The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

How hard is it to get an A*? I heard about the way it works in A2 being a bit weird.. Is it hard even if you get near full UMS in As?
Original post by Bude8
How hard is it to get an A*? I heard about the way it works in A2 being a bit weird.. Is it hard even if you get near full UMS in As?

basically you need 90% in A2 with an on-aggregate average of 80%
so you can get 70% in AS and 90% in A2 and that would be an A2

edit : I mean A* not A2 at the end
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by rachelc142
ohhh yeah true. Yeah, sometimes its easier just so teachers don't get all up in your grill :lol: :lol:

My History teacher is amazing - but ever since he told my Mum I was 'incredible' I've felt under pressure to get 100% - since that's the precedent I set with my Coursework :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll never see iced gems in the same way again.

Original post by Red Fox
I've probably said "Nah I got rejected" about 15 times today

I was helping my French teacher with her Y7 class this morning and she told them I had an offer. I had one girl singing congratulations to me. :confused:
Original post by O133
I'll never see iced gems in the same way again.

I was helping my French teacher with her Y7 class this morning and she told them I had an offer. I had one girl singing congratulations to me. :confused:

:lol:

The worst thing is when people say "It's Cambridge's loss", I hate the pity.

Original post by Bude8

90% in A2 and 80% overall (AS and A2 are equally weighted). So if you got 70% at AS or 100%, you'll still need 90% at A2 for an A*.
Original post by Red Fox

90% in A2 and 80% overall (AS and A2 are equally weighted). So if you got 70% at AS or 100%, you'll still need 90% at A2 for an A*.

:rofl:

Someone was rejected from Oxford, and a teacher emailed back it's Cambridge's loss :lol:
Original post by L'Evil Fish

Someone was rejected from Oxford, and a teacher emailed back it's Cambridge's loss :lol:

Lol my dad asked me about a week ago when I would hear back from Oxford:facepalm:

Accident or sly dig?
Original post by Red Fox
Lol my dad asked me about a week ago when I would hear back from Oxford:facepalm:

:lol: :lol: actually LOLed at this, like last year when my dad asked me why I've not been getting A*s in AS..................
:lol: :lol: actually LOLed at this, like last year when my dad asked me why I've not been getting A*s in AS..................

On results day my mum thought I was lying when I said A is the highest grade at AS:lol:
Part of me wants to get rejected, just so I can walk in with a sign around my neck that says 'No - it was my loss'.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Red Fox
On results day my mum thought I was lying when I said A is the highest grade at AS:lol:

parents make me laugh so much, bless them.
basically you need 90% in A2 with an on-aggregate average of 80%
so you can get 70% in AS and 90% in A2 and that would be an A2

edit : I mean A* not A2 at the end

Original post by Red Fox

A teacher emailed me:

Good lad their loss!
Bath has an excellent spa and shopping but that is probably not why you applied!

Is the 90% average hard? Also, I got 50% in paper one for my Maths which is just about a 5 :lol: I'll be getting paper 2 back tomorrow, not sure how I'll have done on that :colondollar:
Original post by Red Fox

Haha dw i had the A* comment last year
Original post by O133
Accident or sly dig?

Accident :lol:
Original post by Obiejess
Part of me wants to get rejected, just so I can walk in with a sign around my neck that says 'No - it was my loss'.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If I got rejected, life would be easier with regards to feelings and emotions

But now I have to deal with bleurgh
Original post by Bude8
A teacher emailed me:

Good lad their loss!
Bath has an excellent spa and shopping but that is probably not why you applied!

Is the 90% average hard? Also, I got 50% in paper one for my Maths which is just about a 5 :lol: I'll be getting paper 2 back tomorrow, not sure how I'll have done on that :colondollar:

it depends tbh, its not hard on Core maths I don't think, maybe a bit on stuff decision where you gain marks for sayin stupid stuff like "since no more pivots are needed this list is now in order" -____-
there was a guy in the year above me who dropped 6 ums in his M1 exam because he used 9.81 as g instead of 9.8

its harder on sciences because of wordy questions </3
Original post by Bude8
A teacher emailed me:

Good lad their loss!

90% can be quite hard if grade boundaries are high and mark schemes are picky but this varies with subject and exam board. In OCR Physics Unit 5 I think about low 80s/100 would probably be enough for full UMS but Chemistry is more like 95+.
Can't stop this procrastination!
I really need to revise. Someone tell me something to make me revise.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Obiejess
I really need to revise. Someone tell me something to make me revise.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm j gonna be blunt and harsh cos it'll probably work

You don't want a repeat of disappointment

Whether that be core science or AS French
I'm j gonna be blunt and harsh cos it'll probably work

You don't want a repeat of disappointment

Whether that be core science or AS French

Thank you.
It worked.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest