The Student Room Group

Should I take the tags off the clothing i bought her?

So I bought my girlfriend some lingerie today but I was wondering if I should remove the tags - I only ask n case she doesn't like them so if I need to take them back?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'd leave the tags but scratch out the price :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Robie96
I'd leave the tags but scratch out the price :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

But then she'd think they were cheap haha, which they weren't!
You seem like a nice boyfriend. Leave the tags on :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Afghan Warrior
You seem like a nice boyfriend. Leave the tags on :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You think so? I hope it doesn't come across as me trying to show off though which i'm conscious of
I'd take them off if they were cheap. Apparently I'm worth £5.:console:
Reply 6
Original post by MissLalaxx

Oh no! i'm sure you're worth at least £10 :wink: they were £15 each haha
Quality is obvious even without the price tag and especially with lingerie :smile:
Original post by JayDu
You think so? I hope it doesn't come across as me trying to show off though which i'm conscious of

It depends how open and comfortable you are with each other. Only you know what your girlfriend is like and how she may react to the price tags. I'm sure she won't think you're showing off, instead she'll be happy that you got her a gift

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
It's the thought that counts. Maybe it was a very expensive thought? :redface:
Original post by JayDu
Oh no! i'm sure you're worth at least £10 :wink: they were £15 each haha

Haha thanks.:smile: She's a lucky girl, don't think she'd mind if you left them on.
Normally the price on tags can be ripped off without the rest of the tag needing to be ripped off. Unless it is just one big tag with the price on. If the latter, does it have a secondary tag with a barcode?
Reply 12
Haha thanks.:smile: She's a lucky girl, don't think she'd mind if you left them on.

I hope she thinks so too, I do because i'm a lucky man! thanks for the help everyone I think i'll leave them on :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by SirMasterKey
Normally the price on tags can be ripped off without the rest of the tag needing to be ripped off. Unless it is just one big tag with the price on. If the latter, does it have a secondary tag with a barcode?

Only the one tag i'm afraid :O
Is the price right on the bottom of the tag with a jagged line above it?
Reply 15
Original post by SirMasterKey
Is the price right on the bottom of the tag with a jagged line above it?

Funny enough, yes, I can tear that and it leaves the barcode I think :smile:
Original post by JayDu
Funny enough, yes, I can tear that and it leaves the barcode I think :smile:

Indeed it should!
leave the tags but scratch the price, it wont look cheap it's the standard thing to do with clothes so they can be returned if they don't fit but you don't show the price which is impolite
Definitely leave the tags on.
Definitely leave the tags on, lingerie can be tricky and even if you got the size she usually wears they might not fit. So best to leave the tags on in case she needs to switch sizes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending