The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by spotify95
I've now just lost my Lotsobear posting privileges with no warning whatsoever! :frown:

Better check my Midnight12 account now!

Edit: The Midnight12 account seems to be unaffected. :smile:
Why don't we make Elaine W clean my toilet whenever I have had a rough stomach incident, as punishment for doing all of this to you and for not letting you keep your suing threads on there? :biggrin:

-11143. :tongue: :smile:
Original post by pinkteddyx64
Why don't we make Elaine W clean my toilet whenever I have had a rough stomach incident, as punishment for doing all of this to you and for not letting you keep your suing threads on there? :biggrin:

Yes, in fact I may even PM her about this! :biggrin:

Sent, to Elaine_W! :biggrin:

Sent, to Elaine_W! :biggrin:

Any response? :wink:

-11146. :rolleyes:
Any response? :wink:

-11146. :rolleyes:

Not yet but I'd be surprised if I didn't get banned for it! :biggrin: :wink:

As an aside, when I was in Leicester last Friday, I saw a nice looking JVC Hi-fi system in one of the charity shops. It was rated at 70W each speaker (my hi-fi is rated at 3W each speaker!) and had a proper FM tuner with AUX IN and an external antenna socket (my hi-fi has no AUX and a wire aerial that can't be removed) so it was a lot better than mine. It was only priced up at £25! Had I have enough time, I would have bought it.

Looked in the same shop today, to see if it was still there (if it was, I'd have definitely had it!) and unfortunately, it had gone.... :frown: Must have sold over the weekend!

I wish I'd actually bought it on the Friday, and asked to have it put by so that I could collect it today... damn! :mad: :sadnod:

Not yet but I'd be surprised if I didn't get banned for it! :biggrin: :wink:

As an aside, when I was in Leicester last Friday, I saw a nice looking JVC Hi-fi system in one of the charity shops. It was rated at 70W each speaker (my hi-fi is rated at 3W each speaker!) and had a proper FM tuner with AUX IN and an external antenna socket (my hi-fi has no AUX and a wire aerial that can't be removed) so it was a lot better than mine. It was only priced up at £25! Had I have enough time, I would have bought it.

Looked in the same shop today, to see if it was still there (if it was, I'd have definitely had it!) and unfortunately, it had gone.... :frown: Must have sold over the weekend!

I wish I'd actually bought it on the Friday, and asked to have it put by so that I could collect it today... damn! :mad: :sadnod:

I got my first ever Hi-Fi at Christmas 2001! :biggrin: If only I had an internet connection back then and had known about Digital Spy forums, then I would have bragged about my Hi-Fi, then bumped the thread 14 years later! :biggrin:

If I get the Hi-Fi out and it blows up when I try to use it, can I sue DS, DS Forum Support, Elaine W, Grace Slick, stupidwheelie and Radiogram for it?

-11148. :tongue:
I got my first ever Hi-Fi at Christmas 2001! :biggrin: If only I had an internet connection back then and had known about Digital Spy forums, then I would have bragged about my Hi-Fi, then bumped the thread 14 years later! :biggrin:

If I get the Hi-Fi out and it blows up when I try to use it, can I sue DS, DS Forum Support, Elaine W, Grace Slick, stupidwheelie and Radiogram for it?

-11148. :tongue:

Further, my current Hifi (probably from 2007?) won't play any of my CD-R's!!! CD-R's are a common thing nowadays and compatibility is essential... even a personal handheld CD player can play CD-Rs....In fact, even my downstairs CD Radio (that only cost £30 from Tesco) still plays CD-R's!

I wish I could have gone back in time...so I could have bought it! as at that price, that was an absolute steal!

Bumping that thread would have been a good idea... if you still had an account....

Yes you can sue those people!

I'll definitely have to have a look in the charity shops again... that was a gift, a JVC Hifi with 2x tape decks, 3 CD changer (including CDR's, after research on that model), AUX IN, optical audio out, 70W speakers, an FM radio with digital display (which is better for accurate tuning in of stations), including 30 preset channels, and external AM and FM aerials... all for £25! Should have got it....

As for my current hi-fi... well, the FM on it is ****, it can (just about!) hold onto a Capital FM signal, it can receive the locals.... but apart from that, it won't do a lot. Even my FM Alarm clock (which had a digital display) can tune in to FM better, and pick up more stations! I've had Kiss FM 107.7 and 106.4 from my house on that radio, yet my hi-fi often struggles to keep Capital 105.4 in stereo! (See my location description for where abouts I am)

Further, my current Hifi (probably from 2007?) won't play any of my CD-R's!!! CD-R's are a common thing nowadays and compatibility is essential... even a personal handheld CD player can play CD-Rs....In fact, even my downstairs CD Radio (that only cost £30 from Tesco) still plays CD-R's!

I wish I could have gone back in time...so I could have bought it! as at that price, that was an absolute steal!

Bumping that thread would have been a good idea... if you still had an account....

Yes you can sue those people!

I'll definitely have to have a look in the charity shops again... that was a gift, a JVC Hifi with 2x tape decks, 3 CD changer (including CDR's, after research on that model), AUX IN, optical audio out, 70W speakers, an FM radio with digital display (which is better for accurate tuning in of stations), including 30 preset channels, and external AM and FM aerials... all for £25! Should have got it....

As for my current hi-fi... well, the FM on it is ****, it can (just about!) hold onto a Capital FM signal, it can receive the locals.... but apart from that, it won't do a lot. Even my FM Alarm clock (which had a digital display) can tune in to FM better, and pick up more stations! I've had Kiss FM 107.7 and 106.4 from my house on that radio, yet my hi-fi often struggles to keep Capital 105.4 in stereo! (See my location description for where abouts I am)

My Hi-Fi has 2x tape decks and 3 CD changer too! Strangely, it CAN play CD-Rs. Can I sue DS if I get my fingers trapped in the CD changer? :unimpressed:

-11151. :tongue: :smile:
My Hi-Fi has 2x tape decks and 3 CD changer too! Strangely, it CAN play CD-Rs. Can I sue DS if I get my fingers trapped in the CD changer? :unimpressed:

-11151. :tongue: :smile:

Mine is this nasty thing here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bush-MN013-Silver-Audio-System/dp/B000E5LDZW

Yes you can :smile:

Does yours have an external FM aerial (e.g. coax socket) or has it got a crappy piece of wire, that can't be removed?

Mine is this nasty thing here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bush-MN013-Silver-Audio-System/dp/B000E5LDZW

Yes you can :smile:

Does yours have an external FM aerial (e.g. coax socket) or has it got a crappy piece of wire, that can't be removed?

Crappy piece of wire, but all the stations I wanted came in loud and clear! :smile:

-11153. :smile:
Crappy piece of wire, but all the stations I wanted came in loud and clear! :smile:

-11153. :smile:

That's good to hear! Chances are you're in a strong signal area if you can manage on a crappy wire aerial.

Northamptonshire hasn't really got many FM stations to choose from - unless you like Radios 1-4, Classic FM, BBC Northampton and Heart. Hence I have to try and pick up stations from neighboring areas (notable Capital from Leicestershire and Kiss from Peterborough/Mendlesham). Obviously with a crappy piece of wire as an aerial, and an analogue "turn the dial until you get a reasonable signal" tuner, it ain't gonna work.

That's good to hear! Chances are you're in a strong signal area if you can manage on a crappy wire aerial.

Northamptonshire hasn't really got many FM stations to choose from - unless you like Radios 1-4, Classic FM, BBC Northampton and Heart. Hence I have to try and pick up stations from neighboring areas (notable Capital from Leicestershire and Kiss from Peterborough/Mendlesham). Obviously with a crappy piece of wire as an aerial, and an analogue "turn the dial until you get a reasonable signal" tuner, it ain't gonna work.

If your Hi Fi literally blew up, can we sue Radiogram for it, and send him a repair/replacement bill for it?

-11155. :redface:
-11157. :biggrin:
If your Hi Fi literally blew up, can we sue Radiogram for it, and send him a repair/replacement bill for it?

-11155. :redface:

Yep! You'd then be able to get the Hi-fi upgraded to a JVC MXK50R!!! :smile:

As the saying goes, out with the old nasty Bush MN013, and in with the stylish, modern, powerful JVC MXK50R!

Yep! You'd then be able to get the Hi-fi upgraded to a JVC MXK50R!!! :smile:

As the saying goes, out with the old nasty Bush MN013, and in with the stylish, modern, powerful JVC MXK50R!

If we can't sue him, can we at least make him do the stand still like a mannequin Grace Slick style? :wink:

-11159. :mad:
If we can't sue him, can we at least make him do the stand still like a mannequin Grace Slick style? :wink:

-11159. :mad:

Yes, or my favourite - make him do the bleep test non stop until he falls over!

Latest