The Student Room Group

Cambridge International Applicants 2015: WHY IS THE POST SO SLOW

Scroll to see replies

Any of the St. John's applicants heard anything yet? I'm applying for Physical NatSci.
Reply 61
It's 10am in the UK! Hopefully they are starting to send in the decisions!
Reply 62
come on mail...it's only a 12hr flight from here....
Original post by SkatyBoy
It's 10am in the UK! Hopefully they are starting to send in the decisions!

They are! Friend got offer :O UGH its 6pm here now and I really don't want to stay up but omg so nervous
Reply 64
Original post by nanceheh
They are! Friend got offer :O UGH its 6pm here now and I really don't want to stay up but omg so nervous

Which college? :redface:
Original post by Plenary
Which college? :redface:

Girton, pooled from Kings
Reply 66
Original post by violino
come on mail...it's only a 12hr flight from here....

The mail could have made a stopover, to catch some breath and visit some sights. :tongue:

I'll not hope for a mail till Friday, after which, if both mail and email decisions are not out yet: freak the hell out!
Reply 67
Original post by marsbms
I wrote to them on Thursday, they didn't quite reply, but someone sent me an email saying that she'll forward my email to the tutorial secretary, who will reply to me. Another person in the decision thread posted that they are sending mail to whom required it, starting from Today.

Thanks, I don't have much hope, but still ..
Good Luck to you too :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohh I see. I'll try emailing them tomorrow :tongue: But maybe it's just me but I would much rather find out from an actual letter and not an electronic copy of it.. I'm so ready for a rejection though

Hope you get a reply soon, and that it's one to smile about :wink:
Reply 68
I've called the Magdalene Admissions Office. It seems that we need to send an email, requesting if the outcome of the application could be made known through e-mail. However, they do not guarantee that such a request could be fulfilled.
Reply 69
Original post by the_fenestrator
Any of the St. John's applicants heard anything yet? I'm applying for Physical NatSci.

Hey, St John's here too! I applied for Chemical Engineering via Engineering, but I haven't heard anything. Did you request for an email? "Four working days" = torture.
Reply 70
I've called the Magdalene Admissions Office. It seems that we need to send an email, requesting if the outcome of the application could be made known through e-mail. However, they do not guarantee that such a request could be fulfilled.

Thanks for the info! So did you request for the decision via email?
Reply 71

wow thanks for the info! I thought they'll send me an email even without my request... silly me @@
I just send them a request hope they'll reply soon... when did yours come back?
(edited 9 years ago)
I actually just rang the magdalene admissions office as well. They said the same that sending decisions by email isn't their usual practice but we could email them requesting they do so. However, the lady also mentioned that they would respond only when they find time to because they are currently busy with the winter pool interviews...so I guess here's to another few days of waiting...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 73
Original post by Onlydabest
I actually just rang the magdalene admissions office as well. They said the same that sending decisions by email isn't their usual practice but we could email them requesting they do so. However, the lady also mentioned that they would respond only when they find time to because they are currently busy with the winter pool interviews...so I guess here's to another few days of waiting...

Why is everyone receiving their offers and we're still waiting T.T well maybe it'll be a rejection for me haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

for real...?!?
Original post by mookiko
for real...?!?

no kidding...i'm so desperate that i'm secretly hoping I was fished by another college instead so I would probably be able to hear earlier lol
Reply 76
no kidding...i'm so desperate that i'm secretly hoping I was fished by another college instead so I would probably be able to hear earlier lol

torture for us international students...
btw where are you guys from?:tongue: I'm from Hong Kong:smile:
I'm from Italy and I applied for CompSci at Robinson College. I haven't heard anything :frown: I don't understand why, in an email they said that their aim from overseas is to email them! I'M GETTING CRAZY
Reply 78

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hehe, aren't we all desperate! Anyone heard from other colleges? :P
Still waiting for a reply for St John's! Applied for engineering.
God the wait is torture.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending