The Student Room Group

Cambridge Offer Holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NinjaPandaa
Ah ok that's weird, I wonder how many other people have offers at Queens'
That's good for your school getting two economists in :biggrin:

Ah different school to me, but our school did get two in actually :smile: What about you - do you know anyone already?
Reply 441
It's pretty obvious the people in the Facebook group aren't being serious. The satirical comments are actually making me laugh.

I did have a stalk of some of their pages and my judgement is that a lot of them seem to be pretty privileged, but that's just a simple observation and not discriminatory.
Original post by Aspire101
Ah different school to me, but our school did get two in actually :smile: What about you - do you know anyone already?

Nope don't know anyone else who's got into Cambridge this year, know a few for oxford though :smile:
Original post by Elcor
It's pretty obvious the people in the Facebook group aren't being serious. The satirical comments are actually making me laugh.

I did have a stalk of some of their pages and my judgement is that a lot of them seem to be pretty privileged, but that's just a simple observation and not discriminatory.

It's funny, they're making the jokes, but most of them are well off :lol:
Original post by heyitshelen
Really, how did you get an unconditional offer, that's amazing! Congrats! :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! It's not as impressive as it sounds lol, I already have my grades. But the lack of stress is amazing.
Original post by drowninginsound
No idea about parties and social life etc, but I got an offer from Fitz for NatSci too! My offer was A*A*AA though. :tongue: Well done, hopefully see you there! :biggrin:

Congrats on the offer! :wink: bit unfair cambridge have rewarded you for working harder than me and doing 4 a levels instead of 3 by giving you a harder offer! Have you seen the video on youtube of the Fitz accommodation? :smile: watch it, yea see you there :biggrin:
Original post by tom-physics
Congrats on the offer! :wink: bit unfair cambridge have rewarded you for working harder than me and doing 4 a levels instead of 3 by giving you a harder offer! Have you seen the video on youtube of the Fitz accommodation? :smile: watch it, yea see you there :biggrin:

You too! :biggrin: Haha, to be honest I don't really mind, at least they haven't specifically asked for an A* in Further Maths. An offer's an offer, I'll take whatever. :colondollar: Ooh, no I haven't, I'll take a look! Any ideas which options you might decide to take for NatSci?
Medicine at Christ's (unconditional due to gap year :P) still can't quite believe it! :smile:
Original post by Mini-Me
I've looked at the facebook group (not joined yet) and i'm slightly scared by all the dickish people in there. I was in a durham offer holder group last year and it was all a lot nicer... getting worried about the people at cambridge now :frown:

I think some people get very excited at the prospect of (almost) being at university (and fair enough to them), and so they start going a bit OTT with 'banter' on these groups and not really being their usual self.

In the flesh, almost everybody is really nice - and I can guarantee that regardless of the type of person you are, you'll find both a bunch of people like you that you can really get along with, and a bunch of people who aren't really like you but that you still enjoy hanging around with as well.
Original post by L'Evil Fish
It's funny, they're making the jokes, but most of them are well off :lol:

Original post by Elcor

Ooh, sounds like gossip. What's going on? Where is it?
Original post by camaieu
Don't worry - those sorts of groups are always full of ********s, who do represent a minority. The people are lovely, I promise.

I've been chatting with the people on there for a couple of hours, and they're lovely. :smile:

You too! :biggrin: Haha, to be honest I don't really mind, at least they haven't specifically asked for an A* in Further Maths. An offer's an offer, I'll take whatever. :colondollar: Ooh, no I haven't, I'll take a look! Any ideas which options you might decide to take for NatSci?

My friend who's doing BioNatSci at Magdalene was asked for a specific A* in FM, the poor bugger. Got straight A* in the end though :tongue:
Original post by tomfailinghelp
Ooh, sounds like gossip. What's going on? Where is it?

Someone posted about who's paying the fees through the trust fund and where can I keep my horses, and people are putting jokey comments about where they're keeping the servants and where to land the private jets. :tongue:
Original post by paradoxicalme
Someone posted about who's paying the fees through the trust fund and where can I keep my horses, and people are putting jokey comments about where they're keeping the servants and where to land the private jets. :tongue:

Ohh, they sound quite fun!

**** though, I haven't considered how I'm going to transport my 30 grouse-shooting guns and matching gilets...
Reply 454
If any unknown Theology offer holders happen to be scanning the internet...

Facebook group for us is here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1495508370696025/?fref=ts

Struggling on numbers since there's like none of us!
Original post by This Is My Swamp
Congratulations! You're not late- some won't get their letters til tomorrow! :P

Not heard about ANY FB groups yet :frown: it might be time for the socially apt among us to come out, haha.

Thanks! Well i suppose if there isnt one soon, ill have to do!
Original post by mollyh77
College: Pembroke
Subject: Natural sciences Physical
Conditions: A*A*AA
Is this a dream? So pleased!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I see you in the C3l6 thread all the time- well done!!! You very much deserve it :smile:

yea true :smile: I'm glad cambridge didn't want A* in further maths, takes some pressure off as it's so easy to make the stupid mistakes and lose it. So far I'm thinking maths, physics, computer science and materials. I think i must be one of the few who won't do chemistry. At the interviews it was pretty funny being given a chemistry interview when i don't do chem, i still don't know wtf an ionic lattice is lool. What options are you thinking?
Original post by Javalar12
Thanks! Well i suppose if there isnt one soon, ill have to do!

Sorry, just got up! There are a few groups now: a general university one and on that you can find various colleges' groups :smile:
Reply 459
Original post by gretschforever
Well done everyone. You can add me to the offers list as a proxy for our son
Caius
CompSci
IB 40, 776 at HL (achieved 42,777 - Nov sitting)
He interviewed in Sydney as we live in NZ - anyone else here from the Sydney interviews?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh sorry I'm not answering your question but are you also from NZ? I haven't met anyone else here who is kiwi ❤️ (even though I don't live there)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending