The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SiminaM
I don't see sex as a physical act but as the ultimate act of love and dedication-of course it's physical but it involves so much more than that in my opinion.

If 'sex' is indeed only the ultimate act of love and dedication, then anything that happened, and that includes oral intercourse, anal intercourse, and vaginal intercourse, that's not the ultimate act of love and dedication is not 'sex'.

If those things count as 'sex' despite not being ultimate acts of love and dedication, then sex, even by your definition, is not the ultimate act of love and dedication.
It's an awful, derogatory term and I hate the fact it's used for women.
The only person I know who even uses the word is a girl who self describes herself as one. She embraces it.
Original post by geoking
Lol someone clearly has a chip on their shoulder...

No. I just don't particularly like it when people are targeted purely for their gender or anything else that they can't change.

It seems you have a chip on your shoulder, judging by your posts in this thread.
(edited 9 years ago)
The slut-stud double standard is one of the unfortunate side-effects of internalised misogyny, I have said on many threads that we need to break down both the 'purity complex' for women (the reason hyper-sexualised women are called 'sluts') and the virginity complex for men (the reason they have to obtain sex to be validated as 'studs'). PLease help me break down both gender barriers thank you
Original post by SiminaM
It's just my opinion, sex has lost its meaning to girls these days.

You can do whatever you like but this once again is illogical.

Sex, to you, is only meaningful with love. This actually means sex in itself is meaningless to you.

Sex hasn't 'lost' its meaning to girls these days if they have sex without love; sex has lost its meaning to you, not to them.
Original post by clh_hilary
If 'sex' is indeed only the ultimate act of love and dedication, then anything that happened, and that includes oral intercourse, anal intercourse, and vaginal intercourse, that's not the ultimate act of love and dedication is not 'sex'.

If those things count as 'sex' despite not being ultimate acts of love and dedication, then sex, even by your definition, is not the ultimate act of love and dedication.

PERSONAL BIASED OPINION ok? If you don't agree, deal with it or ignore me.
Original post by SiminaM
PERSONAL BIASED OPINION ok? If you don't agree, deal with it or ignore me.

I'm not saying you should see sex in any way, I'm just telling you what you have said made no sense whatsoever. It's illogical.

If a 'book' is pieces of paper with words and/or pictures on them, a pile of paper with no words or pictures is not a 'book'.

Similarly, if 'sex' is something done with love and dedication, something that is not done with love and dedication is not sex.

I'm just showing you how illogical your definition is. You can say you only have sex with love like you only have bread with butter; but you cannot say 'bread is a food with butter'.
I'm not saying you should see sex in any way, I'm just telling you what you have said made no sense whatsoever. It's illogical.

If a 'book' is pieces of paper with words and/or pictures on them, a pile of paper with no words or pictures is not a 'book'.

Similarly, if 'sex' is something done with love and dedication, something that is not done with love and dedication is not sex.

I'm just showing you how illogical your definition is. You can say you only have sex with love like you only have bread with butter; but you cannot say 'bread is a food with butter'.

LOL I didn't even read this. Stop going all shrinky and lawyery on me, I don't care. You should be a lawyer btw. Find someone else to bother :*
Don't wanna sound rude but really you're wasting your time on me. I may have said an illogical thing but I know what I mean and want so peace. :biggrin:
Let's just agree to disagree ok?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by SiminaM
LOL I didn't even read this. Stop going all shrinky and lawyery on me, I don't care. You should be a lawyer btw. Find someone else to bother :*
Don't wanna sound rude but really you're wasting your time on me. I may have said an illogical thing but I know what I mean and want so peace. :biggrin:
Let's just agree to disagree ok?

You're still not getting the point. It's not me agreeing or disagreeing with whether sex should be done with love, it's the idea that 'sex is the ultimate act of love and dedication' could only be true if intercourse without love is not sex. Bread is bread, bread is not bread with butter.

If you really don't care, you wouldn't be responding.
Someone who doesn't have a shred of self-respect.
You're still not getting the point. It's not me agreeing or disagreeing with whether sex should be done with love, it's the idea that 'sex is the ultimate act of love and dedication' could only be true if intercourse without love is not sex. Bread is bread, bread is not bread with butter.

If you really don't care, you wouldn't be responding.

I get a freaking notification! And I don't play games pretending I ignore people, I don't-I'm freaking easy to talk to.
Again, for me sex shouldn't be done unless there is love involved. It's an opinion NOT a definition. Ok my exprimation was crap, happy now?
Just leave it already. Let's agree to disagree.
Original post by SiminaM
I get a freaking notification! And I don't play games pretending I ignore people, I don't-I'm freaking easy to talk to.
Again, for me sex shouldn't be done unless there is love involved. It's an opinion NOT a definition. Ok my exprimation was crap, happy now?
Just leave it already. Let's agree to disagree.

That's better. Now that's an opinion.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Woman who has sex with loads of people- Slut
Guy who has sex with loads of people- Stud

That logic

There is no double standard. The male equivalent is the basement dwelling virgin.
That's better. Now that's an opinion.

It was an opinion in the first place, shrinky :biggrin:
You just didn't get it.
Original post by SiminaM
It was an opinion in the first place, shrinky :biggrin:
You just didn't get it.

The way you phrased it made it illogical (unless in the first place you believed intercourse alone is not sex).
The way you phrased it made it illogical (unless in the first place you believed intercourse alone is not sex).

I said I DON'T SEE sex as ... but as...
I as in me, myself?
I retract my lawyer comment. You're too sloppy and jump to flawed conclusions.
Original post by lent6
Some 'sluts' do have to try. A confident stud never has to. :rolleyes:

Or, you're just being obtuse and wanting to aggravate the community :wink: dat ban
Original post by Philbert
No. I just don't particularly like it when people are targeted purely for their gender or anything else that they can't change.

It seems you have a chip on your shoulder, judging by your posts in this thread.

Every single time a man sleeps with a lot of women, he’s called a stud. But if a woman sleeps with a lot of men, she’s called a slut, and people think this is unfair… Nah. It’s completely fair, and I’ll tell you why, alright? ‘Cause it’s ****in’ easy to be a slut. It’s ****in’ hard to be a stud. To be a stud you have to be witty, charming, be well-dressed, have nice shoes, and a fake job. To be a slut you just have to be there. There are fat ugly sluts out there, there are no fat ugly studs.
Lol what on earth makes you think I have a chip on my shoulder? :rolleyes:
Original post by geoking
Every single time a man sleeps with a lot of women, he’s called a stud. But if a woman sleeps with a lot of men, she’s called a slut, and people think this is unfair… Nah. It’s completely fair, and I’ll tell you why, alright? ‘Cause it’s ****in’ easy to be a slut. It’s ****in’ hard to be a stud. To be a stud you have to be witty, charming, be well-dressed, have nice shoes, and a fake job. To be a slut you just have to be there. There are fat ugly sluts out there, there are no fat ugly studs.
Lol what on earth makes you think I have a chip on my shoulder? :rolleyes:

:laugh: Everything you've written in this thread, but especially that.

Latest