The Student Room Group

The WWE Society II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by AR_95
There was a time where people preferred Smackdown over Raw.

Had better exclusive PPVs, too.

Remember Smackdown's Judgment Day and Vengeance in 2003. Quality.
Eddie and Benoit on smackdown, those were the days.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 162
Original post by ArsenalWenger
Eddie and Benoit on smackdown, those were the days.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Their match at Vengeance in 2003 was so good. A 20 minute opener. What a treat.
Original post by ozzyoscy
It was watchable at the start of the brand split, before the long-term effects of the brand split took hold i.e. making and keeping Smackdown weak so Raw was as strong as possible.

Personally I enjoyed Smackdown till 2009. After that it started going downhill for me.
Reply 164
Original post by K1NG93
Personally I enjoyed Smackdown till 2009. After that it started going downhill for me.

Went downhill from 2005 for me.
Original post by K1NG93

Funnily enough thats when I stopped following.

Mainly because I didnt appreciate what WWE was (finally realised it was 'fake')

And amongst my school peers it wasnt a cool thing to do... Lucky I was hardly called a sado.

Nowadays I know its fake and its not a guy trying to punch someone in the face but its re-enactment, whilst entertaining with everything else, "sports entertainment"
Reply 166
Original post by heavyhandscott

And amongst my school peers it wasnt a cool thing to do... Lucky I was hardly called a sado.

Nowadays I know its fake and its not a guy trying to punch someone in the face but its re-enactment, whilst entertaining with everything else, "sports entertainment"

I watched WWE from 1999 until 2007, then stopped until about 2012. Not sure why I got back into it tbh.

I always had a sneaky suspicion that WWE was fake and that suspicion was confirmed when I read all the spoilers and the dirt sheets.
Original post by Mackay
Went downhill from 2005 for me.

I watched it till 2010 because of the Undertaker but then he was gone so I felt no reason to watch Smackdown any more.
Started watching WWE again when the Rock came back to host Wrestlemania. The RAW after that Wrestlemania really was the one that got me stuck into WWE when the Wrestlemania match between Cena and the Rock was booked.
(edited 9 years ago)
Check out this recent promo from Reigns. It was the most cringe worthy promo I've ever heard. The guy is so bad on the mic. I was embarrassed for him. [video="youtube;SRFWb4Ia3r0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRFWb4Ia3r0[/video]
^Apparently Vince has been writing his promos, ultimately shows how rubbish and out of tune he's become.
Reply 172
Original post by Aky786UK
^Apparently Vince has been writing his promos, ultimately shows how rubbish and out of tune he's become.

Doesn't surprise me. He was reportedly really unhappy with how Reigns came across in that promo he did from his hospital bed.
Original post by Mackay
he did from his hospital bed.

Why, what's up with him?
Why, what's up with him?

He was injured
Macho Man Randy Savage is going to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fam at WM31 by Hulk Hogan
He was injured

Vince is injured? He wasn't doing this again was he?

Vince is injured? He wasn't doing this again was he?

Noo Reigns was Injured.

But this is a quality fail moment LOL

Sits there and they still do what he says cos one was chose to win and hes boss
Reply 178
Macho Man Randy Savage is going to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fam at WM31 by Hulk Hogan

Simply great news.

Quick Reply