The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4460
Original post by Stefan21
It's 7 in the morning and TUESDAY already and still no word from Selwyn...I'm gonna email them I guess.

They will just see it in a few hours, don't forget it is still day 12 (monday)
Original post by Stefan21
It's 7 in the morning and TUESDAY already and still no word from Selwyn...I'm gonna email them I guess.

There is a post on their Admissions Facebook Page saying that if you haven't yet received a letter, they'll be happy to email you your letter. Just send their admissions team an email! :smile:
Original post by Flippi1
I just got my email from Hughes my new college so they must be working late ...

got mine from Hughes as well about two hours ago ! :smile:
Original post by thedutchchick
i'm soooooo considering a gap year now and reapplying, because my bmat was so shocking that i think that's the reason they rejected me and that's gonna be the reason why ucl and imperial are going to reject me (yes, 3 bmat uni's, what was i thinking)
and i got an offer for biomed from kcl, but in my heart i know i love medicine too much to let that go....

helpppp hahaha

I'm pretty much on the same boat as you, though I'm still waiting for a reply from Cambridge. Got a reject from Leeds today though. And I've applied for med only to BMAT schools so... :tongue: if I don't get this year, I'm considering staying on Medicine in Poland or going to Stockholm for biomedical sciences for one year and reapplying. I want to take MB/PhD badly :s-smilie:
Original post by Sacred Ground
I'm from South Shields, but go to Sunderland College. Just found that strange. Haha.

Durham boy here, North East represent
Original post by monspie9
got mine from Hughes as well about two hours ago ! :smile:

Yay congratulations and hello !!
i'm soooooo considering a gap year now and reapplying, because my bmat was so shocking that i think that's the reason they rejected me and that's gonna be the reason why ucl and imperial are going to reject me (yes, 3 bmat uni's, what was i thinking)
and i got an offer for biomed from kcl, but in my heart i know i love medicine too much to let that go....

helpppp hahaha

if you want to chat just PM me (I'm doing Medicine too!)
Reply 4467
Rejected by Queens for medicine...im international btw
Just firmed :yeah: feels so real now. Now i just have to make sure i dont **** it up!
Original post by arjro
Just a budding cambridge student doing their GCSEs over here, wondering what GCSE grades you guys got?

I only got 4 A*s, 4As and 3 Bs, but I think they average applicant gets around 7 A*s with the rest being As! Tbh just aim for the best GCSEs you can get and I'm sure you'll be fine :smile:

Original post by hippoposthumous
Yeah for NatSci! It's actually really cool; they have a new natural sciences building for free pizza fridays and stuff like that. And I really really love the chemistry labs; google them and they're really amazing and it's like that for everyone throughout the course. I don't know if I should be worried about it being new :confused: but they seem so competent with being really personal and welcoming with each applicant that I'm convinced they're good at this stuff honestly!

Free pizza fridays... :redface: That is actually magical. The labs are gorgeous omg I'm starting to really wish I applied now!!! They've obviously invested lots into the course tbh I don't think you should be worried. I was just too lazy to go to a visit day so unfairly dismissed them haha. Is York looking to be your first choice, then?

Original post by aworldalone
Just firmed :yeah: feels so real now. Now i just have to make sure i dont **** it up!

Same like the entry requirements seemed so reasonable before but now I can only think about how devastated I'll be if I miss them... I think I'm going to get a chem tutor :redface:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Blazar
Unconditionals from Durham, UCL and Glasgow.

Nice! Well personally I'd so go for UCL, great uni, but if Cambridge is your dream..
Good luck!
Original post by aprocrastinator
if you want to chat just PM me (I'm doing Medicine too!)

Thanks! Really kind of you!
Any idea how the chances are for reapplicants?
Is it always useless?
Original post by aprocrastinator
Sorry to interrupt but I just wanted to say I'm so glad you got an offer :') you really deserve one!

Sorry I only saw this now :') Thank you!

And I'm so happy for you! I told you you had nothing to worry about :tongue:
Original post by cerlohee

Free pizza fridays... :redface: That is actually magical. The labs are gorgeous omg I'm starting to really wish I applied now!!! They've obviously invested lots into the course tbh I don't think you should be worried. I was just too lazy to go to a visit day so unfairly dismissed them haha. Is York looking to be your first choice, then?

Yeah York always was, I was just reconsidering now (thinking I want more going on at uni) but I'll most probably end up there.

Sorry to make you regret it! I'm sure your other places are awesome too!

Does anyone know whether you can reapply to Cambridge whilst at another university? It'd be crappy for the university if you leave it after the first year, too, right?
Original post by CakeFrog
Clare
Yeah, I just keep telling myself how amazing Imperial is

It is amazing and we'll be there together!
Original post by Amanda Brown
What are engineering offer holders' requirements like? I got pooled to Newnham and I still don't know the conditions...

heyy :smile: Congrats on your offer! A-Level offers for Engineering tend to be A*A*A - but all of the actual offer letters were posted today so you should be getting more concrete information soon!

In the mean time if you want to join the Offer Holders page it can be found here! https://www.facebook.com/groups/525372414271831/?fref=ts :biggrin:
Nice! Well personally I'd so go for UCL, great uni, but if Cambridge is your dream..
Good luck!

Durham would be my second choice, but I haven't actually had the chance to see it yet. I don't really want to go to Glasgow or UCL, to be honest. The problem is, my parents won't let me reapply to Cambridge and I don't want to wait until postgraduate...
Original post by DCMed96
Yeah!!! I am not lonely anymore!!!!
i realise that Cambridge ditched me because Cambridge wants me to go to imperial. Dobby will listen to the master's order and imperial here i come!!! (with a rejection letter on hand)

Definitely going to Imperial! As much as I loved Cambridge, I love the course at Imperial more so everything happens for a reason 😁
Original post by Amanda Brown
What are engineering offer holders' requirements like? I got pooled to Newnham and I still don't know the conditions...

Hey!! I got pooled to Newnham too but for PBS!! :smile:
Original post by arjro
Just a budding cambridge student doing their GCSEs over here, wondering what GCSE grades you guys got?

2A*s-2As-4bs-1c-1d and got an offer.

Latest

Trending

Trending