The Student Room Group

Why do nice guys/nice girls finish last?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cremated_Spatula
I'm not even going to dignify that with an actual response.

I think the nice guys need to work on their own confidence, and guys who view women as sloppy lasts etc should stay away from women full stop.
Because if you are being nice, you want something.
If you are being mean, you're an ass.

There's a thing of being too nice, a person was like that with me and it was really uncomfortable :frown:
But like, after being bullied and stuff I don't know when compliments are genuine or just said for the craic.

I would love a nice person uwu
Original post by pollyabu
I think the nice guys need to work on their own confidence, and guys who view women as sloppy lasts etc should stay away from women full stop.

I think women have to be honest tbh, many of you love to be used and abused deep down. Why else do many of you ask to be called sluts in bed?

Having said that, the genuinely kind women deserve to be treated well.
What is nice?

I'm nice to everyone, at least I try to be. Treat how you want to be treated etc.
Original post by marco14196
I don't know how to lead in though, I feel nervy. She's just come online at the moment but arghh, what the hells wrong with me

Just be calm, and send her a friendly message asking her how she is, how Uni is going and take it from there!
Original post by Jean Luc Picard
Just be calm, and send her a friendly message asking her how she is, how Uni is going and take it from there!

Did just that last night? She hasn't read it yet so no reply
Reply 126
I guess they just aren't noticed as much as the bad ones, which is a shame really.
Original post by pollyabu

Uhhhh... Are you replying to me?

I don't understand.

Seems like nice means a lot of things to different people, but I don't care about that.
Original post by Tom_Ford
I think women have to be honest tbh, many of you love to be used and abused deep down. Why else do many of you ask to be called sluts in bed?

People say lots of things in bed. Enjoying that doesn't mean they actually want to be properly abused in day to day life.

Or so I hear anyway.
I never open the door or pull out a chair
You can tell me how your day was but I don't really care
And if you ever get cold you'll just have to hack it
cause I'll be cold too if I gave you my jacket
Did just that last night? She hasn't read it yet so no reply

Wait for it! Has she replied now by any chance?!
Original post by Jean Luc Picard
Wait for it! Has she replied now by any chance?!

nope
Original post by Tom_Ford

Having said that, the genuinely kind women deserve to be treated well.

How many women have you actually been with? Be honest :rolleyes:
Reply 133
Original post by zKlown
What is nice?

I'm nice to everyone, at least I try to be. Treat how you want to be treated etc.

^
Agree with this
Reply 134
Original post by Anonymous
Why do guys who have nice personalities never get the girl. Guys who are kind, caring, gentle, accept rejection politely and that are just nice to everyone, always finish last? In my college the girls seem to prefer the dickheads.
I think guys are just as bad too. They seem to prefer the bitches in my college. One of my friends who is a nice girl got rejected recently and then the guy went for a bitch, so that's why I created this thread. Any ideas?

I would count myself as one of the nice guys out there and I have to agree, we do finish last. When I was in college last year, I tried to ask out this sweet girl, Id been getting to know her for a few months and I thought it was going nicely. I wasnt being forceful or anything, just being a friendly person. So I tell them I have feelings for them and ask them out to go to the cinema but I promptly get told she doesnt feel the same way. So how do I handle it? Well I accept it and just literally say ok, and end that pursuit there, returning to friendly status with them. I dont go out doing bad things, Im just quiet, polite and fairly well mannered. But Im not what a girl is looking for seemingly, they want meatheads from what I can gather so i just tend to phase out and go into a sort of hibernation until someone comes along and expresses interest in me. Yes, we will finish last but I feel we will finish last for the better and get the best girls, ones who are more equivalent in behaviour to us. Thats just how this game plays itself out. Ive never had a relationship for this reason, Im just very patient in waiting.

I know it's hard, but nice guys do actually win long term. Have faith and be patient. If it's meant to be, it....will...be. Always be your nice self and not one of those 'dickheads' as you aptly described them.

OP means nice guys not the pretenders who are simply the dickheads who failed to woo a girl.

The nice guys do get the hot and nice girls eventually. Sometimes the girl is not nice.

"HE WHO LAUGHS LAST, LAUGHS LONGEST. HAIL TO THE NICE GUYS!!!"
Reply 135
Why do guys who have nice personalities never get the girl. Guys who are kind, caring, gentle, accept rejection politely and that are just nice to everyone, always finish last? In my college the girls seem to prefer the dickheads.
I think guys are just as bad too. They seem to prefer the bitches in my college. One of my friends who is a nice girl got rejected recently and then the guy went for a bitch, so that's why I created this thread. Any ideas?

The "nice / nasty" dichotomy only applies to men.Yes, there are girls who are nice and nasty personality wise, but that has little to no bearing on how much dick they get offered. Whether they are nice or nasty, girls will still get offered dick - the frequency of dick offerings is only dependent on their looks.

I could go into why nice guys finish last but we'd be here all evening. The simple answer is because although women say they want nice, sweet guys who will treat them as equals, that's absolute bs - what they really want is a man to take control, lead them, and not subject himself to them in any way. It's the cocky, arrogant, a*****e guys that women perceive as possessing the aptitude for this more so than the nice, sweet guys.

As a man, you have to take charge and do the thinking for women, otherwise no one's gonna get what they want.

But tbh, I say **** all of that:

DISREGARD FEMALES, ACQUIRE CURRENCY
(edited 9 years ago)

I don't think how nice a person is comes into it. It is more about whether they are seen as hot or not. If you are nice, you may become their friend. If you are hot in their eyes, you might become their date.

Students are still immature and learning at 18-25, but they start to change from 28 onwards. That is when being nice gets you more interest from people, rather than looks.
(edited 9 years ago)
All the 'nice' guys I've met always feel entitled to 'nice' girls.
A lad I knew liked me but I didn't like him in that way. Most probably due to the fact I watched him cheat on his ex.
He was there going on about how he's such a nice guy. When I went to a party he was there; I got drunk and apparently he liked that cause to him he had a better chance with me when I was too drunk to realize what was going on.
When he found out I didn't like him in that way, he kept going on about how everyone friend zones him.
Spoke to a few of my friends who knew him; turns out he's like this with any girl he speaks to. He tried to sleep with my friend after knowing her an hour.
When me and my friends were trying to get our 'nice guy' friends girlfriends they were there like 'she's too fat'. 'she looks like a boy' and so on.
All the 'nice' girls I've met are also possessive and manipulative. A girl I knew who was apparently an angel would lead really genuinely nice guys on and then tell them she didn't like them. When they actually got boyfriends she'd start flirting with them again and try to ruin their relationships.
My advice would be stop claiming to be a nice guy/girl because whenever anyone does that around me I just think you're using it to get what you want.
If you are a nice girl/guy then you won't need to say it and you'll find someone who isn't as shallow as the people who ignore you.
There is no such thing as a nice girl, and girls never finish last. Even if a girl appears to have a nice personality, they will always have a hidden agenda. They will use their "nice personality" into snagging themselves a boyfriend (hook, line and sinker), and then manipulate him into doing whatever they want using emotional abuse, humiliation and the threat of leaving him for another guy to make the boyfriend jealous. As someone mentioned here, girls enjoy the drama of doing infuriating things to their boyfriends: stringing them along, insulting them, making out with other guys and refusing to hold back on the alcohol or clubbing while they're in a relationship. If you ask me, that makes girls cold, callous and nasty - regardless of whether they appear to be "nice" or not. "Nice" is just a girl's way of picking their next victim.

Girls who are ******* will always have guys running after them because guys have a lot less self-respect than women, and would rather subject themselves to incredible stress, torment and emotional exhaustion just to start or maintain a relationship. That's how much guys invest in a relationship, so next time someone tells you that girls do all the work in a relationship, you will know that's BS. Being manipulative, greedy and selfish do not count towards making a relationship work.

On the other hand, nice guys have nothing to lose. They have probably never had girlfriends themselves and haven't experienced the hell that you have to go through to start a genuine relationship. Girls can smell them from a mile off and then either friendzone or pretend to be in a relationship with them because they enjoy twisting guys around their little fingers - it keeps them satisfied until they can get an angry reaction out of a guy and then move onto the next one to string along. The only reason why girls are attracted to guys who are ****heads is because they think those guys will have more backbone and look after them. But obviously those guys can't see anything past themselves, so they end up neglecting, cheating and being abusive to their girlfriends. They have huge break-ups and then girls complain about everything when in fact they were too shallow and self-centred to predict that that is how a ****head guy would behave anyway. So why even go out with him in the first place? Girls who go out with ****heads complain that their boyfriends don't care about them enough, when in fact that's exactly the same thing they want to do to a nice guy. Somehow girls can't recognise that nice guys can still have a backbone and be prepared to stand up for their girlfriends in a fight/argument. Instead they would rather make a big deal about their relationships going bad when they had the chance to prevent the failures happening in the first place. Girls don't like being put in their place and to stop being so hypocritical, twisted and emotionally abusive to guys because they can't ever listen to reason. Anyone who actually wants to be manipulated and humiliated by a girl in a relationship, obviously doesn't know what human attraction is supposed to be.

Whatever happened to people being caring, romantic and even intimate with each other without all the emotional baggage that girls bring to every relationship? If you like or love someone and they feel the same way about you, then both of you will be equally nurturing and understanding towards each other. Instead, girls want a bit of excitement in their lives and to feel like they're in control by attacking guys with physical, verbal and emotional abuse as well as blackmail, ridicule and hatred. What's the point of having a relationship if every girl behaves like a sadistic maniac towards you? :mad:
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi, I'm genuinely a nice guy in real terms- I treat my male friends as bros, I'm always looking out for them, and I make friends wherever I go and look after my colleagues and family.
However I never do the nice guy crap with girls- girls don't notice me much because I'm physically unattractive- the offers I do get are from girls that hit on my friends then work their way down to hitting on me, so obviously I'm not interested.
I do treat girls nicely, but the same way as I treat my male friends- I'll buy a girl in my social circle a drink if I'm buying all my male friends a drink too, and I'll give polite chat, but I'll also take the piss out her in a friendly way (and encourage the piss to be taken out of me) in the same way me and my friends take the piss out each other. If I'm going to make a rude joke, I'll still make it in the presence of women.
I don't try to act all sensitive etc because I'm not.
I am a gentleman in the sense of not hassling women (I never really hit on girls), if a girls drunk I'll help her into her taxi and hold doors etc, and if a guy in a club hassles her I'll back her up, but I'm by no means a wimpy, self-pitying 'nice guy'.

My idea of being nice is treating everyone with respect- even if I do make crude jokes, I'll notch it down if it's clearly offending someone.
I treat women the same way I treat my male friends, or most people which is generally nice.
I might have tattoos, a ****ed up sense of humor and listen to death metal but I'm generally kind.

The typical 'nice guys' I know are little, whiny douchebags. If a girl doesn't like you just get on with it!
(Note I whine about not finding decent girls that like me because I'm ugly- nothing to do with this nice guy crap).

Man up!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending