The Student Room Group

Cambridge Medicine applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

So the Christs admission account says the medicine pool is finished. Does that mean all these candidates are now in contention for open offers?
Does anyone know how many open offers are given? x :erm:
Original post by The_Top_Hat
Just please don't cry sweet prince. We are all in the same dark and dank place. :frown:

It's hard you know :'''''''(
Original post by MelindaMedic
So the Christs admission account says the medicine pool is finished. Does that mean all these candidates are now in contention for open offers?
Does anyone know how many open offers are given? x :erm:

Tends to be about 5. The problem is no one knows how many people are competing for those places
Reply 803
Original post by TotalerReinfall
Tends to be about 5. The problem is no one knows how many people are competing for those places

I asked the The Christi's admissions representative if he/she knows how many people are in this position. I haven't got a reply yet.
Reply 804
Original post by a123a
I asked the The Christi's admissions representative if he/she knows how many people are in this position. I haven't got a reply yet.

So has no one pooled been rejected? Are we all in the open offer boat?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 805
Original post by Ros09
So has no one pooled been rejected? Are we all in the open offer boat?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I haven't heard of any medic who has been pooled being rejected. So I guess so.
Harsh blud
Am i the only one who still hasn't received their letter yet? Royal mail are taking the piss
Original post by ucasunderdog
Am i the only one who still hasn't received their letter yet? Royal mail are taking the piss

Nope, I'm still waiting as well :smile:
love the wait, love going insane it's a nice new experience
*sobs quietly*
Original post by thedutchchick
Nope, I'm still waiting as well :smile:
love the wait, love going insane it's a nice new experience
*sobs quietly*

I have a new found hatred towards postmen now :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 810
I got pooled and then fished by Murray Edwards- I have an interview with them tomorrow.

Only thing is- its an interview for deferred entry because apparently no spaces left for 2015 entry. Is there a chance that, if I actually get a pool offer, if someone doesnt get the grades I can ask them for 2015 entry?
Reply 811
Got an offer from Trinity Hall, anyone else for the same college?
Can imagine them at the open offer meeting drawing names out of a hat for banter
Rejected by King's :frown: international applicant btw. :s-smilie:
Reply 814
Original post by Jayloh123
Rejected by King's :frown: international applicant btw. :s-smilie:

Its ok. I'm international too. We just had to have it the hard way. Still awaiting my email though...
Original post by liass
I got pooled and then fished by Murray Edwards- I have an interview with them tomorrow.

Only thing is- its an interview for deferred entry because apparently no spaces left for 2015 entry. Is there a chance that, if I actually get a pool offer, if someone doesnt get the grades I can ask them for 2015 entry?

Is that for Murray Edwards or all the colleges?
Reply 816
Original post by Sketches
Is that for Murray Edwards or all the colleges?

For Murray Edwards. Haven't actually gotten a letter from my original college telling me what is going on
Via email request, Got offer for St John' subject to 3As in Maths/Chem/Bio

am international student - Bmat is 7.2/8.5/4A

best of luck to all still awaiting their outcome
Reply 818
What sort of offers have you guys got? I have got an offer from CATZ for A*A*A and was wondering what everyone else has been asked? :smile:
Original post by potatao
What sort of offers have you guys got? I have got an offer from CATZ for A*A*A and was wondering what everyone else has been asked? :smile:

A*(Chem)A*A(Bio/Maths) Churchill!

Quick Reply