The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Obiejess
I didn't even use the formula sheet in my Maths GCSE last year. Tbh you don't need it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

True, but it calms me down for some reason. Plus sometimes it triggers a memory if you used both the formulas in one lesson. The physics equation sheet is so useless...:angry:
Original post by lovely404123
I chose physics since it seems more interesting. But I don't want to take Maths or Physics. So does that mean I wont get into medicine?
What are the ideal topics?
Man I am so stressed

No it doesn't if u choose physics and maths but u have to choose Biology and Chemistry :smile:
Original post by ImagineCats
True, but it calms me down for some reason. Plus sometimes it triggers a memory if you used both the formulas in one lesson. The physics equation sheet is so useless...:angry:

I don't even get a physics equation sheet :frown:
Original post by Peachy23
Is anyone here doing AQA French?

I am! :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Trihawk7
I don't even get a physics equation sheet :frown:

Surely its compulsory with the exam-board? I still manage to get Cs in physics every time ergh
Surely its compulsory with the exam-board? I still manage to get Cs in physics every time ergh

Probably the fact that I'm on CCEA but still, it is quite demanding trying to learn all the equations before the exam... What are you struggling on?
Original post by Gilo98
Heheh :ahee: yep, some colleges ask for STEP for CompSci as well - apparently STEP is aimed at the top 2% of A Level Maths Students

Are you thinking of applying for mathsey sciencey subjects at Cambridge?

Have you done the speaking? :biggrin:
Probably the fact that I'm on CCEA but still, it is quite demanding trying to learn all the equations before the exam... What are you struggling on?

Pretty much everything in general. I'm a biology person :tongue: I'm terrible at maths, and I always get the calculations wrong for some reason. This year I'll try to knuckle down and get that B grade in science! Hopefully an A, but I'm sure physics will pull me down :frown:
Any additional science people out there? AQA? I'm looking for the exam dates and I'm confused between "(Biology) unit 2" or Certificate in double science award (biology)"? My teachers do the whole "I'll get the exam dates for you" but never come back pfft
Pretty much everything in general. I'm a biology person :tongue: I'm terrible at maths, and I always get the calculations wrong for some reason. This year I'll try to knuckle down and get that B grade in science! Hopefully an A, but I'm sure physics will pull me down :frown:

:frown: I don't exactly struggle with chemistry but I do get caught out with it sometimes, but hey, we all have our downsides :frown:... Hopefully you get that A!
Original post by Peachy23
Have you done the speaking? :biggrin:

Yeah I've done both. Got 29/30 and 28/30 on them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
:frown: I don't exactly struggle with chemistry but I do get caught out with it sometimes, but hey, we all have our downsides :frown:... Hopefully you get that A!

Fingers crossed! It's the last subject I want an A in though :tongue: I want A's/A*s in RE, German, French, Geography and ideally one of the English's but probably not. What are you thinking of taking for A levels?
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Yeah I've done both. Got 29/30 and 28/30 on them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow, that's awesome! Do you know around how many words you wrote? I think I may have written too much :/
Fingers crossed! It's the last subject I want an A in though :tongue: I want A's/A*s in RE, German, French, Geography and ideally one of the English's but probably not. What are you thinking of taking for A levels?

Yay, we both have an ambition for an A in one if not both of the Englishs :smile:

I really have no clue, I have two for definite: Maths, physics. Then idk, if my school does offer computing I will take that but after that I'm kind of clueless if they don't. If they don't I think I'll only have one route which is: Maths, physics, biology and geography or something.

My school unfortunately doesn't offer much which is why I'm considering moving but really can't debate whether to do so or not because I don't have many friends outside of my school friends with the exception of a few.

You?
Original post by Gingerbread101
I got 11 A*s and 1 A :colondollar:
What exam boards are you on for English and RE?

Just out of curiosity, how much did you put into revision? When did you start revising?
Original post by frostyy
Just out of curiosity, how much did you put into revision? When did you start revising?

