The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by J-s-R
I'm 6ft and personally think that's a bit to tall for a lad, I think 5ft 5 for a woman and about 5ft 10 for a bloke👌

OMG are u kidding me?!?! 6ft tall guy. ****. No offence to short guys out there, but that's ****ing hot as anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by misha_k
OMG are u kidding me?!?! 6ft tall guy. ****. No offence to short guys out there, but that's ****ing hot as anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agreed! Men who are 6ft or above should really be happy. Nothings more attractive than a guy who's tall.
as a girl pointed out to me before, the reason why i don't like high heels on girls is because im not tall :O
was shocked at this revelation :L
Original post by hman1994
as a girl pointed out to me before, the reason why i don't like high heels on girls is because im not tall :O
was shocked at this revelation :L

Lol wait a sec... so you don't like high heel on girls?

And btw dw, being short isn't a bad thing. I've seen so many tall girls with short guys. Its more about whether you two click or not. How tall are you anyway?
Original post by Graceful_Lawyer
Lol wait a sec... so you don't like high heel on girls?

And btw dw, being short isn't a bad thing. I've seen so many tall girls with short guys. Its more about whether you two click or not. How tall are you anyway?

nope never really liked heels on girls, always thought converse were hotter, im 5'7
I'm 5'4" which is exactly the average height in the UK for a woman.
My husband is 5'10" which is exactly the average height in the UK for a man.

So I guess my views on height are fairly average lol
Original post by hman1994
nope never really liked heels on girls, always thought converse were hotter, im 5'7

Oh okay lol. Your height isn't too short.
Reply 27
Original post by Graceful_Lawyer
Agreed! Men who are 6ft or above should really be happy. Nothings more attractive than a guy who's tall.

Ygm.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol haha yes I do. :biggrin:

btw how tall are you?
Reply 29
That's actually a really good height! This guy I was with was 6ft 3 n loads of hotels found him dench

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
*girls, not hotels

Typo failures :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by macromicro
I've never heard that one before - you must have a height fetish or something!

So a good-looking face or nice body isn't more attractive than simply being tall? Tom Cruise and Zac Efron must be very average to you. I'm 6'1" and the girls I meet care far more about face and physique than height.

Lool. I don't necessary look for a perfect looking guy with perfect features tbh, I'm fine with average features. That obviously doesn't mean I'd consider a ugly face attractive at first, maybe if I get to know the guy, there might be a chance. Lool Tom Cruise and Zac Efron are obviously handsome but I'd still choose someone whose taller. I don't know why that is. I just find tall men more attractive than a guy of average height with great body or face.
Reply 32
Original post by misha_k

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aha, take it you're into tall guys then:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fair enough, I've never heard that before and I'm pretty tall - that's definitely quite rare, and actually does sound like a genuine fetish. I care far more about the face than anything else, then physique, and height wouldn't come into it at all unless they were like 4' or 7'. If I mentioned Zac Efron around my female friends they'd go weak at the knees (I do myself, no homo). If I mentioned an average looking tall person, I doubt they'd acknowledge his name!

(obviously I am excluding personality out of all of this - physical only)

Okay. Tbh I don't even know what a fetish is. Most people do prefer face than height. However, I know some girls who care more for height. Zan Efron is obviously very handsome but its actually weird that I'd choose an average guy who's tall. 5'10-6'2 is a good height range but taller than that is a bit too tall.
Glad I slot in the sweetspot zone between 5'10 and 6'2, I'm 6'1 myself. Not likely to be criticised for being too tall(when you're over 6'2, you either look really big and heavy or overly skinny) and not in the short range where I would be declared a hobbit. In fact I'm slightly below 6'1(I'm 185cm last I checked about 2 weeks ago)
I've never heard that one before - you must have a height fetish or something!

So a good-looking face or nice body isn't more attractive than simply being tall? Tom Cruise and Zac Efron must be very average to you. I'm 6'1" and the girls I meet care far more about face and physique than height.

Haha no way! It's actually really common for girls to go for a taller guy, face and physique do matter I guess but so do personality <<< (this one especially) and height
I'm 6 foot 3 and people at school keep on trying to stand on their toes to show they're taller than me, it's annoying. But I can get things the other people can't get and hide things where the teacher can't see them :tongue:
Men under 6'3 are short
Yeah it's common for girls to like height in a man, but not to give it priority above everything else physically speaking. Girls like that I can only assume have a very submissive/stereotypically-feminine personality, and I noticed that Graceful_Lawyer said a couple of times how she likes to be small because it makes her feel "feminine" so that would make sense.

Let's put it this way: if you ask a guy whether they'd rather be good-looking and average height or tall but average looking, they will say the former. Those are the types who attract a lot of girls not average-lookers. Obviously it's best to have both worlds but there we go...

I agree with you but what I meant was that I don't look for a perfect guy, rather average looking. Of course, if a guy under average but tall, I won't consider him unless he has a great personality. But yes, in general terms, I do prefer average looking tall men over good looking average height men.

Btw what is wrong with being 'submissive/stereotypically feminine' personality? I mean I accept myself as I am, I don't want to be any shorter or tall. Just like men want to be more masculine, women want to be more feminine too and being short does make me feel feminine. This is not for attracting the other gender, rather according to me to be comfortable within.
(edited 9 years ago)
5ft to 5ft 1, kind of insecure about this sometimes :s-smilie:

Latest