The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zerforax
We're halfway through the season and we're 4-7 points off 4th place. I think Arsenal and Man Utd will continue to improve into the rest of the season. Man Utd have no European football and Arsenal will go out at R16 as usual.

Our team hasn't improved at the back though Sturridge will add goals if he stays fit. We won't spend big money in January either.

Also, even if Man Utd or Arsenal did falter, there's still Southampton, Spurs, West Ham who have all been more consistent than us so far.

i don't disagree with what you're saying - united will definitely improve, but arsenal always seem to struggle during the february/march time every season.

it's clear we're improving; we're creating a lovely number of chances, we just arent finishing them off - something that sturridge will do when he returns.
don't underestimate the impact sturridge will have on the team both physically and psychologically.

spurs aren't the biggest problem - you can't be that lucky for an entire year and kane won't play every game.
west ham, just no; they've had a lovely run but there's absolutely no way they will compete for a top 4 place this season.
southampton are excellent and could be the threat, they seem to struggle against top teams although we'll see how they do today.

we have so much room to improve and we aren't even that far behind - there's no reason to be negative right now.
i feel like i'm the only person who has stayed positive and hopeful this season :/
Begovic with a Mignolet-esque performance today. Good to see keepers showing solidarity.
United winning will actually be better than Soton winning if you consider points wise Liverpool will be closer to top 4. Otherwise a draw is what we want the most.
From a neutral POV, this match has been pretty dull. Out of curiosity, who do you all most like watching that isn't Liverpool?

I find Chelsea games as dull as dishwater whoever their manager tbh. Man City matches are usually quite good to watch, and United have been mercurial and intriguing under Van Gaal compared to the boring monotony of victory, victory, victory under Ferguson.
Cheer up, no need to be so depressed it's only 4 points.
We're halfway through the season and we're 4-7 points off 4th place. I think Arsenal and Man Utd will continue to improve into the rest of the season. Man Utd have no European football and Arsenal will go out at R16 as usual.

Our team hasn't improved at the back though Sturridge will add goals if he stays fit. We won't spend big money in January either.

Also, even if Man Utd or Arsenal did falter, there's still Southampton, Spurs, West Ham who have all been more consistent than us so far.

We've got Monaco?

No surprise that a Liverpool fan missed the draw though tbf, Europa wasnt on till later was it? :laugh:
Not to be overly optimistic, but I would be very surprised if Arsenal didnt give Liverpool a hiding at the Emirates as well tbh
Original post by Mackay
From a neutral POV, this match has been pretty dull. Out of curiosity, who do you all most like watching that isn't Liverpool?

I find Chelsea games as dull as dishwater whoever their manager tbh. Man City matches are usually quite good to watch, and United have been mercurial and intriguing under Van Gaal compared to the boring monotony of victory, victory, victory under Ferguson.

Chelsea were good when we first got Hazard and under Ancelotti but it goes back to boring as ****.

United ave been boring as hell to watch, only funny thing is watching them lose. Think Fergies team around 2011-13 played more exciting football and that's saying a lot.
Most exciting team in the league to watch is City when they're playing well. Arsenal have their moments as well but the spectacle is much diminished in recent times.

Liverpool arent really that entertaining without Suarez either. It's quite flat this season.

We're playing Monaco, don't be so sure

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samir12
United winning will actually be better than Soton winning if you consider points wise Liverpool will be closer to top 4. Otherwise a draw is what we want the most.

Well that's working out well so far.
Original post by Zürich
Most exciting team in the league to watch is City when they're playing well. Arsenal have their moments as well but the spectacle is much diminished in recent times.

Liverpool arent really that entertaining without Suarez either. It's quite flat this season.

Recently you can see our cohesion and sense of creation, but we're still not scoring so it's not as interesting as it deserves to be.
Original post by Zürich
Not to be overly optimistic, but I would be very surprised if Arsenal didnt give Liverpool a hiding at the Emirates as well tbh

I'm sure you say something similar every game.
Original post by So Instinct
I'm sure you say something similar every game.

Tbf I never rate Liverpool really. Just cant do it, habit of a lifetime.
Original post by Zürich

A true fan of football can always appreciate and respect the quality of another team, even a rival.
Original post by Lúcio
A true fan of football can always appreciate and respect the quality of another team, even a rival.

Yeah but your team needs to have quality in the first place or there is nothing to appreciate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
Yeah but your team needs to have quality in the first place or there is nothing to appreciate.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice try, throwing out the bait there :smile:
Original post by Zürich

This season we've been very dull to watch.

Southampton, Tottenham and Swansea are the only matches which really excited me. Even in the CL, we were lacking spark. Hopefully Sturridge's return ends that.
Original post by Zürich

The feelings mutual. Tbf Arsenal dishing out a hiding to any of the top 4 competing teams is pretty optimistic, you're usually the team at the end of the sodomy not the perpetrator. :tongue:

Depends on our form when we face you, but I don't there will be much in it, your home form is strong so it's a tough game for us.
(edited 9 years ago)
Yh it's true Arsenal struggle against the big teams, which is why we manage to win against you guys more often then not.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest