The Student Room Group

Cambridge Offer Holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
:lol: That's too much effort... People think I must do so much work, but I'm a lazy mother ****er. I just can't bring myself to do anything because I j think I know it anyway.

Hmmm... I suppose you have a point. I cba for mocks, because they don't mean anything. Before FP1 exam I hadn't looked at actual content since I did the past papers in holidays, although that should be an A,dont need high UMS in that lol. According to me

-lnx-2=0
Gives x = e^2 lol

Haven't done a Chem paper yet...mock for that is tomorrow, I did start one

Yeah, I'm probably the same way. I think I did a lot less revision than most people would expect for any of my exams. However, I anticipate my ability to get by on just being smart will instantly disappear at Cambridge, where most people will be way more intelligent than I, and hard work is what gets you the grades. 2.1 is the magic classification, so there's something to work hard for. I want to get into good habits right ASAP to be honest.

I do think that working hard and revising will be easier when the material is much more challenging though.

Original post by Elcor
Oh, you're one of those. :eek:

Nah, you can completely customise what your friends see. That doesn't mean that Facebook isn't an evil, information-mongering corporation though lol.

Yeah. Cba with my family adding me (my family + facebook = drama), and if I rejected them, they wouldn't be happy either. Also, I've just never cared enough.
Reply 521
Original post by Necrosyrtes
Yeah. Cba with my family adding me (my family + facebook = drama), and if I rejected them, they wouldn't be happy either. Also, I've just never cared enough.

Yeah drama is boring as hell.

I actually rejected my dad today haha :laugh:
Original post by newblood
Whats your offer? :smile:

A*A*A
Original post by tomfailinghelp
If there are any Philosophy offer-holders lurking come and join the thread, I don't know anyone else who has one! :frown: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=503648&page=39

Lmao same! The only offers I've heard about at my school are LJMU.

I'm kind of the same, except I only got my grades last year by relentless revision, so my failure to actually revise doesn't really bode well... uh oh.

History probably needs learning the facts though! Whereas science you can kind of blunder through if you have a bit of logic
Original post by Necrosyrtes
Yeah, I'm probably the same way. I think I did a lot less revision than most people would expect for any of my exams. However, I anticipate my ability to get by on just being smart will instantly disappear at Cambridge, where most people will be way more intelligent than I, and hard work is what gets you the grades. 2.1 is the magic classification, so there's something to work hard for. I want to get into good habits right ASAP to be honest.

I do think that working hard and revising will be easier when the material is much more challenging though.

Bleurgh yeah I need hard work to work for.
:lol: That's too much effort... People think I must do so much work, but I'm a lazy mother ****er. I just can't bring myself to do anything because I j think I know it anyway.

Hmmm... I suppose you have a point. I cba for mocks, because they don't mean anything. Before FP1 exam I hadn't looked at actual content since I did the past papers in holidays, although that should be an A,dont need high UMS in that lol. According to me

-lnx-2=0
Gives x = e^2 lol

Haven't done a Chem paper yet...mock for that is tomorrow, I did start one

Ive done worse.(well not maths but) in physics last year i said that this wave travelled faster then speed of light. LOL

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
Ive done worse.(well not maths but) in physics last year i said that this wave travelled faster then speed of light. LOL

Posted from TSR Mobile

People said that in my exam last year too lol

Or they had an ostrich running at speed of light
People said that in my exam last year too lol

Or they had an ostrich running at speed of light

Shows how out of practice I am at maths right now that I can't see why that's wrong 😂
Defs need to relearn everything before turning up in October if I don't wanna get laughed out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AmberW1997
Hey! I've been pooled to MEC for History - but honestly, after researching it I'm soooo happy. It looks really friendly, really good facilities and food/accommodation sound so much better than my previous preferred college :smile: Hopefully see you in March for the open days! P.S. Please make a facebook page!!

Hey Congratulations! I'm a girl waiting to hear where i've been fished, did you get an email from murray? I applied for history too, it sounds like newnham and murray have been emailing about history but I haven't heard from them.... i wonder if i got in there
Original post by Mini-Me
Shows how out of practice I am at maths right now that I can't see why that's wrong 😂
Defs need to relearn everything before turning up in October if I don't wanna get laughed out

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nothing is allowed to go faster than light :tongue:
Reply 528
Got a conditional offer today for AMES at Downing! :smile:
Track just updated...

Offer for Magdalene BioNatSci! :biggrin:
A*A*A*A with A* in bio and chem and either of fm or phys
Original post by Navo D.
Track just updated...

Woah, awesome. Bit steep ay
Woah, awesome. Bit steep ay

Yeah I suppose but while I was waiting for the last two days I kept telling myself "I don't care if they make my offer 5A*s I'll manage" so not going to complain now! That further maths A* tho :colondollar: Maybe cause I mentioned Maths B during interview...

Do you have mocks tomorrow as well?
Reply 532
Original post by Navo D.
Track just updated...

Amazing news!! :congrats:

Looks like we'll be having a coffee together in a quaint Cambridge café after all. :redface:
Hi guys! Any one got into Magdalene Law as well?
Original post by Navo D.
Yeah I suppose but while I was waiting for the last two days I kept telling myself "I don't care if they make my offer 5A*s I'll manage" so not going to complain now! That further maths A* tho :colondollar: Maybe cause I mentioned Maths B during interview...

Do you have mocks tomorrow as well?

Ah, Maths B :awesome: I j said maths... Although FM will be the A*, Physics probably the other. Although want the 3.

Yeah... :frown: Chemistry. And Wednesday is French and M2
Nothing is allowed to go faster than light :tongue:

Oh sorry I meant the natural log one, I quoted the wrong bit!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guess I can post on this thread now that I know what college I've been pooled to...
I'm a Bio NatSci and I got pooled to Newnham. I don't know what my offer is yet but I assume A*A*A... its coming in the post soon apparently.
Was kinda meh about the whole girls college thing but at least it's pretty and it looks a nice place in general. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I really expected more Trinity Maths people to be on here :frown:
Reply 538
Any Christ's Economists? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Wild Cat
I really expected more Trinity Maths people to be on here :frown:

Trinity Maths checking in!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending