Non-fiction.

Yes. Non-Fiction.

The bible is real.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by lent6
No. Fiction.

The bible is real.

Fiction is the not real section.

But, libraries are split into more than just fiction/Non-fiction: it'd be in the religion section.
Reply 4
It's in the best sellers....
They put it in the children's section.
:mmm:
Original post by Xenorebrem

So much intolerance. :nope:
Hope it's under fiction.

Would be funny though if Bible, Quran, Tora, the FSM Gospel etc were all under non-fiction next to each other :P
Reply 8
Original post by Messiah Complex
Which section? :holmes:
Have none of you checked? Do you not use libraries?

It is in Reference.

Original post by Xenorebrem
Yes, in public libraries copies of children's bibles, along with children's versins of other religious works, will be found in the children's section.
Non-fiction section, as you would find it on Philosophy and Religion shelves.
I checked a few places, and it tends to be non-fiction or neither.

One comment from a librarian saying they could never put it in the fiction section. I can see why.

Most certainly no self-respecting library would put it in the 'history' section to be read as a textbook either - even Christians don't claim it as a history textbook (except creationists). :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
It doesn't have to be taken literally for it to be non fiction. It is an artifact
In a modern society? It should be in the bin
In my library it's in the reference section, next to books on Norse Mythology and Greek Myths. Atheist books are in the non-fiction section.
Original post by Twinpeaks
So much intolerance. :nope:

That isn't intolerance.

Intolerance would be "religion is childish and you're not allowed to believe it".

There's a very important difference between the two.
Honestly am I the only one that thinks religion was just a medium of control earlier on but was made for the good of the people, but now people of that same religion believe that controlling people is their prime objective and so theh decide to hate on people who don't believe in religion. I don't believe in religion but I am okay with people who do. Then why aren't people okay with accepting my beliefs? I think god and religion are two different things but maybe that's just me. Dunt h8 m8
Original post by TurboCretin
That isn't intolerance.

Intolerance would be "religion is childish and you're not allowed to believe it".

There's a very important difference between the two.

No...

Intolerance is an unwilling to accept others beliefs, beliefs that are different to your own. You seem to think it means enforcing your own beliefs on others, or not allowing others to have different beliefs. It is not just that, intolerance is also looking down on/ ridiculing others beliefs, rather than accepting we have our own differences.

Intolerance is saying a belief is stupid. It doesn't require the add on of 'your belief is stupid, so you aren't allowed to have it'.

I also feel I should add that criticising beliefs is a lot different to ridiculing beliefs.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by SiminaM
Every book is 'real' duh!

I think he must be a creationist, anyone feel a bit like Richard Dawkins getting hate mail now?
Original post by Twinpeaks
No...

Intolerance is an unwilling to accept others beliefs, beliefs that are different to your own. You seem to think it means enforcing your own beliefs on others, or not allowing others to have different beliefs. It is not just that, intolerance is also looking down on/ ridiculing others beliefs, rather than accepting we have our own differences.

Intolerance is saying a belief is stupid. It doesn't require the add on of 'your belief is stupid, so you aren't allowed to have it'.

I also feel I should add that criticising beliefs is a lot different to ridiculing beliefs.
Paedophiles have the belief that it's ok to go around maiming small children. Should we tolerate and not look down on or ridicule their belief?
Original post by Gott der Zweite
I think he must be a creationist, anyone feel a bit like Richard Dawkins getting hate mail now?

Wtf? I am a girl...

Latest

Trending

Trending