The Student Room Group

Most girls secretly enjoy drama, and having something to complain to friends about.

They need to feel a wide range of emotions/feelings (hate, love, jealousy, disappointment, pride).

True or false?
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous Coward
They need to feel a wide range of emotions/feelings (hate, love, jealousy, disappointment, pride).

True or false?

Er, probably gets less true the older you get, as people get more mature and find more productive pleasures in life.
It's irritating.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You know us so well :moon:
Reply 4
Well wouldn't life be disappointing without it.....
Reply 5
:lol:
True 100%
Untrue for me.
It is true yes. If you listen to Taylor Swift's songs for example. "But I miss screaming and fighting and kissing in the rain, it's 2AM and I'm cursing your name". Women just love the make up and break up drama. That's why they go for bad boys.

Some would say that as they get older and get to sort of late 20s/early 30s they want the settled relationship with a nice no drama stable guy, but even then, I'd read blogs of women in their late 50s saying they find the sort of settled life just so boring, and enjoy the on-off drama relationships as they are exciting.

To be fair to women, it could be subconscious, and they may not know it. But yes, I think women love the drama and love telling their friends.
Reply 9
True 90%
The wrong part: NOT SO SECRETLY
I am confident that any girl saying otherwise is a liar or delusional. Put two strange women together and the first thing they do is they judge and compete with each other.
Ain't nobody got time for that.
Original post by Anonymous Coward

True or false?

As human beings, we all need something to do. We thrive on our egos because ego gives us a certain boost to carry on in life. Having drama in a girls life means she has something going on in her life that makes her feel special which she can use to communicate and keep a link with her friends. If there isn't anything going on, there's not much to talk about with their friends, life would be boring and the link with their friends will decrease. For example, why do you think when we separate from our school friends to go off to college for example, it's very hard to keep in touch with them even with phones and the internet? It's because these friends are no longer sharing dramas and everyday life together to keep them linked as they were before.
Nevertheless, there are a few girls who create more drama than others.
Yeah. Women love bitching.
We're not all the same. I hate drama and all the **** that comes with it.
I think its true with a lot of girls.

They like the attention they get from their friends when they are in a drama situation.

It's very different with guys. If a guy gets with a girl and the girl then doesn't text him back or whatever, his friends aren't going to give him any attention at all if he goes on about it, they will just tell him to forget about it or at the very least shut up about it. So there's no incentive to have drama as a guy.
Reply 15
Yes. I love drama as long as I'm not involved :colone:
Original post by OU Student
We're not all the same. I hate drama and all the **** that comes with it.

Same here. I can't find anything positive in drama. It's too stressful. I'm happy with a peaceful, pleasant life without conflict.

I know that some people are different, though. Men as well as women. The couple who live behind us, for example, have an argument pretty much every night, yet they're still together :dontknow:.
Original post by Kittiara
Same here. I can't find anything positive in drama. It's too stressful. I'm happy with a peaceful, pleasant life without conflict.

I find it pretty stressful too. I had a pretty stressful time in 2013 with a few people which wasn't fun at all.:frown: I've got enough going on with my life without adding more drama to it.
Original post by OU Student
I find it pretty stressful too. I had a pretty stressful time in 2013 with a few people which wasn't fun at all.:frown: I've got enough going on with my life without adding more drama to it.

Yep. I've had my share of drama - drama I didn't seek out - and I just wanted it to be over and done with and move on. I certainly didn't share it with friends, nor did I secretly enjoy it. Life's tricky enough without all that stuff.
Original post by Eboracum

Some would say that as they get older and get to sort of late 20s/early 30s they want the settled relationship with a nice no drama stable guy, but even then, I'd read blogs of women in their late 50s saying they find the sort of settled life just so boring, and enjoy the on-off drama relationships as they are exciting.

To be fair to women, it could be subconscious, and they may not know it. But yes, I think women love the drama and love telling their friends.

Oh definitely plenty of them do, the question is whether it's "most". I mean some girls have a lot of "drama", but it's because they're actually emotionally unstable in some way, not because they're intentionally creating it. I dunno if my sister likes creating drama, for example, but so many people seem to genuinely really piss her off.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending