The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ImagineCats
A close family friend of mine did engineering at Swansea and is doing his masters in aeronautical engineering at Birmingham, then has a placement at Rolls Royce as an intern! Small world ahah
Yeah I was thinking chemistry for biomed, but I remembered I still can't balance equations and have no idea how to predict the outcomes of an experiment :tongue: I'm looking at Cardiff (Football fan family, plus I love the city but rarely go), East Anglia, Kent (close to home tehee), Sussex, Brighton or Liverpool :smile: Cardiff is probably my fav, but its AAB to get in for psychology which might be too high for me :frown:

My brother did a masters in mechanical engineering :smile: but is working at a pretty **** place atm but I think he's gonna move with his experience from his current place to get something better :smile:

Hmm, chemistry is not fully off my list it's just gonna be one of those "just in case" subjects or something, but I'll end up picking it I bet :tongue: Predicting outcomes of experiments also gets me! I hate it since I don't know every single colour of each element on the periodic table... Nice set of universities is all I can say :tongue: I really don't know much about them except from Liverpool is where my cousin did medicine. You want to be a psychologist I guess?
Original post by Trihawk7
My brother did a masters in mechanical engineering :smile: but is working at a pretty **** place atm but I think he's gonna move with his experience from his current place to get something better :smile:

Hmm, chemistry is not fully off my list it's just gonna be one of those "just in case" subjects or something, but I'll end up picking it I bet :tongue: Predicting outcomes of experiments also gets me! I hate it since I don't know every single colour of each element on the periodic table... Nice set of universities is all I can say :tongue: I really don't know much about them except from Liverpool is where my cousin did medicine. You want to be a psychologist I guess?

I know someone studying at Liverpool and they absolutely love it, but I'm not sure if I get homesickness and being at uni for the first time would be the worst time to find out! I'm going to Ecuador in 2016 for 2 weeks so hopefully that'll help me out I guess. Meh, I love the look of psychology and it looks fascinating, but apparently the a level is horrid but the degree is worth waiting for. Neuropsychology catches my interest, so who knows? :colondollar: A few of my friends have depression/suicidal and ask me for help/call me whenever they need to, so I do research about their problems and it's all so fascinating. I really hope the A level isn't too horrid! The money isn't too good, unlike engineering! :tongue:
I know someone studying at Liverpool and they absolutely love it, but I'm not sure if I get homesickness and being at uni for the first time would be the worst time to find out! I'm going to Ecuador in 2016 for 2 weeks so hopefully that'll help me out I guess. Meh, I love the look of psychology and it looks fascinating, but apparently the a level is horrid but the degree is worth waiting for. Neuropsychology catches my interest, so who knows? :colondollar: A few of my friends have depression/suicidal and ask me for help/call me whenever they need to, so I do research about their problems and it's all so fascinating. I really hope the A level isn't too horrid! The money isn't too good, unlike engineering! :tongue:

Homesick is very little compared to the future but whatever your choice :tongue:. Well you have a very long time until you have to choose your course so don't worry yet :tongue:. Good on you helping your friends :smile:. Meh, money in engineering, I think I would rather do something like CompSci and do something learnt with the computer languages like making aprogram or something then try make a living by doing that but hey, life changes :smile:
Homesick is very little compared to the future but whatever your choice :tongue:. Well you have a very long time until you have to choose your course so don't worry yet :tongue:. Good on you helping your friends :smile:. Meh, money in engineering, I think I would rather do something like CompSci and do something learnt with the computer languages like making aprogram or something then try make a living by doing that but hey, life changes :smile:

You could be the next Alan Turing! After watching that film I worked hard in my maths lesson for the first, and of course, the last time ever :tongue: CompSci would be so useful in modern-day society with technology moving so fast... argh I envy you!
You could be the next Alan Turing! After watching that film I worked hard in my maths lesson for the first, and of course, the last time ever :tongue: CompSci would be so useful in modern-day society with technology moving so fast... argh I envy you!

As much as I would love to do that, I think the main motivation in CompSci is money. I think I have more passion for engineering though as with everything there's always the really boring part of that subject... I really have to watch the imitation game, looks so good! but all my friends thought it was boring and I was wasn't going to go alone :frown:.
As much as I would love to do that, I think the main motivation in CompSci is money. I think I have more passion for engineering though as with everything there's always the really boring part of that subject... I really have to watch the imitation game, looks so good! but all my friends thought it was boring and I was wasn't going to go alone :frown:.

I used to want to go into law purely for the money, but I realized I hate English and didn't take history- plus essay writing isn't one of my strengths :s-smilie: Boring? Boring? Boring????? It deserves that BAFTA so so so much! I cried, laughed, gasped... ahh everything a good film does! Plus, saying it's boring is insulting the beautiful work of Turing himself! :tongue: I'd highly recommend you seeing it. And definitely move schools if those people are calling fantastic films like that 'boring' ahaha :biggrin::wink:
I used to want to go into law purely for the money, but I realized I hate English and didn't take history- plus essay writing isn't one of my strengths :s-smilie: Boring? Boring? Boring????? It deserves that BAFTA so so so much! I cried, laughed, gasped... ahh everything a good film does! Plus, saying it's boring is insulting the beautiful work of Turing himself! :tongue: I'd highly recommend you seeing it. And definitely move schools if those people are calling fantastic films like that 'boring' ahaha :biggrin::wink:

Well at least CompSci has some things that I enjoy such as maths :wink: compared to law where everything is essay which I hate... Think I'll watch it once it comes on netflix or whatever! I find the demise of Turing quite sad :cry2:. Hmm, good idea moving school for that reason! jk but still they all thought it was boring and I was like "what?, you gotta be joking" :emo:. Awk well I'll watch it when it comes out on a portable platform :smile:
Well at least CompSci has some things that I enjoy such as maths :wink: compared to law where everything is essay which I hate... Think I'll watch it once it comes on netflix or whatever! I find the demise of Turing quite sad :cry2:. Hmm, good idea moving school for that reason! jk but still they all thought it was boring and I was like "what?, you gotta be joking" :emo:. Awk well I'll watch it when it comes out on a portable platform :smile:

Have you seen Interstellar too? Probably the best film of 2014 tbh
Have you seen Interstellar too? Probably the best film of 2014 tbh

Hmm, no I haven't but it looks really good with just the front cover of a space man! I love learning about space so this will definitely be on list of to watch :biggrin: thanks :smile: What's it about?
Hmm, no I haven't but it looks really good with just the front cover of a space man! I love learning about space so this will definitely be on list of to watch :biggrin: thanks :smile: What's it about?

So you haven't seen the Imitation Game, or Interstellar? Yikes, which one of us needs a life?:wink: It's about Earth (I think, or some other planet) which is running out of resources for everyone to live so this aastronaut guy goes with Anne Hathaway on some cool-ass adventure through black holes and it's hella dramatic and Jesus Christ the tears, I cried so much! The acting is amazing. I love sci-fis and that has to be one of the top. Next to the controversial Avatar :colone:
So you haven't seen the Imitation Game, or Interstellar? Yikes, which one of us needs a life?:wink: It's about Earth (I think, or some other planet) which is running out of resources for everyone to live so this aastronaut guy goes with Anne Hathaway on some cool-ass adventure through black holes and it's hella dramatic and Jesus Christ the tears, I cried so much! The acting is amazing. I love sci-fis and that has to be one of the top. Next to the controversial Avatar :colone:

I do have a life! just a non cinema life by the sounds of it but I don't really keep up with new movies either so that has something to do with that problem... The only movie I plan on going to see this year is fast 7 that's how much I don't know of what films are coming out :tongue: And I don't exactly watch tv to see ads for them movies :frown: awk well... Think I'll have to watch it then :biggrin: I'VE SAW AVATAR, A MIRACLE, I HAVE SAW A MOVIE THAT YOU'VE SEEN!
I do have a life!

:colone:
Original post by usycool1

:colone:

Oi you shew, u aint no yr 11 :fuhrer:
I do have a life! just a non cinema life by the sounds of it but I don't really keep up with new movies either so that has something to do with that problem... The only movie I plan on going to see this year is fast 7 that's how much I don't know of what films are coming out :tongue: And I don't exactly watch tv to see ads for them movies :frown: awk well... Think I'll have to watch it then :biggrin: I'VE SAW AVATAR, A MIRACLE, I HAVE SAW A MOVIE THAT YOU'VE SEEN!

HORAAYY! :tongue: Loads of people hate Avatar, but it's probably my favorite film next to The Blind Side :smile:
Oi you shew, u aint no yr 11 :fuhrer:

Don't talk to me like that :hand:

And you should watch Interstellar. One of my favourite films of all time (although I prefer Inception tbh). There have been very overrated films too recently though...like Gravity and The Wolf of Wall Street. :indiff:

EDIT: Also, don't you lot have school tomorrow? :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
I really should get on with homework but TSR crasting...

HORAAYY! :tongue: Loads of people hate Avatar, but it's probably my favorite film next to The Blind Side :smile:

I didn't mind it tbh though it would be nowhere my favourites :smile: Idk what blind side is either :tongue:

And you should watch Interstellar. One of my favourite films of all time (although I prefer Inception tbh). There have been very overrated films too recently though...like Gravity and The Wolf of Wall Street. :indiff:

I would swear at you but you a mod :frown:

Lots of my friends say Inception is pretty boring :lol: The Wolf of Wall Street ain't bad tbh, I think it's because you're only seeing the sex and drug life but I did enjoy TWoWS... Don't ask how I got in :tongue:

EDIT: Also, don't you lot have school tomorrow? :tongue:

Sleep is for the WEAK! And I've never seen Inception, which I'm so ashamed about

I would swear at you but you a mod :frown:

Lots of my friends say Inception is pretty boring :lol: The Wolf of Wall Street ain't bad tbh, I think it's because you're only seeing the sex and drug life but I did enjoy TWoWS... Don't ask how I got in :tongue:

Ha. :sly:

Just goes to show the types of friends you have then...although knowing you, I ain't surprised :wink: It was too long for my liking with the same things happening, I was very bored towards the end. :s-smilie: And yeah, I was gonna say... :naughty:

Oh, and another overrated movie was the film Lucy IMO! The trailer looked so good (even if most of it is very pseudo-scientific) but I was so disappointed when I watched it. I genuinely preferred Let's be cops.
(edited 9 years ago)
I didn't mind it tbh though it would be nowhere my favourites :smile: Idk what blind side is either :tongue:

It's such a heart-warming story about a poor guy who's in school and has a rough upbringing but he's so kind and this rich family takes him in. It's based on a true story :smile:
Sleep is for the WEAK! And I've never seen Inception, which I'm so ashamed about

My sleeping pattern has been messed up since GCSEs, so I can't blame you lot for being up at this time. I always regretted it in the mornings though :tongue:

Inception is definitely worth a watch if you get the time IMO. :yep:

Latest