The Student Room Group

Any advice on revision for maths?

I am targeted a B but every time revise I get C's i am doing the edexcel higher and edexcel igcse higher

any tips???
Reply 1
Practice papers and exam questions.

BBC Bitesize.

MyMaths.

More practice papers.
Original post by Thomas12345
I am targeted a B but every time revise I get C's i am doing the edexcel higher and edexcel igcse higher

any tips???

I think past papers r very important :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

any tips???

Mathswatch and other online titurials. Also past papers. Seriously i still wonder how i got the grade i did. Maths is just practice tbh.
Reply 4
Original post by German123
Mathswatch and other online titurials. Also past papers. Seriously i still wonder how i got the grade i did. Maths is just practice tbh.

What grade did you get?
Reply 5
What grade did you get?

I got the third letter in the alphabet. Anyway why does that matter? I have passed and you only need like 30% to pass anyway which should not be hard unless you physically cant do maths i.e. have Maths dyslexia. Maths was not my favourite subject at GCSE hence those like me found it hard to actually put effort in to it like you would do for a subject that you like. Maths tbh is just practice and f you dont do that then it will be unlikely for you to pass eventhough it is only like 30% to do so. Like i said before you should use Mathswatch and cover all the past papers if possible(one past paper a week). Also you should attend class boosters because they help aswell.
examsolutions, do the past papers on there, watch the videos after attempting the questions, if you got them wrong, choose the topic and watch the video on it, and repeat again until you can get every question right.
I highly recommend using the MathsWatch CD or searching for youtube videos on the types of questions that you struggle with eg.maths247 . This was so useful and was the only revision source I used which was really effective as it got me an A* when i took it in year 9
Using different colour pan to notes down the mistake, then re-do it again, again and again. Until you can completely made it correct. Review all your previous exercise and exam papers. :smile:
Reply 9
BBC Bitesize all the way. BBC Bitesize got me an A* in the higher paper.
Practice till your heart stops beating.
Original post by Abdul-Karim

Lol, yeah right practicing makes man perfect :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by Fallen99
Lol, yeah right practicing makes man perfect :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Abdul-Karim

Original post by ABerrie
BBC Bitesize all the way. BBC Bitesize got me an A* in the higher paper.

Original post by Pro.Beaver
Using different colour pan to notes down the mistake, then re-do it again, again and again. Until you can completely made it correct. Review all your previous exercise and exam papers. :smile:

Original post by chumaniward
I highly recommend using the MathsWatch CD or searching for youtube videos on the types of questions that you struggle with eg.maths247 . This was so useful and was the only revision source I used which was really effective as it got me an A* when i took it in year 9

Original post by jshep000
examsolutions, do the past papers on there, watch the videos after attempting the questions, if you got them wrong, choose the topic and watch the video on it, and repeat again until you can get every question right.

Original post by Green22
I got the third letter in the alphabet. Anyway why does that matter? I have passed and you only need like 30% to pass anyway which should not be hard unless you physically cant do maths i.e. have Maths dyslexia. Maths was not my favourite subject at GCSE hence those like me found it hard to actually put effort in to it like you would do for a subject that you like. Maths tbh is just practice and f you dont do that then it will be unlikely for you to pass eventhough it is only like 30% to do so. Like i said before you should use Mathswatch and cover all the past papers if possible(one past paper a week). Also you should attend class boosters because they help aswell.

Just though I would let you all know I got a B1 in my mock :smile: !!!
Aiming for that A in the summer now

Quick Reply

Latest