The Student Room Group

Why do nice guys/nice girls finish last?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jean Luc Picard
Ask for her number, it would be a good first step!

I don't know how I would lead into a convo like that, I need to think about how I would do that
Reply 101
Original post by Multitalented me
Well then they are not quite nice guys, actual nice guys are nice because it's what a decent human being should be like not because they have an ulterior motive, yes be nice to girls you're trying to pursue but just don't be so expectant even if you have made an effort (some guys fall into this trap) & then they complain when they just have to take it on the chin if they get rejected, evaluate themselves & see what they can improve :smile:

EDIT: At least you are self-aware :tongue:

yep that pretty much sums it up, which is why I always put "nice guys" in quotation marks. :biggrin:

And only self aware in hindsight I am afraid, if only I knew then what I knew now :tongue:
Original post by marco14196
I don't know how I would lead into a convo like that, I need to think about how I would do that

The best thing to do is just start talking to her again and then ask her when it feels right!

Posted from TSR Mobile
The best thing to do is just start talking to her again and then ask her when it feels right!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just worry I might bugger things up, I asked out 4 months ago and I don't know what'll happen if I try again. It's a sort of innate fear I have
Original post by lucaf
yep that pretty much sums it up, which is why I always put "nice guys" in quotation marks. :biggrin:

And only self aware in hindsight I am afraid, if only I knew then what I knew now :tongue:
Well you can't change the past so it's better not to dwell :smile: At least you can admit to your shortcomings, so hopefully with your altered mindset you can look forward to the future with renewed vigor & enthusiasm :cool:
Original post by marco14196
I just worry I might bugger things up, I asked out 4 months ago and I don't know what'll happen if I try again. It's a sort of innate fear I have

I know the feeling well! Just build up to it slowly and take it from there! There's no need to rush, go at your pace for now until you know more!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 106
Original post by Multitalented me
Well you can't change the past so it's better not to dwell :smile: At least you can admit to your shortcomings, so hopefully with your altered mindset you can look forward to the future with renewed vigor & enthusiasm :cool:

past shortcomings, now I am obviously perfect :wink:
I know the feeling well! Just build up to it slowly and take it from there! There's no need to rush, go at your pace for now until you know more!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know how to lead in though, I feel nervy. She's just come online at the moment but arghh, what the hells wrong with me
Original post by trustmeimlying1
:biggrin:feck yeh yeh brummie!

feck you too punk :tongue:.
Original post by lou 22
feck you too punk :tongue:.

you wana fight grow a pair and add me on skype "punk"

eejit :biggrin:
you wana fight grow a pair and add me on skype "punk"

eejit :biggrin:

I don’t want to be a lady gaga and have to have a box to cover my balls. Plus punk I blocked you so it would be easy to unblock you but you are a fecking eejit so will leave you blocked :tongue:. #yougottold :tongue:
Original post by lou 22
I don’t want to be a lady gaga and have to have a box to cover my balls. Plus punk I blocked you so it would be easy to unblock you but you are a fecking eejit so will leave you blocked :tongue:. #yougottold :tongue:

blocked me so it would be easy to unblock me..that makes zero...

haha grand love ..old age kicking so im off the list.anyone 14 and younger queue up.this gal likes them fresh.
blocked me so it would be easy to unblock me..that makes zero...

haha grand love ..old age kicking so im off the list.anyone 14 and younger queue up.this gal likes them fresh.

No, not unblocking you :tongue: .

You like them just legal I like them aged around 25 :tongue:, I like men not boys, so it’s it way past your bed time little un?
Original post by wellholathere
Because sometimes these nice guys come off as too nice and seem a bit feminine. Girls want a guy, not another girl. Plus with nice guys, they're usually a lot more sensitive than other guys which is just annoying for the girl because well, we're the girl. Man up.
Saying that, i'm sure there are loads of nice guys that aren't overly emotional, cringe and feminine too...I just haven't met one:rolleyes:

I'm just generalizing here.

"Man up"? How about you **** off and don't assume that every bloke has to conform to an outdated gender role of not being emotional or sensitive.
Original post by lou 22
No, not unblocking you :tongue: .

You like them just legal I like them aged around 25 :tongue:, I like men not boys, so it’s it way past your bed time little un?

haha thats what you were saying hahah

being 19 nothing wrong with just legal...and even that is debatable for moi.
classic joke there..so old talk:tongue:

25..so call me a pensioner than say im too young this is gas stuff :biggrin:

praise the lord indeed
haha thats what you were saying hahah

being 19 nothing wrong with just legal...and even that is debatable for moi.
classic joke there..so old talk:tongue:

25..so call me a pensioner than say im too young this is gas stuff :biggrin:

praise the lord indeed

I fell asleep at the word ‘That’ damn you bore me :tongue:.
Thats
Original post by lou 22
I fell asleep at the word ‘That’ damn you bore me :tongue:.

the sad thing is..its the most action shes had in two years..

anyways lou lou...have a nice week.

im sure youll be desperately trying to pm me any chance you get

Il reply when I can

take it easy old wan
the sad thing is..its the most action shes had in two years..

anyways lou lou...have a nice week.

im sure youll be desperately trying to pm me any chance you get

Il reply when I can

take it easy old wan

p off you, I don’t ever recall pming you doubt I ever will.

Bye now postman.
Another thing I forgot to add earlier, I criticised the guys but I want to criticise the women too. Let's face it, some women are excited by being treated like **** and then making up afterwards whether they consciously know that or not, they love that drama in their lives. When I encounter such women in my life I don't think "Oh I will be nice" and get nowhere because she is not mentally stimulated, I think "Ok, I am going to manipulate you and **** with your mind" so I can get sex. Because hey, it's not like much else is guaranteed to work , they are damaged goods anyway.

Quick Reply