offer-4-year-36k-ppe-degree-with-double-first-classification/
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Thank you! Do you know if one can get a student loan for all four years?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you! Do you know if one can get a student loan for all four years?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No problem, and I'm sure you can :smile:

Wow! Only 45 places that is crazy! :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ucl only has 25, and I heard kings only has 20-35 somewhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 145
Ucl only has 25, and I heard kings only has 20-35 somewhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you kidding? Ahahah
Original post by Ibac
Are you kidding? Ahahah

Check out the ucl faq. They say they expect around 25 places to be given out this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Check out the ucl faq. They say they expect around 25 places to be given out this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think they're going to be giving out only 25 offers. Not everyone may firm UCL, so although they may have 25 spots, they'll give out more than 25 offers to ensure that just in case people do decline, they'll still be able to fill up spots.
Reply 148
Original post by Dprince
Xenia95 what other uni's have you applied to?

Seems like the Portal being on "application received" is fairly common. From what I've heard it stays that way and then when it changes to "processed by admissions" or something you get your decision fairly soon after.

I applied to LSE and Exeter (Unconditional)
Original post by Teddysmith123
Wow! Only 45 places that is crazy! :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know right, and there are bound to be several hundred applicants, so competition is tight too!
Original post by Ibac
Nono, It was just a question!

Oh I see, my bad!

Original post by economicsrocks
No I didn't! I applied to LSE and Warwick too, still waiting on them. What happened with your application?! :smile:

Ahh well good luck with those two! Basically because I got AAA and they wanted A*AA, and some of my other courses (UCL included) offer A*AA-AAA, I didn't want to say on UCAS that I would resit encase UCL were like "well okay then, we want an A*". So I rang KCL and said to them like look guys, I'll resit if you want me to but I can't put it on my UCAS. They were cool with it. Then I got rejected by KCL on the grounds that "You neither have, nor are predicted to have, the entry requirements" and so I messaged them essentially saying "look, I'm not stuck up and I don't begrudge you rejecting me, but I refuse to be rejected on those grounds when I specifically told you guys that I would resit". They were like "Okay!" So now they're just reassessing my application and I've got a proper predicted grade from my History teacher, it's all so weird haha!
Original post by xenia95
I applied to LSE and Exeter (Unconditional)

Nice! I had an offer from Exeter last year. Good course!
Original post by kurofune
I don't think they're going to be giving out only 25 offers. Not everyone may firm UCL, so although they may have 25 spots, they'll give out more than 25 offers to ensure that just in case people do decline, they'll still be able to fill up spots.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah all the people going to Oxford will have applied to UCL and will, needless to say, get offers from UCL. UCL will probs give out anywhere up to 5 offers per place given that, broadly speaking, there's only a 1/5 chance that applicants will accept their course (this assumes an averaging out of the two variables- applicants ability to attain the grades to meet their offers, and the quality of the course and resultant likelihood of the university being a firm choice).
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Dprince
Ahh well good luck with those two! Basically because I got AAA and they wanted A*AA, and some of my other courses (UCL included) offer A*AA-AAA, I didn't want to say on UCAS that I would resit encase UCL were like "well okay then, we want an A*". So I rang KCL and said to them like look guys, I'll resit if you want me to but I can't put it on my UCAS. They were cool with it. Then I got rejected by KCL on the grounds that "You neither have, nor are predicted to have, the entry requirements" and so I messaged them essentially saying "look, I'm not stuck up and I don't begrudge you rejecting me, but I refuse to be rejected on those grounds when I specifically told you guys that I would resit". They were like "Okay!" So now they're just reassessing my application and I've got a proper predicted grade from my History teacher, it's all so weird haha!

Thank you! Oh haha! That's crazy, but it's good they are still considering you. Hopefully this time they'll give you an offer! :smile:
Thank you! Oh haha! That's crazy, but it's good they are still considering you. Hopefully this time they'll give you an offer! :smile:

Here's to hoping! Though I'm sure you're secretly hoping I'm rejected so I remove myself from the pool of applicants :wink:
I know right, and there are bound to be several hundred applicants, so competition is tight too!

Well if there are several hundred applicants the I'm sure that we won't hear back until very late!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dprince
Here's to hoping! Though I'm sure you're secretly hoping I'm rejected so I remove myself from the pool of applicants :wink:

Haha I didn't apply to KCL so I'll let you have this offer :wink:
Original post by Teddysmith123
Well if there are several hundred applicants the I'm sure that we won't hear back until very late!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tbh I don't know how many applicants there are, I'm just estimating based on how competitive the established PPE courses are but I just want them to hurry up!! :frown:
Haha I didn't apply to KCL so I'll let you have this offer :wink:

Thank you kind Sir!:top2:
Tbh I don't know how many applicants there are, I'm just estimating based on how competitive the established PPE courses are but I just want them to hurry up!! :frown:

I know I just want to know! I still have ucl and durham to hear back from...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending