The Student Room Group

Can't stop thinking about him....

Okay here goes...I'm in Year 12 (resitting) and there's this really cute guy in the year above me (technically my age). I have seen him around since September but I have never really been aware of his presence till late November and now I keep seeing him everywhere.

I really want to get to know him as a friend because he looks like someone who would have similar interests to me. I know you can't really tell by their looks but I do know he does similar subjects to me. I haven't had the guts to speak to him because I don't have a reason or excuse to do so which is REALLY annoying.

I keep looking out for opportunities but they never come. It would look weird if I just randomly go up to him and say hi. I would be a bit freaked out if some random guy appeared out of nowhere and starts talking as if we were besties!

I have only just recently found out his name and heard his voice for the first time. He sat next to the table next to mine in the library and I almost puked because I was so stressed out. Some of my friends were with me and they told me that I was bright red in the face the whole time and I couldn't concentrate on my Chemistry work. It was horrible - and I keep thinking about him all the time! It has reached a point where I have to come to TSR to vent it out and hopefully get some advice on how to deal with this?

Thank you ever so much!
(I hope he isn't a regular TSR member :afraid:)
Reply 1
Haha don't worry, even if he's a regular he won't recognise you from your post :wink:

Do you have any friends in common? If he is ever chatting to someone you know you could join them and get in that way. I guess look for the situation, like in the library, and pounce with some relevant chat or ask him for some he'll with something. You probably blushed a bit, but mates always like to exaggerate in those kinds of situations so don't worry too much about that
Reply 2
Original post by CakeMix
Haha don't worry, even if he's a regular he won't recognise you from your post :wink:

Do you have any friends in common? If he is ever chatting to someone you know you could join them and get in that way. I guess look for the situation, like in the library, and pounce with some relevant chat or ask him for some he'll with something. You probably blushed a bit, but mates always like to exaggerate in those kinds of situations so don't worry too much about that

Yes I have tried the friend thing already. One of my friends know one of his friends but he's hardly around so there's no point there. Also I think some of his mates are suspicious of me because I unconsciously stare at him. :blush: It's really hard not to, especially at lunch, and he's right in front of me and I keep thinking of possible scenarios of me and him.

:ashamed2:
Original post by Anonymous

I am he.
Now puke.
Reply 4
Yes I have tried the friend thing already. One of my friends know one of his friends but he's hardly around so there's no point there. Also I think some of his mates are suspicious of me because I unconsciously stare at him. :blush: It's really hard not to, especially at lunch, and he's right in front of me and I keep thinking of possible scenarios of me and him.

:ashamed2:

Do you ever bake and take stuff to school? You could make a big batch of cookies or cupcakes and dish them around! At lunch you could go over to offer them round the table, it will require guts but he'd definitely remember you
Reply 5
Original post by CakeMix
Do you ever bake and take stuff to school? You could make a big batch of cookies or cupcakes and dish them around! At lunch you could go over to offer them round the table, it will require guts but he'd definitely remember you

I'm not THAT generous enough to willingly distribute food to a bunch of strangers I probably won't even remember. :biggrin: I can't bake very well either...this is hopeless!

I will probably resort to this if nothing happens in the next three months so thank you for sharing this idea!
Reply 6
U said u guys do similar subjects, right? Maybe he revises in ur school library or something. Maybe sit on the next table, pretend to revise. Pretend to be annoyed that u forgot ur pen or calculator or whatever. Ask him for his, and just be like 'this is actually driving me crazy'. Essentially just do small talk. It will get you somewhere, believe me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
This is ADORABLE. When you see him just start a convo about something random but relevant to the situation. If that makes sense. :s-smilie:
Reply 8
Original post by misha_k
U said u guys do similar subjects, right? Maybe he revises in ur school library or something. Maybe sit on the next table, pretend to revise. Pretend to be annoyed that u forgot ur pen or calculator or whatever. Ask him for his, and just be like 'this is actually driving me crazy'. Essentially just do small talk. It will get you somewhere, believe me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Totesss agree! :smile:
Okay here goes...I'm in Year 12 (resitting) and there's this really cute guy in the year above me (technically my age). I have seen him around since September but I have never really been aware of his presence till late November and now I keep seeing him everywhere.

I really want to get to know him as a friend because he looks like someone who would have similar interests to me. I know you can't really tell by their looks but I do know he does similar subjects to me. I haven't had the guts to speak to him because I don't have a reason or excuse to do so which is REALLY annoying.

I keep looking out for opportunities but they never come. It would look weird if I just randomly go up to him and say hi. I would be a bit freaked out if some random guy appeared out of nowhere and starts talking as if we were besties!

I have only just recently found out his name and heard his voice for the first time. He sat next to the table next to mine in the library and I almost puked because I was so stressed out. Some of my friends were with me and they told me that I was bright red in the face the whole time and I couldn't concentrate on my Chemistry work. It was horrible - and I keep thinking about him all the time! It has reached a point where I have to come to TSR to vent it out and hopefully get some advice on how to deal with this?

Thank you ever so much!

Gather a bit of courage and the next time you see him say something along the lines of " I see you all the time, and I dont even know you're name yet! Im ------ whats your name?"
Reply 10
Original post by Anayaaa
Totesss agree! :smile:

Why, thank you *tips hat* :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by misha_k
Why, thank you *tips hat* :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww. You're welcome :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest