The Student Room Group

Speech & Language Therapy 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nesca89
Ditto! But waiting for Man Met instead! I have my aunties funeral today, so it would be great if I got back home to some good news!

Did you get a response from Manchester then or are you still waiting for that as well? Xx
Original post by shropshirelass51
I applied to BCU at the end of September and didn't hear about interview until mid November. I was worried as someone on this forum was invited for interview before me, but about 10 days later, I too was invited for inteview. They have around 70 places and they said they have different interview events after Christmas, so I don't think anyone should give up hope!

Good luck all, I'm still waiting to hear too.

Thanks for that reassurance, it all helps. I just feel a bit panicky that they've overlooked me...thanks again!
Rang up Leeds and they said they're in the process of going through a applications now and if I haven't heard by the end of the week to give them a call.

DMU on the other hand just don't have a clue :frown:
Original post by JordanC55
Did you get a response from Manchester then or are you still waiting for that as well? Xx

I have had an interview in uni of Manchester and they said they will make all decisions on UCAS on 2nd March
Reply 1144
Original post by aderyn96
Ah okay that makes me feel better! :smile: but I think I'll email them just to make sure! when is/was your interview? :smile:

Yeah it is good to email them just in case. My interview is on the 18th February. Hope you hear back soon.
Original post by fran2195

Leeds replied to me the other day with a date for february and I also recieved that email, so they are probably working through it and sending out the interviews. I also have a date on that day at birmingham, i sent off my ucas late december

Fingers crossed I hear soon then, Im worried its bad news as I am checking my emails everyday. I suppose you run a risk when you don't apply through a college or university and my reference was from my manager with my retail work, which I guess may have set me back.

Aimee.
Original post by aimeen93
Fingers crossed I hear soon then, Im worried its bad news as I am checking my emails everyday. I suppose you run a risk when you don't apply through a college or university and my reference was from my manager with my retail work, which I guess may have set me back.

Aimee.

I didn't have a standard reference either, but still got offered an interview at BCU. However, they are now asking for an additional reference from the OU as I am currently doing a psychology module with them. I think it's because I took my degree ages ago and they want evidence of more recent study.
I didn't have a standard reference either, but still got offered an interview at BCU. However, they are now asking for an additional reference from the OU as I am currently doing a psychology module with them. I think it's because I took my degree ages ago and they want evidence of more recent study.

At least you got an interview then, how did you feel it went? I suppose If need be I could get a reference from my personal tutor from University. Theyre just hard to get in contact with but maybe that was because I emailed them over the christmas period.
anyone got an interview at uni of sheffield tomorrow?!:eek:
Original post by aimeen93
At least you got an interview then, how did you feel it went? I suppose If need be I could get a reference from my personal tutor from University. Theyre just hard to get in contact with but maybe that was because I emailed them over the christmas period.

I shouldn't worry, I think they are used to dealing with mature students. My interview was ok, though I did feel I waffled on a bit. They have asked for sight of my qualifications and an additional reference, before they hopefully make me an offer.
Reply 1150
Just got an conditional offer from City University London, so happy :smile: but they said they were interviewing and never did so I'm a little confused.. Has anyone heard anything from UEA?
Original post by saraheleanorxo
anyone got an interview at uni of sheffield tomorrow?!:eek:

Yep, I do! 1.30?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JordanC55
Rang up Leeds and they said they're in the process of going through a applications now and if I haven't heard by the end of the week to give them a call.

DMU on the other hand just don't have a clue :frown:

Fingers crossed for us then!!! Not all is lost yet!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Clivia
Yep, I do! 1.30?

Posted from TSR Mobile

mine is at 1! aghhh I'm nervous
Hi. I'm new to this, And I've read through some of your conversations and noticed some applied for BCU. I'm guessing this is for the undergraduate course too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Eeek, last minute panic! Does anyone have the link to the survey monkey think we had to do for Marjon? I'd completely forgotten about it! If you could give it to me you'd be a lifesaver :smile:
Original post by saraheleanorxo
mine is at 1! aghhh I'm nervous

Ah yes, of course, mine too - just got confused with the postgrad interview 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
I shouldn't worry, I think they are used to dealing with mature students. My interview was ok, though I did feel I waffled on a bit. They have asked for sight of my qualifications and an additional reference, before they hopefully make me an offer.

Im sure they will make you an offer once everything is in place. I am sure I will waffle too, one of my exam flaws.
Original post by Chloejaneedwards
Hi. I'm new to this, And I've read through some of your conversations and noticed some applied for BCU. I'm guessing this is for the undergraduate course too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Welcome! Quite a few of us in here have applied to Birmingham for the BSc. Some have already received offers, some are waiting to hear the result of interviews, some have interviews arranged and some are waiting to hear. How about you?
Good luck to everyone who has interviews today :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest