The Student Room Group

Cambridge Offer Holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

College: Queens'
Subject: Mathematics
Conditions: A*A*A STEP II III 1 1
Original post by rubisco
Ahh sorry I'm not answering your question but are you also from NZ? I haven't met anyone else here who is kiwi ❤️ (even though I don't live there)

Our son has just got and met his offer - yes Kiwis - we get the feeling it's a small group?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by paradoxicalme

My friend who's doing BioNatSci at Magdalene was asked for a specific A* in FM, the poor bugger. Got straight A* in the end though :tongue:

That's a bit harsh, and for BioNatSci as well! I'm feeling lucky now... :colondollar:

Original post by tom-physics
yea true :smile: I'm glad cambridge didn't want A* in further maths, takes some pressure off as it's so easy to make the stupid mistakes and lose it. So far I'm thinking maths, physics, computer science and materials. I think i must be one of the few who won't do chemistry. At the interviews it was pretty funny being given a chemistry interview when i don't do chem, i still don't know wtf an ionic lattice is lool. What options are you thinking?

That sounds pretty cool, I'd like to try CompSci too but I have no experience in it and have too many options I'd like to do anyway. :tongue: That's weird to have a Chemistry interview, what kind of things did they get you to talk about? I'm thinking I'll probably do Phy, Chem and Materials, but I'd really like to do Earth Sciences too. :frown: There's too much choice, that's the problem!
I can't believe I'm posting here!

I've got an offer from Clare College for Veterinary Medicine, A*A*A. I'm over the moon!
Reply 464
Offer for Mathematics at Newnham.
A*A* in further maths and physics, AA in Additional further maths and Economics. S/1 in STEP II/III

S in Step, errr...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chemical Engineering via Natural Sciences
Homerton
:3 oh em gee
Original post by rruiliu
Offer for Mathematics at Newnham.
A*A* in further maths and physics, AA in Additional further maths and Economics. S/1 in STEP II/III

S in Step, errr...

Posted from TSR Mobile

That has got to be the hardest Maths offer I have ever seen you need an A* in Physics on top of another A in Additional Further Maths and Economics.You already have your A Level Maths I assume? and then they ask for 4 more mind blown:eek:You need an S in STEP II of course and you aren't applying to Trinity College.It blows my expectation that virtually everyone got offers of A*A*A11 out of the window-I fortunately got this offer and yet Emmanuel is 5th in the Tompkins Table one of the best colleges and Newnham isn't(I'm not sure for Maths though\)?Were there any strange circumstances that may led to this?
Reply 467
Offer from Jesus for Land Econ! :smile: I was literally crying when I got it :O
Original post by Javalar12
Bit late here, but I received an offer form Computer science at Pembroke!

Does anyone know if there is a Pembroke offer holders facebook group?

Congrats on your offer. Did you apply for CS with Math or with NatSci? I applied there as well but I am an international student and haven't got my reply yet.
Reply 469
Original post by Dalek1099
That has got to be the hardest Maths offer I have ever seen you need an A* in Physics on top of another A in Additional Further Maths and Economics.You already have your A Level Maths I assume? and then they ask for 4 more mind blown:eek:You need an S in STEP II of course and you aren't applying to Trinity College.It blows my expectation that virtually everyone got offers of A*A*A11 out of the window-I fortunately got this offer and yet Emmanuel is 5th in the Tompkins Table one of the best colleges and Newnham isn't(I'm not sure for Maths though\)?Were there any strange circumstances that may led to this?

I have no idea. I don't think Maths at Newhnam is particularly better than any other colleges. My first interview was disastrous and the second one went really well, so probably the first two interviewers didn't want me and the second two did. I'm guessing they have reached some sort of compromise?

Posted from TSR Mobile
congrats!
I'm also applying for Land Econ and still waiting for a decision, may I ask you your UMS average?
I just got an offer for PBS at Trinity Hall (41, with 776 at HL). Words cannot describe how happy I am!
Reply 472
St. John's offer for AMES
Retiring from TSR. It was nice being part :smile:
Reply 474
Just found out I was the only successful Oxbridgian in my school. It's bittersweet as there's no one to celebrate with. :frown:
Original post by Elcor
Just found out I was the only successful Oxbridgian in my school. It's bittersweet as there's no one to celebrate with. :frown:

Aw, don't worry, you have US! :biggrin:
Reply 476
Original post by Thorsas
Aw, don't worry, you have US! :biggrin:

That's true! :smile: Which course and college did you get an offer from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elcor
That's true! :smile: Which course and college did you get an offer from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Magdalene - Physical Natural Sciences
Reply 478
Original post by Thorsas
Magdalene - Physical Natural Sciences

Nice!
Original post by Elcor
Nice!

It was very "Nice" of them! ;P

Same to you of course congrats and all, hope you enjoy the course.

Just wondering, if you're an elcor, how have you developed the ability to convey feeling in your communication and relieve yourself of the need to prefix it with the intended emotion?

Quick Reply