I started revising late but then revised a lot, I started around April :smile:
Yay, we both have an ambition for an A in one if not both of the Englishs :smile:

I really have no clue, I have two for definite: Maths, physics. Then idk, if my school does offer computing I will take that but after that I'm kind of clueless if they don't. If they don't I think I'll only have one route which is: Maths, physics, biology and geography or something.

My school unfortunately doesn't offer much which is why I'm considering moving but really can't debate whether to do so or not because I don't have many friends outside of my school friends with the exception of a few.

You?

I wish I was smart enough to do physics and maths and then go on to do engineering or something like that at uni:frown: Sorry to hear about your options problem. Maybe moving school, plus I'm sure you'll make new friends being a smarty n' all, may be the better option? I think some unis will accept you for computer science with maths+ a science subject alone.
I'm hoping to do psychology, biology, German and geography, then do either psychology, German w/ Russian (Learning russian outside of school its amazing), or env. science at uni :biggrin: Try looking up computer science or the degree you want on UCAS, that helped me a lot :tongue: Are you looking at unis? Which ones?
I wish I was smart enough to do physics and maths and then go on to do engineering or something like that at uni:frown: Sorry to hear about your options problem. Maybe moving school, plus I'm sure you'll make new friends being a smarty n' all, may be the better option? I think some unis will accept you for computer science with maths+ a science subject alone.
I'm hoping to do psychology, biology, German and geography, then do either psychology, German w/ Russian (Learning russian outside of school its amazing), or env. science at uni :biggrin: Try looking up computer science or the degree you want on UCAS, that helped me a lot :tongue: Are you looking at unis? Which ones?

I'm really clueless on what I want to do, I really want to do some sort of engineering especially aerospace but demand kind of depresses me with the latest job cuts at Rolls Royce. I'm pretty passionate about planes and would love to study them but jobs are more important...

Being a smarty doesn't really suit me :tongue: I'm just good at school because I try at it :wink: Maybe the better option but whether it's the more worthy option is another story. CompSci and some engineering are probably the main ones for me, but yeah, I've looked at a few and they do do that thing where you just have maths and a science, though I don't exactly want to pick chemistry because it's tough as it is GCSE so I might be put onto a list as candidates to consider less of :frown:. If only my school did further maths :frown:.

Nice! Interesting combination I guess especially the Russian! I did that a while back but then I forgot all the requirements :tongue: I'll look tomorrow I guess. I really have no clue on what universities yet since I haven't kept much track of them at all... What unis are you think of?
I'm really clueless on what I want to do, I really want to do some sort of engineering especially aerospace but demand kind of depresses me with the latest job cuts at Rolls Royce. I'm pretty passionate about planes and would love to study them but jobs are more important...

Being a smarty doesn't really suit me :tongue: I'm just good at school because I try at it :wink: Maybe the better option but whether it's the more worthy option is another story. CompSci and some engineering are probably the main ones for me, but yeah, I've looked at a few and they do do that thing where you just have maths and a science, though I don't exactly want to pick chemistry because it's tough as it is GCSE so I might be put onto a list as candidates to consider less of :frown:. If only my school did further maths :frown:.

Nice! Interesting combination I guess especially the Russian! I did that a while back but then I forgot all the requirements :tongue: I'll look tomorrow I guess. I really have no clue on what universities yet since I haven't kept much track of them at all... What unis are you think of?

A close family friend of mine did engineering at Swansea and is doing his masters in aeronautical engineering at Birmingham, then has a placement at Rolls Royce as an intern! Small world ahah
Yeah I was thinking chemistry for biomed, but I remembered I still can't balance equations and have no idea how to predict the outcomes of an experiment :tongue: I'm looking at Cardiff (Football fan family, plus I love the city but rarely go), East Anglia, Kent (close to home tehee), Sussex, Brighton or Liverpool :smile: Cardiff is probably my fav, but its AAB to get in for psychology which might be too high for me :frown:

Latest