The Student Room Group

Four Days Left for the UCAS dread-line!!!!! I am freaking out

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Unbearable
It annoys me how much of a big deal everyone made of things like UCAS applications at College. So much unnecessary stress and really it is so easy to get in to a standard uni. Most give you an offer and then accept grades below what they have offered anyway and then offer clearing places on top of that..

Also pretty much this - unless you're applying to a top university then if you have all your information in then the Unis should give you an offer - its the grades they care most about.
Original post by DamnitIFailed
Haven't got mine away yet - Finishing touches to my PS tomorrow morning and off it goes hopefully :smile: Didn't send last years off to the last day, they say you should learn from your mistakes....lol.

same here!! oh you've applied once already, may I ask why your applying again?
also how long did you have to wait for your reference to be attached?
Original post by waifandwaiting
same here!! oh you've applied once already, may I ask why your applying again?
also how long did you have to wait for your reference to be attached?

Fell a grade short (3 marks!! :mad:) but anyway, its my own fault :rolleyes:

Reference takes very little time to attach, from what I can gather its just copy and pasting the reference in and adding some contact info. After that the school has to confirm it I think. If you're doing it through school you wont have to worry about any of that though.
Original post by DamnitIFailed
Fell a grade short (3 marks!! :mad:) but anyway, its my own fault :rolleyes:

Reference takes very little time to attach, from what I can gather its just copy and pasting the reference in and adding some contact info. After that the school has to confirm it I think. If you're doing it through school you wont have to worry about any of that though.

oh man what a nightmare!! feel sorry for you there :frown:
but dreading that happening to me, my chosen uni needs a BBC but ngl Ive flunked AS and got C's. my predicted grades therefore are all C's, do you reckon I still have a chance with that uni? just can't decipher how significant predicted grades actually are :/
Original post by waifandwaiting
oh man what a nightmare!! feel sorry for you there :frown:
but dreading that happening to me, my chosen uni needs a BBC but ngl Ive flunked AS and got C's. my predicted grades therefore are all C's, do you reckon I still have a chance with that uni? just can't decipher how significant predicted grades actually are :/

I have no idea how significant the predicted grades are to be honest! I ended up with 3 C's and a predicted Distinction at AS, however I had predicted grades of Distinction, BBB on my UCAS last year. Cant you ask your teachers to bump it up a grade? Mine were totally fine with it and it was well within my capabilities to get a B but a lack of revision (literally 3 days before exams) are what let me down.

I ended up with a Distinction Star, BCC and an alternate course offer :rolleyes:

Im not sure that it matters that much though - they really are more concerned about what you get not what you have, especially if there isnt much contest for the course.
(edited 9 years ago)
I don't understand why people leave this until the last minute.

I submitted mine in November, got all offers and am now stress free.
Original post by SuperSah
I don't understand why people leave this until the last minute.

I submitted mine in November, got all offers and am now stress free.

I couldn't do mine in November because I am an international student so my teacher said she won't give a reference till January. Also for us November is kinda the middle of the year, so that's another reason.
It honestly doesn't matter when you send it off as long as it is before the deadline. If uni's wanted you to apply really early then the deadline would be earlier.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by skd1996
It honestly doesn't matter when you send it off as long as it is before the deadline. If uni's wanted you to apply really early then the deadline would be earlier.

Haha Thanks :smile:
Hey everyone, how did you enter your retakes in on ucas? becauseI left last year its not letting me put my qualifaction date that I will receive the award in as aug 2015 :/ just wondered what to do
Which course are you applying for?
I'm also studying in cbse curriculum ..but live outside India....my teachers were very cooperative for my application...though applied as an individual.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by realunited
Which course are you applying for?
I'm also studying in cbse curriculum ..but live outside India....my teachers were very cooperative for my application...though applied as an individual.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am applying to psychology. You?
I was in ICSE till 10th but now I'm doing state. I had no issues applying because I'm applying through an agency. Did you already get your application in?
Original post by thefatduckTEEHEE
I am applying to psychology. You?
I was in ICSE till 10th but now I'm doing state. I had no issues applying because I'm applying through an agency. Did you already get your application in?

Business and management
I got a offer from Manchester :smile:Hoping to get from Lancaster
Why did u change to state ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Business and management
I got a offer from Manchester :smile:Hoping to get from Lancaster
Why did u change to state ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh wow that's wonderful! Congratulations. I'm slightly jealous because I wanted to go to Manchester so bad because Old Trafford of course but I didn't meet the requirements :/
State is a bit easier and they had the combination I liked. Hoping to get offers from Glasgow and Kent.
Oh wow that's wonderful! Congratulations. I'm slightly jealous because I wanted to go to Manchester so bad because Old Trafford of course but I didn't meet the requirements :/
State is a bit easier and they had the combination I liked. Hoping to get offers from Glasgow and Kent.

Hahahaha....im a red devil too!!! :biggrin:
I have to confess...visiting Old trafford was a big reason why i chose Manchester ...good city and uni too...but if i get from lancaster i will firm that.
What is your predicted %? Mine is 85%..hopefully i will get 80% above :rolleyes::tongue:.
Hahahaha....im a red devil too!!! :biggrin:
I have to confess...visiting Old trafford was a big reason why i chose Manchester ...good city and uni too...but if i get from lancaster i will firm that.
What is your predicted %? Mine is 85%..hopefully i will get 80% above :rolleyes::tongue:.

Well lucky you! Ikr I was just drawn to their university but I had to resort to Aberdeen :/ really? I've heard Lancaster is great so good luck :smile:
I have absolutely no idea I didn't ask my teacher I probably should but I'm guessing she predicted above 90% because I got 87% in 11th grade. When did you apply though? And how many days did they take to reply?
Well lucky you! Ikr I was just drawn to their university but I had to resort to Aberdeen :/ really? I've heard Lancaster is great so good luck :smile:
I have absolutely no idea I didn't ask my teacher I probably should but I'm guessing she predicted above 90% because I got 87% in 11th grade. When did you apply though? And how many days did they take to reply?

Wow those are high marks! how did u not meet manchester's requirement?
Manchester took a less than a week to reply..they are very fast.
Wow those are high marks! how did u not meet manchester's requirement?
Manchester took a less than a week to reply..they are very fast.

Yeah but I don't have the science and math requirement and also I specifically wanted to do cognitive neuroscience and psychology with a professional placement but they needed math and chem in 11th and 12th but I only did math and science till 10th grade.
Reply 38
Sadly i will miss the deadline :frown: I don't blame my tutor for not writing my reference. Looks like BTEC Music next year... at the age of 20 :sigh:
Original post by O.Ozz
Sadly i will miss the deadline :frown: I don't blame my tutor for not writing my reference. Looks like BTEC Music next year... at the age of 20 :sigh:

Oh damn I am really sorry to hear that. Your tutor is an ******* no offence. You can still apply through UCAS extra or clearing. Good luck :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending