The Student Room Group

Fancy my flat mate :/

I'm in my first year at university and I've foolishly managed to develop feelings for a guy who lives in the flat below. We're in the same group of friends and have already arranged to all live in a house together next year. He's a lovely person and we get on really well but I don't know whether to tell him about these feelings or not. I don't want it to be awkward between us if he doesn't feel the same way or if things didn't work out, since it wouldn't really be fair on the other people we would be sharing with. Some advice would be really helpful :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
go to his room tonight and ask to borrow toothpaste, then ask if he likes his girls dirty and take off all your clothes.
Helpful
Reply 3
Ask him what movies he likes.

Get in one of those movies, a take-away and a box of wine. Invite him to watch it with you. With these sacrifices to Cupid and Bacchus, your wish will come true.

Get condoms in too, just in case he knows how to make balloon animals.
Reply 4
Let him catch you touching yourself
There are two things you need to consider before making a decision.
1. Do you think he likes you? and
2. There's a real chance of creating an awkward situ if he doesn't feel the same and you have all signed the new accomodation contracts and have to live together afterwards. Even if he does feel the same, living together would put undue stress on the relationship, as well as make things awkward if and when you split (sorry to sound so negative about it).
Tell him how you feel if you think he feels the same way, but only if you can avoid moving in together next year. But that's my opinion.
Best of luck with whatever you decide :smile:
Last year, 2 people living in my block got involved with each other. It wasn't really awkward for anyone since they flirted with each other in clubs and parties all the time. Although they're not living in the same house this year, they're still in a good relationship so there's hope for you :biggrin:
Reply 7
Original post by saj29
I'm in my first year at university and I've foolishly managed to develop feelings for a guy who lives in the flat below. We're in the same group of friends and have already arranged to all live in a house together next year. He's a lovely person and we get on really well but I don't know whether to tell him about these feelings or not. I don't want it to be awkward between us if he doesn't feel the same way or if things didn't work out, since it wouldn't really be fair on the other people we would be sharing with. Some advice would be really helpful :smile:

Are you a boy or a girl?
it depends if you're sure he feels the same way. I'd say don't tell him how you feel but kinda flirt for a bit and see if he responds. If things do get awkward between you, time will fix it. I fancied a guy I lived with last year and now live with. I thought he liked me too so let my feelings be known only to find out he only saw me as a friend. Was awkward for a little while, very awkward at times, but now we're back to almost normal.
It completely depends on how you feel. If you want to go for it, do it soon so it is not just before you move in together and if it is really that awkward then you can always not live together while it is not too late to back out as a worst case scenario! If not then I would suggest that it will never happen as after living with someone you will have to really love them to still want to be with them when you find out all their nasty habits!
Original post by Ekemini
Are you a boy or a girl?

Girl :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by bobbieare
it depends if you're sure he feels the same way. I'd say don't tell him how you feel but kinda flirt for a bit and see if he responds. If things do get awkward between you, time will fix it. I fancied a guy I lived with last year and now live with. I thought he liked me too so let my feelings be known only to find out he only saw me as a friend. Was awkward for a little while, very awkward at times, but now we're back to almost normal.

I'm not sure. He's very...affectionate towards me. But I'm not sure whether it's just in a 'friend only' kind of way or whether he sees it as something more

Reply 12
Original post by saj29
I'm not sure. He's very...affectionate towards me. But I'm not sure whether it's just in a 'friend only' kind of way or whether he sees it as something more
Weeeeeellll, let's try the acid test.

Is he male?
Reply 13
Original post by Simes
Weeeeeellll, let's try the acid test.

Is he male?

Yes.
Original post by saj29

If you want him to know you like him, it makes sense to let him know. However, I would avoid outright declaring your love for him and try and try and show it through your body language, actions, and reactions towards him. If he seems to reciprocate and flirt with you, then thats a good sign. If not, back off - because you don't wanna ruin your living plans and make things awkward. Perhaps if you do wanna have a fling/relationship make sure you consider how it could affect your 2nd years at uni - you will have to live with him even if it ends badly.
Reply 15
Original post by Dima-Blackburn
Last year, 2 people living in my block got involved with each other. It wasn't really awkward for anyone since they flirted with each other in clubs and parties all the time. Although they're not living in the same house this year, they're still in a good relationship so there's hope for you :biggrin:

HEYYYY ASSASSIN'S CREED FAN!!

Sup

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending