The Student Room Group

Is 6'5 a turn off for girls or a turn on?

Scroll to see replies

You're far too tall for me.
Original post by Ebony19
Tall and shy is hot.

Apparently there is hope for me yet.

So thank you for unintentionally improving my mood.:awesome:
Reply 22
Im 6ft so your height would legit be perfect
Original post by WilliamsQI
Apparently there is hope for me yet.

So thank you for unintentionally improving my mood.:awesome:

A pleasure!
When will guys realise the taller the better! You're blessed to be that tall as long as you're not lanky - you'll be fine!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Original post by tammie123
I'm 5 ft 2.5 and I prefer really tall guys but I don't know if they'd like me :colondollar:

Your height is hot

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Original post by Frodokins
When will guys realise the taller the better! You're blessed to be that tall as long as you're not lanky - you'll be fine!

Posted from TSR Mobile

By lanky what do you mean?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Original post by mully99
I'm pretty shy when it comes to flirting with girls because I feel as I am intimidating them with me being 6'5 and 95kg. Do you girls think its a turn off or not and have you got any tips for flirting?

Posted from TSR Mobile

bro, please tell me u play basketball?
I am 5 ft 3 and I would only really date someone who is between 5'9 and 6ft. I think it's not nice when you have a large height difference. I think anywhere between 6 to 9 inches is ideal. The highest heels a girl is ever going to wear is about 6 inches. So if the girl adds 6 inches to her height that would be roughly ideal height for a guy at minimum because then even with the 6 inch heels she will never be taller than him (which can look weird.) So I would only date you if I was 5'8 to 5'11.

I don't know why girls find really tall guys attractive. Yes they feel more protected but it's only going to work practically if the height difference is between 6 and 9 inches in my opinion. I kind of understand why guys like fairly small girls but again the height difference should be as stated above. Most guys I know like girls around the 5'3 mark and that's only 1 inch less than the average female height in the uk. The average height for a man in the uk is actually 5'9 so it's unrealistic when girls say they will only date someone over 6'2, but it's not unrealistic for guy to say they will only date someone 5'4 and below.

Of course this is all my opinion and height should not really matter if you genuinely like someone. I just wouldn't do anything I didn't feel was physically practical.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mully99
Your height is hot

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha thanks :colondollar: I like your height too, I hope other tall guys also like shorter girls
Turn off for me, it's a bit too tall.
Reply 31
Original post by Shakz
bro, please tell me u play basketball?

I used to 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
Original post by flutterby-x303
I am 5 ft 3 and I would only really date someone who is between 5'9 and 6ft. I think it's not nice when you have a large height difference. I think anywhere between 6 to 9 inches is ideal. The highest heels a girl is ever going to wear is about 6 inches. So if the girl adds 6 inches to her height that would be roughly ideal height for a guy at minimum because then even with the 6 inch heels she will never be taller than him (which can look weird.) So I would only date you if I was 5'8 to 5'11.

I don't know why girls find really tall guys attractive. Yes they feel more protected but it's only going to work practically if the height difference is between 6 and 9 inches in my opinion. I kind of understand why guys like fairly small girls but again the height difference should be as stated above. Most guys I know like girls around the 5'3 mark and that's only 1 inch less than the average female height in the uk. The average height for a man in the uk is actually 5'9 so it's unrealistic when girls say they will only date someone over 6'2, but it's not unrealistic for guy to say they will only date someone 5'4 and below.

Of course this is all my opinion and height should not really matter if you genuinely like someone. I just wouldn't do anything I didn't feel was physically practical.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did someone not help you grab the cookies from the top shelve or something 😂😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mully99
Did someone not help you grab the cookies from the top shelve or something 😂😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

No why? Haha

5'3 isn't unusually short.. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
6'5" is sorta perfect for a tall girl. Otherwise no.
I refer you to Peter Crouch's reported observation, although he is 6 foot 7. Something along the lines of 'what would you be if you weren't a footballer? A virgin'.
Original post by mully99
Your height is hot

Posted from TSR Mobile

Looool you're a hypocrite - you're sad that people judge you based on your height but you are on here doing just the same, you can now see where people are coming from, no?
Original post by mully99
Your opinion and a bit of exaggeration but okay.

You asked and she answered. You're clearly wayyyy too sensitive.

Original post by Ebony19
Tall and shy is hot.

Care to elaborate?
Not for me cos i like dwarfs
Original post by MeMoiLove
Care to elaborate?
I have a friend who is probably between 6' - 6'5. Now I'm small and we once went out for a few months. He is loud, his mannerisms are overbearing and he makes you feel slightly intimidated even though under it all he is a good guy. It totally turned me off for obvious reasons in fact occasionally I felt like is it not enough that you're ginormous? You could work at making me feel a little less intimated.

Now if he was the same height but with an entirely different personality so less overbearing and maybe a little self conscious and self aware and maybe even quiet then I'd want to mount that personality daily. I appreciate I'm making an assumption not every shy person is necessarily considerate but I think it's just the fact that they're more contained I like the idea of bringing him out of himself. Mmm hot.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending