The Student Room Group

Statistics GCSE

I'm predicted a C in maths GCSE (for Y11) I'm in Y9 now and thinking of doing GCSE statistics next year (Y10) does anyone think I would struggle doing the statistics GCSE as I'm not great at maths?:confused:
Even though you are predicted a C in maths, you still have PLENTY of time to prove them wrong. If you work hard, you will most definitely do well in what you want to do.

In year 6, I was predicted to get an E in GCSE maths by my high school- yes I was super dumb. But through the years, I began to work harder and currently, I'm in year 11 achieving As in my tests.

So I am pretty sure that you'll do fine. I do recommend buying revision books and practising a lot of questions.
I achieved equal or higher GCSE's than all of my predicted grades and so did the majority of my friends. Don't read in to predicted grades too much and certainly don't see it as your limit. If you want to try statistics go for it - at GCSE if you put in the work you can learn it, you have time.
Original post by emmasmedley
I'm predicted a C in maths GCSE (for Y11) I'm in Y9 now and thinking of doing GCSE statistics next year (Y10) does anyone think I would struggle doing the statistics GCSE as I'm not great at maths?:confused:

statistics is quite different to normal maths. THE COURSEWORK WAS HELLLL , but i got an A in the end. i recommend the statistics CGP book but i think u can do it , if you get a B in stats and a C in maths u can put your statistics grade as many top unis ask for a minimum B in maths/ statistics so theres less pressure on you to do well for maths
Original post by emmasmedley

Just saying, everyone in my year had to do statistics and that includes people getting U's to A*'s in regular maths. EVERYONE passed, and if I'm honest I think you will as well :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by okay.itsdrwho
Just saying, everyone in my year had to do statistics and that includes people getting U's to A*'s in regular maths. EVERYONE passed, and if I'm honest I think you will as well :smile:

That's amazing!! Thanks for helping 😊

Quick Reply

Latest