The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonynous
MS haven't responded to me for nearly a month post interview. Interviewed on 19th Dec, can I expect a rejection.

Any last min advice for Barclays & HSBC interviews?

People have received rejections post 1st round - so keep some hope!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by welcometoib
Its just fir the std challenge. What division did you do last year, what was the int like etc, any news about the gs process is interesting :smile:

Sure. It was for securities. Very pleasant interview. Mostly competency based.
Original post by PhysicsLeopard
yep i did, got rejected straight afterwards - threw me a bit because i'm usually pretty good at numericals and got all the practice questions right...didn't think it went badly but it must have :tongue:

oh they told you automatically that you were rejected?...not after several days?
With DB's such small intake for spring, does this mean a much greater intake for summer than other banks? Just curious.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by B-Stacks
With DB's such small intake for spring, does this mean a much greater intake for summer than other banks? Just curious.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmmm. They run quite a lean bank I think. So for IBD they only take 20 for summer, compared to about 40 at GS/MS
I also think they tend to convert a lot more than other places
Original post by B-Stacks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Everyone on spring gets an interview for summer, and speaking to ppl who did both apparently its a very high conversion think 80+%
Original post by President M.E.
Everyone on spring gets an interview for summer

Majority of places are like that

Any last min advice for Barclays & HSBC interviews?

How did it go? Were both of them completely competency based?
Original post by Manuelle
How did it go? Were both of them completely competency based?

They're both during the upcoming week
Do you think it's worth applying to Barclays still? The deadline is the 31st January but I'm seeing people on here saying interviews have finished?
Original post by Lily_07
Do you think it's worth applying to Barclays still? The deadline is the 31st January but I'm seeing people on here saying interviews have finished?

yh thats what i was thinking...also is there any point in trying for CS? I still wanted to send CS off tmrw and Barclays too, but dont wanna waste my time if theres not any point...
Original post by Lily_07

Interviews have finished? Mines on wedneday so that can't be true. I'd say it's still worth the application. Good luck!
Reply 4432
anyone get any word from JPM yet? I had my interview last week and wondering if anyone has got any offers yet?
Interviews have finished? Mines on wedneday so that can't be true. I'd say it's still worth the application. Good luck!

For the first question on the application, 'Why have you chosen to apply to this particular role and why at Barclays?', do you go over the general area (business office or front office) or do you go into detail about a couple of the sub divisions of these areas (risk, finance, operations etc)?
Original post by Lily_07
For the first question on the application, 'Why have you chosen to apply to this particular role and why at Barclays?', do you go over the general area (business office or front office) or do you go into detail about a couple of the sub divisions of these areas (risk, finance, operations etc)?

Talk specifically about front office, given the SW is for FO roles.
Talk specifically about front office, given the SW is for FO roles.

You can do it for business office as well.
Anyone have their HSBC interview today? Any tips?
Original post by paradeplatz
Hi to everyone,
have been following the past 220 pages but now I feel ready to contribute to the discussions.
I received an offer of CS front office on friday, had my final round JPM for IBD and for MS on next tuesday...Feel free to ask any questions, happy to help the community.

That's great, congratulations! Could you please tell me a bit about your profile?
Original post by jonny101
Sure. It was for securities. Very pleasant interview. Mostly competency based.

Hi, I would greatly appreciate it if you could go into further detail about your Securities interview. Should I PM you?
Original post by ^ForTheDream^
Hi, I would greatly appreciate it if you could go into further detail about your Securities interview. Should I PM you?

^ForTheDream^ you don't sleep much do you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending