The Student Room Group

Disneyland Paris

I'm going there for 3 days in March and I've never been before so if anyone could tell me what attractions and things to check out while there that would be great :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Space Mountain!
Reply 2
Heard good things about Space Mountain! Also, I'm staying at the Davey Crockett ranch if anyone has stayed there before and has any reviews on it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
It was so good I went on it twice although this was 11 years ago now and I didn't stay in the park, it was just a day trip. The queue for Thunder Mountain was just too large. The park train going around the circumference was quite cool as well. Other than that I barely remember the attractions.
I just booked to go to Disneyland for my birthday this summer, I'm so excited!

I've never been before so can't help you much - sorry but on trip advisor Disneyland Paris has its own forum, not sure if you've already checked it out but if not it's well worth a look. So much information on there like answers to your question and lots more :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by NatashaLee
I just booked to go to Disneyland for my birthday this summer, I'm so excited!

I've never been before so can't help you much - sorry but on trip advisor Disneyland Paris has its own forum, not sure if you've already checked it out but if not it's well worth a look. So much information on there like answers to your question and lots more :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wooo! Go us, both going to Disneyland :tongue: hope you have a good time when you go :smile:
Original post by Spock's Socks
Wooo! Go us, both going to Disneyland :tongue: hope you have a good time when you go :smile:

Thank you! You too! :smile:

You'll have to let me know how it goes, and if you've got any good tips for restaurants or rides :smile:
I've been to Disney Paris like four times this past year, ask away =P
Reply 8
Original post by Jackieox
I've been to Disney Paris like four times this past year, ask away =P

We have a Disneyland expert here :tongue:
What hotel did you stay in and what attractions there are your favourite? Also, do you think 2 days is enough to see the park?
We have a Disneyland expert here :tongue:
What hotel did you stay in and what attractions there are your favourite? Also, do you think 2 days is enough to see the park?

The first time we stayed off site in one of the partner hotels then the last three times we stayed at the Santa Fe (Which is one of the disney hotels) because that worked out cheaper =)

Attractions well I love thunder mountain, Space Mountain and the rock and rollercoaster =)
I also meeting the characters

It honestly depends when you're going, if you're going over the weekend then it'll obviously be busier but yeah you could easily do a day in each park (Theres two, magic kingdom and the studios.) I'm going for two days at Christmas so i'd say you'll be fine.

Tips:

Do Crush's coaster first, the queue for that builds so quickly so get there at 10am as soon as the studios open

If you're watching Dreams (The light show on the castle) Seriously take my word on this when I say get there an hour and a half to two hours before the show starts to get a good spot.

With the parade the best place to be (Least crowds) is right at the top of main street (And you get to see mickey be lowered on his crane)

Also if a ride has a huge queue it might be worth fastpassing, since it's free =)

I'm going there for 3 days in March and I've never been before so if anyone could tell me what attractions and things to check out while there that would be great :smile:

Okay, Disneyland Paris is my second home so here are my tips.

'FastPass', use it! Seriously it'll save you time in the long run.
Aim to get on all these 'Big Thrill Rides', you won't regret it. Many people prefer Space Mountain but I'm a huge fan of Rock 'n' Roller and Indiana Jones :h:
Make sure you check out 'Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show'.

I don't know if you habe picked where you're staying but 'Sequoia Lodge' is fantastic likewise 'Disneyland Hotel' and 'Hotel New York'.

Seriously go and have fun on the thrill rides :colone: Best money you'll ever spend :tongue:
Reply 11
Original post by tehFrance
Okay, Disneyland Paris is my second home so here are my tips.

'FastPass', use it! Seriously it'll save you time in the long run.
Aim to get on all these 'Big Thrill Rides', you won't regret it. Many people prefer Space Mountain but I'm a huge fan of Rock 'n' Roller and Indiana Jones :h:
Make sure you check out 'Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show'.

I don't know if you habe picked where you're staying but 'Sequoia Lodge' is fantastic likewise 'Disneyland Hotel' and 'Hotel New York'.

Seriously go and have fun on the thrill rides :colone: Best money you'll ever spend :tongue:

Thanks for all your recommendations! I'm so excited to go :biggrin: I wish I could go for more than just 2 days but we're going to Bruges in Belgium. I'm staying in the Davy Crockett ranch cabins. Always wanted to stay in a log cabin :tongue:

How do I get a fastpass? Do I just get that at the park? Don't remember reading anything about that when I booked the hotel and tickets.

Thanks again :smile:
Thanks for all your recommendations! I'm so excited to go :biggrin: I wish I could go for more than just 2 days but we're going to Bruges in Belgium. I'm staying in the Davy Crockett ranch cabins. Always wanted to stay in a log cabin :tongue:

How do I get a fastpass? Do I just get that at the park? Don't remember reading anything about that when I booked the hotel and tickets.

In all honesty, for people our age, 2 days is enough as there are an awful lot more children's rides than adults so you can get it done in 2 days, it's the repeat rides that get you :colone:

FastPass is done at the machines near rides. You'll see them around the parc near rides with the FastPass option.

FastPass is so simple, basically near the enterance of the ride is a machine (It is clearly labeled so don't worry =P) and you just take your park ticket and insert it into the machine. It then gives you back your ticket and a piece of paper with a time on it, You then go away and do something else and when you reach the time on your ticket you go back to the ride and get in the fastpass queue =)
I'd recommend getting fastpass for Ratatouille as soon as you get into the park as early as possible. the queue for that builds so quickly and the fastpass is usually all gone by lunchtime. =)
Sorry for hijacking, OP I hope you don't mind me asking a question or 2?

Does anyone have any tips for which restaurants are good to eat in?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by NatashaLee
Sorry for hijacking, OP I hope you don't mind me asking a question or 2?

Does anyone have any tips for which restaurants are good to eat in?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Go ahead :smile: any advice or tips you get could benefit me too :tongue:

Have you booked to stay with a hotel in the park? Because I got the option to pre-pay for all my meals at the restaurants so I don't have to worry about paying for food when I'm there. Also booked in for the character breakfast :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've been to Disneyland Paris the last two years, both times during August, so it sure was busy! However, despite that I managed to go on every single ride I wanted to go on in just the first day! Including repeat rides of big thunder mountain, Indiana Jones and ratatouille.

I don't know what sort of group you're going as, but if you're all adults I'd really recommend using the single riders queue. It was so much quicker than the normal queue, and probably the fast pass queue as well to be honest. I don't think we ever waited more than about 20 minutes, and as it's a dark ride I didn't really mind being on my own.

My sneaky tip for the fast passes would be to wait for the earliest time on your fast pass ticket, and then go and get your fast pass for a different ride before going on to the ride you've been waiting for. Maximum efficiency there :biggrin:

Also, later in the day the queues for most rides drop dramatically. I managed several walk-ons for Big Thunder Mountain after about 9. Despite what others have said, I managed to get an okay view for Disney Dreams during both visits, despite only turning up about 15 minutes before the show was due to start. Sure, it wasn't the best spot you could get, but we could see the show fine and managed to get on tonnes of rides in those last few hours with almost no queues :biggrin:
Go ahead :smile: any advice or tips you get could benefit me too :tongue:

Have you booked to stay with a hotel in the park? Because I got the option to pre-pay for all my meals at the restaurants so I don't have to worry about paying for food when I'm there. Also booked in for the character breakfast :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!

And yeah I'm staying Santa Fe and I did look at the meal plans, and we are still considering it but I herd that with the vouchers (for the meal plans, not sure if you have something different) you can only choose from a set menu, and I'm a fairly picky eater and I don't like too many things so not sure if I'll like too much from the set menus if that's the case - Im still looking into it however

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
What is the food like at Disneyland? Is it quite diverse? As long as it tastes good I'm not too bothered :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
What is the food like at Disneyland? Is it quite diverse? As long as it tastes good I'm not too bothered :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It depends where you eat =) The food at the Santa Fe hotel is really good =)
Cassey's corner isn't that nice
in the bakery I found the cookies to be a bit too crunchy
Cafe Mickey is nice =)

Mostly the restaurants are really good and the little snacky places aren't as good.

TIP: for dinner go to the sports bar in Disney Village. It's the cheapest place to eat and it's good food =)

Also if you're planning on doing character dining (like cafe mickey or inventions) book ahead (this is a must) but book for half eight or later because then it's quieter and you get more character interaction

Quick Reply

Latest