The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Medical Applicants 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Master219
Not yet, they're sooooooo slow, its very frustrating!! wbu u heard from any of ur other unis?

Wait, wts the hold pile? never knew abt that...

Gd idea lol

Bsms next Wednesday
awaiting response from keele and barts
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by Futuremedic2096
Bsms next Wednesday

Solid. gd luck with ur BSMS interview!!
No they don't

Ouch...painful. This is the definition of torture :frown:
Solid. gd luck with ur BSMS interview!!

Thanks
Where else have you applied/ status of that place
Thanks
Where else have you applied/ status of that place

Kings (kcl), nothing yet... :/
From wt i can see, ukcat unis r prettyyy slow! (eventho they get the results of the entrance exam b4 bmat unis lol)
Kings (kcl), nothing yet... :/
From wt i can see, ukcat unis r prettyyy slow! (eventho they get the results of the entrance exam b4 bmat unis lol)

Lol I know they're less competent
Original post by ninetyeightfour
Ouch...painful. This is the definition of torture :frown:

Killer isn't it
If I haven't received anything about an interview yet, can I assume I've been rejected? :frown:
Original post by Zippyzazu
If I haven't received anything about an interview yet, can I assume I've been rejected? :frown:

I don't think you can assume that yet...still time.

What are your grades/bmat?
I don't think you can assume that yet...still time.

What are your grades/bmat?

11 A*s and 5 As at GCSE
4 As at AS

But my BMAT is probably my fall down at the moment, S1 4.4 S2 4.0 and S3 3.5A :frown:
11 A*s and 5 As at GCSE
4 As at AS

But my BMAT is probably my fall down at the moment, S1 4.4 S2 4.0 and S3 3.5A :frown:

I am no expert but suggest you look at the boundaries for the different bands last year for bmat. Your 4.0 may take you into band 3 and hopefully you will get an interview.

Hopefully, they are not doing bands or emphasis on bmat this year and you get the interview your other grades deserve :smile:
I am no expert but suggest you look at the boundaries for the different bands last year for bmat. Your 4.0 may take you into band 3 and hopefully you will get an interview.

Hopefully, they are not doing bands or emphasis on bmat this year and you get the interview your other grades deserve :smile:

Take a look at this to give you an idea of what happened in the previous years .....

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/a100_medicine_8

Do you have any idea where I can find the boundaries for the different bands please?

:frown: thank you but I feel so negative about Imperial at the moment...
Do you have any idea where I can find the boundaries for the different bands please?

End of January from last years thread ( this is when they stopped sending out interviews) but you have to email them and they'll only give it to you If you don't have an interview ( if I remember rightly)

I just did a quick search and came across this:

As such, Imperial have an absolute BMAT cut-off point, which changes slightly every year based on the performance of the year group. For 2013 entry, you needed 4.7 in section 1, 4.6 in section 2, and 2.5C in section 3. That translates to around 50% in each section.

It looks as if your BMAT scores in section 1 and 2 maybe on the low side :frown: .However, do remember it changes from year to year ...and this year may be lower...
Reply 715
45 minutes late
Took about half an hour

OMG same lol my interview on the 7th was delayed by 50 MINUTES. SOOO annoying cos I had calmed myself nicely and then the wait stressed me a bit again, and also I had planned my pissing schedule so the wait made me debate whether to frantically run to the toilet at the risk of missing my call to interview #stress
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Elshad
OMG same lol my interview on the 7th was delayed by 50 MINUTES. SOOO annoying cos I had calmed myself nicely and then the wait stressed me a bit again, and also I had planned my pissing schedule so the wait made me debate whether to frantically run to the toilet at the risk of missing my call to interview #stress

I did exactly the same
my wee break was a very much run there and back
Bsms next Wednesday

Woo also applied to Keele and Barts for Biomed.
Original post by Cosmocos
Woo also applied to Keele and Barts for Biomed.

Biomed at both?
Biomed at both?

nah just Barts for Biomed. Sorry for the confusion

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending