The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL offer holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gospongebobgo
That's me! I got my offer a few days ago, what about you?

History! got mine pretty early actually, super excited :smile:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 401
btw does anybody know if you have to opt for catering if you stay in a catered hall. I want to stay in ramsay or astor but I don't want catering :smile:

anyone knows about this?
Hey! Does anyone know about the price range of meals in London? I'm trying to decide on whether it's cheaper to stay in a catered hall, since I don't really cook.
Tho I'm a bit late to see this post, but yeh got an offer earlier in October for urban planning!😉 gonna put it as my firm choice, so perhaps would see you guys later on in September!😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just received an offer from UCL for Anth and Arch! :biggrin:
Reply 405
Still haven't got economics offer :frown: sent 20th October
Reply 406
Original post by Vasudha07
Just received an offer from UCL for Anth and Arch! :biggrin:

Congrats :wink:
Original post by perphation
Hey! Does anyone know about the price range of meals in London? I'm trying to decide on whether it's cheaper to stay in a catered hall, since I don't really cook.

I live in the suburbs of London, from my experience of central London there's a lot of choice for food, as well as a range of supermarkets like Tesco and Sainsburys. You usually get good deals if you have loyalty cards for these supermarkets too.

Around UCL there's a ton of fast food places like McDonald's and kebab places (not that I'd recommend eating there all year round). Meals range from £3-£8.

If you don't cook I say go with catered halls, otherwise it wouldn't be expensive to stockpile some groceries and make yourself meals and have the odd takeaway every week or so.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jblyth02
Hey!
Is anyone else got an offer for History? I got an offer for AAA! but I'd like to find other Historians >.< Also what halls is everyone thinking of ? is there anyway to know what each hall is like?

I'm still waiting for my history offer! I can't deal with the waiting though!

Well done on your offer!
Reply 409
I got an offer a few days ago for History at the SSEES.. basically European, mainly Eastern, and Russian History.

Well done y'all.
hi I have an offer for psychology and language sciences and I was wondering if anyone was going for the offer holders open day on 28 jan? :smile: not sure if it's just for my course but yeah
Original post by muna88
Still haven't got economics offer :frown: sent 20th October

:s-smilie: me neither. i even applied for both straight Econs and econ&stats. should i email them and ask? :confused:
Reply 412
Hi, I am a French student with a 19,4/20 predicted grade (the equivalent of an A*A*A* I guess). I applied for the mathematics with economics course on the 10th of December but haven't heard from UCL yet. Did anyone get an offer for this course, or even for a straight mathematics degree? I'm getting nervous
Original post by samu16
Hi, I am a French student with a 19,4/20 predicted grade (the equivalent of an A*A*A* I guess). I applied for the mathematics with economics course on the 10th of December but haven't heard from UCL yet. Did anyone get an offer for this course, or even for a straight mathematics degree? I'm getting nervous

I' m a French student and I got an offer for economics last week! I applied on the 5th of november so don't worry, your offer will come very soon! Are you doing Es or S?
Original post by than4711
:s-smilie: me neither. i even applied for both straight Econs and econ&stats. should i email them and ask? :confused:

They normally send offers after the ucas deadline on the 15 th of January so don't worry!
Original post by muna88
Congrats :wink:

Thank you. ^_^

What have you applied for?
Original post by hopelessching
hi I have an offer for psychology and language sciences and I was wondering if anyone was going for the offer holders open day on 28 jan? :smile: not sure if it's just for my course but yeah

Hey I got an offer for Linguistics (same department) :smile: where did you see the info about the offer holders open day?
Original post by ockwills
I'm still waiting for my history offer! I can't deal with the waiting though!

Well done on your offer!

Thank you!!

The waiting is the worst part, I got mine early bc i applied early i think, but don't panic everywhere is late this year :c
where are you looking to stay in accomodation?
Reply 418
hey i got a UCL offer for linguistics and they invited me to the open day on the 9th of Feb i can't go though cause i live overseas ):
Original post by SarahLund
Hey I got an offer for Linguistics (same department) :smile: where did you see the info about the offer holders open day?
Original post by srdesg
hey i got a UCL offer for linguistics and they invited me to the open day on the 9th of Feb i can't go though cause i live overseas ):

oh that's a shame, where are you from? Do you think you'll make UCL your firm too? :smile:

I haven't had an invitation but I'm still waiting for the actual letter to arrive in the post. Hopefully it arrives in the next couple of days..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending