The Student Room Group

Why do guys think it's unfair?

If there's two guys interested in me, each have great personalities but one of them I'm more attracted to physically, of course I'll be more interested in him and choose to date him first. Why do the less attractive guys tend to hold a grudge? It's not like I tell them in a harsh way but rather that I'm interested in someone else right now.

Guys do the same thing with women. It's nothing personal but just the way it is.

Scroll to see replies

It's mostly guys who use the "friendzone" bs, what do you expect?
Reply 2
Original post by Retired_Messiah
It's mostly guys who use the "friendzone" bs, what do you expect?

Friendzone. :lol: It's not impossible for me to start being interested in friends. As friends I can get to know them better and find them more interesting over time.
In on subtle brag thread

anyway, on topic

-looks (particularly facially) are something you can't change
-it's considered unfair to judge someone based on something they can't do anything about

i guess in a sense it isn't fair but that's just the way the world works, not something that's likely to change anytime soon so i guess we'll just have to deal with it
You can't change how you look, so they basically lost
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
In on subtle brag thread

anyway, on topic

-looks (particularly facially) are something you can't change
-it's considered unfair to judge someone based on something they can't do anything about

i guess in a sense it isn't fair but that's just the way the world works, not something that's likely to change anytime soon so i guess we'll just have to deal with it

I didn't intend to make it sound like I'm subtly bragging. But yep, I see what you mean about unfairness. It is the way the world works.
Original post by Groot
If there's two guys interested in me, each have great personalities but one of them I'm more attracted to physically, of course I'll be more interested in him and choose to date him first. Why do the less attractive guys tend to hold a grudge? It's not like I tell them in a harsh way but rather that I'm interested in someone else right now.

Guys do the same thing with women. It's nothing personal but just the way it is.

Well you'd probably feel the same way if a guy chose another woman over you because he was more attracted to her. It's understandable, of course, that you would go for the person who you were more attracted to both personality wise and appearance wise but that doesn't mean the other person has to be okay with it. I know I'd be annoyed for a while :lol:
Reply 7
Original post by chukster97
You can't change how you look, so they basically lost

There'll be rejections here and there, but what about the idea that there is someone for everyone? Even less physically attractive people can find partners eventually?
Reply 8
Original post by Precious Illusions
Well you'd probably feel the same way if a guy chose another woman over you because he was more attracted to her. It's understandable, of course, that you would go for the person who you were more attracted to both personality wise and appearance wise but that doesn't mean the other person has to be okay with it. I know I'd be annoyed for a while :lol:

How long is a while for you? :tongue:
Original post by Groot
How long is a while for you? :tongue:

Depends how attached I was tbh. If it was someone I'd known for like a few weeks or something I'd probably be pissed for a week then get over it :lol: If I'd known him for a long time then...I'd b annoyed for longer :tongue:
Reply 10
Original post by Precious Illusions
Depends how attached I was tbh. If it was someone I'd known for like a few weeks or something I'd probably be pissed for a week then get over it :lol: If I'd known him for a long time then...I'd b annoyed for longer :tongue:

Wow. But don't you think it's pointless to be pissed for at least a week? He doesn't mean to hurt you. It's not really his fault. If there's two options, he can't pick both; someone has to get "rejected". :s-smilie:
Original post by Groot
Wow. But don't you think it's pointless to be pissed for at least a week? He doesn't mean to hurt you. It's not really his fault. If there's two options, he can't pick both; someone has to get "rejected". :s-smilie:

People don't like "rejection", regardless of how much sense it makes.
Original post by Groot
There'll be rejections here and there, but what about the idea that there is someone for everyone? Even less physically attractive people can find partners eventually?

Have you been outside? There's every type of pairing out there :smile:

But yeah, generally we would all like to date more attractive people. Once you get to know them, though, things change. There used to be this girl at school who I found really attractive. She got good grades too (I really like that in a girl, but I'm kind of weird like that). She changed though. Started hanging out with the popular girls, and started saying stuff like "totes" and "amazeballs" and pretended to act really dumb in order to fit in. I just lost interest after that :frown:

We do prefer attractive people, but more importantly, we want someone we can tolerate and connect with on a personal level.
Original post by Groot

Original post by Retired_Messiah
People don't like "rejection", regardless of how much sense it makes.

This. You can't help feeling hurt and upset even if the person didn't mean to hurt you. I'd totally understand but if you have feelings for someone you can't just...switch them off :dontknow:
Original post by Groot

Personally if I was the guy that lost out to a girl I wanted to be with then I wouldn't hold a grudge but would definitely be hurting a lot as you can't really change your looks that much. Some guys let it affect them too much I guess.
Get in there girl
Reply 16
Original post by Multitalented me
Personally if I was the guy that lost out to a girl I wanted to be with then I wouldn't hold a grudge but would definitely be hurting a lot as you can't really change your looks that much. Some guys let it affect them too much I guess.

It would hurt more if people place all their emotions on the line.
Original post by Groot
It would hurt more if people place all their emotions on the line.
Well it depends how much someone liked someone else I guess, human beings have emotions & well sometimes it's hard to control.
Reply 18
Original post by Groot

Not sure guys tend to 'hold a grudge' in this situation, just get a bit disappointed and fed up. I imagine its the same for girls. The only times I've felt a bit pissed off with a girl is when after initial encouragement, eg kissing, she changes her mind and blows me out for a date - sort of hurts your feelings if you're keen. Even then I know it's all part of the dog eat dog world of dating and I try to be philosophical.
Original post by Multitalented me
Well it depends how much someone liked someone else I guess, human beings have emotions & well sometimes it's hard to control.

I think this is why I would tend to take a more logical stance on relationships. Screw how I feel, if a girl I really like is even considering comparing me to her other option, I would deduce that she isn't really the one.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending