The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

just have a quick question regarding the nomoura womens programme..is it too late to apply now even though there is still time- do all the places go early? also they ask to submit cv in word document so does that mean .doc or can you stick with pdf?
Reply 4441
CitiQuest interview.
Original post by CD315
CitiQuest interview.

Which division? And did they give you a numerical before inviting you to interview?
Well done and good luck :smile:
Reply 4443
Original post by SuDa2103
Which division? And did they give you a numerical before inviting you to interview?
Well done and good luck :smile:

Markets, and yes they did
Original post by CD315
CitiQuest interview.

Did they call as "No caller ID"?
Reply 4445
Original post by econorman

Yeah! Thought it was a PPI call so didn't speak when I answered - bit awkward at first :lol:
Original post by CD315
Yeah! Thought it was a PPI call so didn't speak when I answered - bit awkward at first :lol:

Okey, just got a call but I was in class..
Original post by econorman

Did you get a numerical test first?
Original post by cashmereshawl
just have a quick question regarding the nomoura womens programme..is it too late to apply now even though there is still time- do all the places go early? also they ask to submit cv in word document so does that mean .doc or can you stick with pdf?

Send off an app anyway, they can allocate on either women's or explore, I doubt they would be completely full. As for the word document, if they tell you its .doc then put it as that :wink:
Original post by CD315

**** I just got a call as well from a private number and I didn't answer it.
Original post by mikiu15
**** I just got a call as well from a private number and I didn't answer it.

Did you do a numerical test?
Original post by Wowzerss
Did you do a numerical test?

Yeah I did it in November.
Id value your opinion on my observation. Having read previous pages re. Citi SW, I've noted only mention of IBD candidates. To my knowledge, on the application you were required to select preferences.
Possibly, self included who selected S&T as first preference are yet to be notified. I applied November and have as yet not received an invite to Numerical tests? Value your opinion if you're in the same position.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone heard (or has heard apparent rumours from other sources) from J.P Morgan Investment Banking spring week recently? Offers? interview invites? Rejections?

Monk.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DavidMonk
Anyone heard (or has heard apparent rumours from other sources) from J.P Morgan Investment Banking spring week recently? Offers? interview invites? Rejections?

Monk.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Rejection
Original post by Razina17
Rejection

Post interview/pre interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Toda
Id value your opinion on my observation. Having read previous pages re. Citi SW, I've noted only mention of IBD candidates. To my knowledge, on the application you were required to select preferences.
Possibly, self included who selected S&T as first preference are yet to be notified. I applied November and have as yet not received an invite to Numerical tests? Value your opinion if you're in the same position.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same position for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4457
Original post by Toda

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm S&T and I have an interview..
Original post by DavidMonk
Post interview/pre interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pre interview
I received a lot of personal messages which concern the same topic and as I think it may help the others I'd like to post my reply here.

My profile: Second year (of 4 year BA) student at University of Zurich; currently doing an off-cycle IBD internship at a boutique with an excellent deal-flow in a specific sector; did a summer internship at a commodity trading firm, also a volunteering internship in a not that well known country. Besides studies, I also was in the board of a finance society, co-founded a commodity club. I also play a certain sport at a pretty competitive level. I speak 4 languages. My grades have been medicore, nothing special.

Interview with CS:

My first one was with a director of Sales&Trading, questions included:
-why do you want this spring week AT CS and not at GS?
-when did you have the most time pressure and and got the best output?
-how would you convince someone to invest their money with you?
-pitch me some U.S. equities which benefit from the falling oil price!
The last 10 mins (of 40) was just casual talk, about his role at CS, about the culture and so on...
Make sure that you have an excellent closing line, such as: "You just mentioned the entrepreneurial culture at CS, as I told you in my previous examples, I really love that entrepreneurial atmosphere and therefore I genuinely think that I match with CS' culture..."

Second interview was with an associate, he called pretty late and therefore the whole conversation was done in a hurry...as he didn't have that much with experience he just read the questions from his paper (as far as I assume) to check my skills. Nothing technical at all, just make sure that you read the financial press and know a story (for example a M&A deal, know about the industry, and so on...).

Interview with MS:

Mine was with an analyst, she was talking 50% in my native language and 50% English, was probably the best interview I've ever had because it felt like a conversation...She just asked me some questions like:
-would you prefer IBD or S&T?
-if IBD, what would be your favorite team?
-are you interested in IBD for the long term?
-if you could change one mistake you did in the past, which one would it be and what would you change?
In the end she was telling me to ask her questions, so be sure that you really listen to her introduction and ask specific questions about her path, division, industry team and so on.

Regarding general career advice for high school students, I only can say that you should be genuinely interested in IB and learn as much as you can. Maybe in the pre-crisis times the majority of the bankers were in because of the money to be earned. Nowadays, after the cuts in jobs, a lot of those extrinsic motivated people were let go. What I can say based on a decent amount of informal talks with junior and senior bankers, I can say that the most people are in banking for the long-shot, because they are passionate and because they just like to be competitive.

Latest

Trending

Trending