The Student Room Group

WJEC A2 Computing CG3 - Tuesday 23rd June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

*** Official WJEC Computing CG3 June 2015 Exam Discussion Thread ***

UNOFFICIAL MARK SCHEME --> attached HERE
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I heard the zigzag guides are the best but I don't have access to them. Is anyone willing to share?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Casually Formal
I heard the zigzag guides are the best but I don't have access to them. Is anyone willing to share?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bump - I've heard of Zig Zag but I'm too poor go and buy a copy outright!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RonanWalters
Hey! I've got this exam too. I'm currently creating my own revision guide to use, since I honestly don't think the Zig Zag revision guides are the best. The CG1.1 part of the revision guide is only the one finished at the moment, it uses actual answers from exams (WJEC like to ask practically the same exam questions), along with explanations, diagrams and exams questions on CG1.1 from past exams 2010-2014. Here is the link to my revision guide for CG1.1: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gxsiazowyp0w7ez/Computing%20CG3%20Revision%20-%20CG1.1.docx?dl=0 I'm working incredibly hard this year to really get the grades I want in my subjects, so if anyone here fancies doing any computing revision on here, let me know. (: Sorry there isn't any spaces in this post, for some reason pressing enter won't do any (doing this from College). Edit: Credit to Lewis Richardson for first doing it. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2213647&page=2 I've just made it in more detail, since his was a bit too condensed, along with adding exam questions and answers. Hopefully with the one I'm making, it'll help myself and others get the grades they want. (:

Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Casually Formal

Sorry about this, I've updated the CG1.1 guide I made so now it has literally everything you need to know, nothing is missing out now (I hope!). Here's the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gxsiazowyp0w7ez/Computing%20CG3%20Revision%20-%20CG1.1.docx?dl=0
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
Hey!
I've got this exam too. I'm currently creating my own revision guide to use, since I honestly don't think the Zig Zag revision guides are the best. The CG1.1 part of the revision guide is only the one finished at the moment, it uses actual answers from exams (WJEC like to ask practically the same exam questions), along with explanations, diagrams and exams questions on CG1.1 from past exams 2010-2014. Here is the link to my revision guide for CG1.1: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gxsiazowyp0w7ez/Computing%20CG3%20Revision%20-%20CG1.1.docx?dl=0

I'm working incredibly hard this year to really get the grades I want in my subjects, so if anyone here fancies doing any computing revision on here, let me know. (: Sorry there isn't any spaces in this post, for some reason pressing enter won't do any (doing this from College).

Edit: Credit to Lewis Richardson for first doing it. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2213647&page=2 I've just made it in more detail, since his was a bit too condensed, along with adding exam questions and answers. Hopefully with the one I'm making, it'll help myself and others get the grades they want. (:

Thank you for your generosity! How are you finding the course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I created a thread for the A2 coursework section, CG4, for this academic year. Feel free to join!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2703891

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Thank you for your generosity! How are you finding the course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No problem!

I absolutely love computing, always look forward to it. The coursework is my favourite part, but I don't mind the exam too much. Just trying to make sure I work hard so I can get the A/A* I would love to get in computing. (:
Reply 9
No problem!

I absolutely love computing, always look forward to it. The coursework is my favourite part, but I don't mind the exam too much. Just trying to make sure I work hard so I can get the A/A* I would love to get in computing. (:

Yeah that makes sense! Do you wanna do computer science at uni? What other subjects do you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Yeah that makes sense! Do you wanna do computer science at uni? What other subjects do you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I've applied for computer science and artificial intelligence. My other subjects are maths and physics. Have you taken similar ones, or? (:
Reply 11
Yeah, I've applied for computer science and artificial intelligence. My other subjects are maths and physics. Have you taken similar ones, or? (:

Nice! Me too, although I applied for straight BSc Computer Science with a placement year. Where have you applied to?

I do A2 Maths (AQA), Physics (AQA), Computing (WJEC) and History (Edexcel) :smile:
Original post by CD223
Nice! Me too, although I applied for straight BSc Computer Science with a placement year. Where have you applied to?

I do A2 Maths (AQA), Physics (AQA), Computing (WJEC) and History (Edexcel) :smile:

Oh wow, nice! Do you guys have to do the comprehension exam with AQA in maths? Probably a stupid question, but was just curious, haha.

I've applied at Nottingham, Lancaster, Keele, Birmingham City & Chester. I wish I had done a lot better in my first year, didn't do as well as I would have liked, so having to resit a few this year to get the grades I want / need. How about you, where have you applied for? (:
Reply 13
Oh wow, nice! Do you guys have to do the comprehension exam with AQA in maths? Probably a stupid question, but was just curious, haha.

I've applied at Nottingham, Lancaster, Keele, Birmingham City & Chester. I wish I had done a lot better in my first year, didn't do as well as I would have liked, so having to resit a few this year to get the grades I want / need. How about you, where have you applied for? (:

I'm not even sure what the comprehension exam is! Haha. In all I'll be doing C1-4 and M1-2 for the whole a level.

Nice! Is that in order of preference?
I applied to Oxford, Bath, Bristol, Southampton and Surrey. Got rejected from Oxford post-interview last week but I got offers from the others :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
I'm not even sure what the comprehension exam is! Haha. In all I'll be doing C1-4 and M1-2 for the whole a level.

Nice! Is that in order of preference?
I applied to Oxford, Bath, Bristol, Southampton and Surrey. Got rejected from Oxford post-interview last week but I got offers from the others :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice! I'm doing C2-4, along with M1 and D1.

Yeah. Didn't even notice I had put it in that order till you asked, haha. Ah nice! Which one is the top one for you out of the 4?

Just thought I'd mention I'll be posting the CG3.3 revision guide tomorrow (Doing it in the order I'm getting taught at my college), if anyone wants to take a look at it / needs it. (:
Reply 15
Nice! I'm doing C2-4, along with M1 and D1.

Yeah. Didn't even notice I had put it in that order till you asked, haha. Ah nice! Which one is the top one for you out of the 4?

Just thought I'd mention I'll be posting the CG3.3 revision guide tomorrow (Doing it in the order I'm getting taught at my college), if anyone wants to take a look at it / needs it. (:

Nice! Have you already done M1? I've got C3-4 and M2 this year :/
Nice!
For me it's bath first then Southampton.
That's so cool, thanks! Would you mind posting your guides to this thread? I'll upload what I have in the way of resources too in a bit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Nice! Have you already done M1? I've got C3-4 and M2 this year :/
Nice!
For me it's bath first then Southampton.
That's so cool, thanks! Would you mind posting your guides to this thread? I'll upload what I have in the way of resources too in a bit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, we're probably half way through. But it feels like we've already done it all because of physics.

Oh nice! I've heard Bath is really good.

Yeah, will do. (: I hope to have all the topics covered by the weekend and I'll just keep updating my posts, when each one is done. Have you do many lessons on the CG3 topics, or?
Reply 17
No, we're probably half way through. But it feels like we've already done it all because of physics.

Oh nice! I've heard Bath is really good.

Yeah, will do. (: I hope to have all the topics covered by the weekend and I'll just keep updating my posts, when each one is done. Have you do many lessons on the CG3 topics, or?

Oh I can understand that haha!
Yeah Bath looks pretty nice :smile:
Cool! I've not done many - most lessons have been on the coursework! I've covered Number Systems, Databases, Operating Systems and Algorithms. You?
Sorry I haven't been active, had a very busy week last week. Been catching up on sleep and revising for other subjects, but I'm currently trying to see how much I can do tonight for the revision guide. I've just finished the CG3.2 part of it if anyone wants to take a look:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qyzyrk638f2ikpm/CG3.2%20-%20Revision%20Guide.odt?dl=0

Let me know if I've missed anything out!
Reply 19
Sorry I haven't been active, had a very busy week last week. Been catching up on sleep and revising for other subjects, but I'm currently trying to see how much I can do tonight for the revision guide. I've just finished the CG3.2 part of it if anyone wants to take a look:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qyzyrk638f2ikpm/CG3.2%20-%20Revision%20Guide.odt?dl=0

Let me know if I've missed anything out!

No worries! No expectation for you to be active all the time haha! Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending