The Student Room Group

Is this a sign that she is interested?

So met this girl at our university library.
Started talking to her on whats app. Twice I did not reply, and ended the conversation in the middle of something.

I am the only person who uses whats app with her, as she is never on it.
But when I end the conversation she will come online and check to see if I have replied. She did this twice yesterday. Checked at 13:36, and then on 15:25.

I know 100% I am the only person she talks to on whatsapp.

When she texts me first, she will start the conversation at a certain time, such as bang on the hour or half hour.

So do you think she has some sort of interest in me. This girl gets lots of attention from other guys. So thats why I am playing this game.

she has not been on whats app, since
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am not trying to manipulate her, but I am mostly curious, as no other girl has ever done this to me.
Talk to her in person.
Reply 3
Original post by shawn_o1
Talk to her in person.

what should I say?
Original post by apple1992
what should I say?

I'm having a similar problem at the moment as well. It's difficult to read a person by using Whatsapp. I would suggest to meet up with her or ask her out on a date.

Concerning what to say, just start with a new converstation opener, ask her how her day was. It will show that you care and want to get to know her better.

In my siutation, I'm not sure whether the girl I'm talking to has lost intrest. It is difficult to read and in sense it is out of your hands, you just need to keep in contact for now and see what happens!
what should I say?

I've noticed you noticing me on whatsapp, and I just wanted to put you on notice that I've noticed?

On the serious note, just ask her out for lunch or dinner or something, simples!
Reply 6
Original post by ,,,,
I've noticed you noticing me on whatsapp, and I just wanted to put you on notice that I've noticed?

On the serious note, just ask her out for lunch or dinner or something, simples!

okay funny, but do you think she has some level of interest.
okay funny, but do you think she has some level of interest.

If you're pretty sure she's using whatsapp just for you, that must mean something? If you're 100% that is, that she's checking her whatsapp to see if you've seen her messages then she's clearly waiting for a reply of some sorts. I'd think she's interested in my opinion. Go for it!
Reply 8
The question is are you interested in her? Because if yes, she might be getting the wrong message from you, considering you ignored her twice and that's not nice :biggrin: Also, you mentioned she gets lots of attention from other boys, so maybe she is chatting with one of them also on whatsapp? How can you know for 100% you're the only one?:biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by shawn_o1
Talk to her in person.

^This. /Endofthread
Reply 10
Original post by macromicro
a) you are not her only whatsapp contact if she gets lots of attention, regardless how much you want to flatter yourself.

b) you sound like a psychopath.

I am 100% sure. The last time she was online was Christmas eve.
Reply 11
Original post by Radville
The question is are you interested in her? Because if yes, she might be getting the wrong message from you, considering you ignored her twice and that's not nice :biggrin: Also, you mentioned she gets lots of attention from other boys, so maybe she is chatting with one of them also on whatsapp? How can you know for 100% you're the only one?:biggrin:

Yes some good points. But before yesterday, the last time she was on was Christmas eve.
So I am 100% sure.
She has not been online since the last check.

Yes i am interested
Reply 12
Original post by emilyb96
^This. /Endofthread

what can I say tho. I am naturally shy. and rejection is my biggest fear.
Hahaha haha wow. Just wow. You've created a fantasy out of nothing. Hahahaha. There is nothing there at all mate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by ,,,,
If you're pretty sure she's using whatsapp just for you, that must mean something? If you're 100% that is, that she's checking her whatsapp to see if you've seen her messages then she's clearly waiting for a reply of some sorts. I'd think she's interested in my opinion. Go for it!

since the second check she has not been online.
And before that is was chritmas eve last time she was online,
Reply 15
Original post by Illegal Algebra
Hahaha haha wow. Just wow. You've created a fantasy out of nothing. Hahahaha. There is nothing there at all mate.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Could you explain mate.
I was just think that she might have some interest in me. as she checked twice to see if i replied.
Yes some good points. But before yesterday, the last time she was on was Christmas eve.
So I am 100% sure.
She has not been online since the last check.

Yes i am interested

Well, then what are you waiting for, just ask her out :biggrin:
Probably...obviously it's different for some people. For me, even if it was just a friend, I still might check to see if they've been online, especially they just haven't replied midway through a conversation. You've just met, so it's probable that she's interested in getting to know you anyway. Go ahead, ask her out
Reply 18
Why would she need to go on whatsapp to check if you have messaged her? You get a notification, no different to a text message, snapchat, etc. The chances of a girl who has friends and lots of male attention of only having one whatsapp contact is slim to none. Stop playing games and talk to her, ask her out, be normal. Do you think a girl prefers a whatsapp stalker/psychopath/someone ignoring them or someone they can enjoy spending time with? Have you ever had a girlfriend before (srs)?

She might have one of them phones where sometimes notifications dont come through sometimes.
Reply 19
Those phones don't exist. You're digging yourself into a deeper and deeper fantasy.

No but sometimes on my iphone, I do not get a notification. E.g skype and whatsapp sometimes people reply and I have no clue.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending