The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

SubhanAllah
Original post by HSafirah
How are you, brother? :smile:

Doing good alhamdulliah, and yourself?
Original post by IdeasForLife
Doing good alhamdulliah, and yourself?

Alhamdulillah, feeling great. Oops, the teacher's here already. Gotta go for further maths class :biggrin:
Birmingham is now SO Muslim, they recently voted to remove `ham` from the name :redface:
Reply 244
Original post by JuliusSeizure
Birmingham is now SO Muslim, they recently voted to remove `ham` from the name :redface:

lol

Original post by FlareBlitz96
Jazak'Allah for the encoraging words

Wa iyyak (and May Allah reward you too!) :smile:

Original post by HSafirah
The jokes that you guys posted really made me laugh :lol:, may Allah bless all of you

Anyway, assalamualaikum :smile:

Wa'alaykumussalam! :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
If the opposite sex says salaam to you on the streets, should you reply? Even if you can tell their intentions aren't right?
Random question I know.
Reply 247
Original post by HAnwar
If the opposite sex says salaam to you on the streets, should you reply? Even if you can tell their intentions aren't right?
Random question I know.

i don't think you have to unless you know them :dontknow:
Original post by ko111
i don't think you have to unless you know them :dontknow:

Ah right cool
Original post by HAnwar
Random question I know.

No idea, but I would to be pilote and maybe they are asking for directions or something.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Iqbal007
Adam Deen being on their said it all, as did a few others being their.........MAB dude stayed strong, very clear the host was getting annoyed loool

No idea, but I would to be pilote and maybe they are asking for directions or something.

You can tell when they're just trying to grab your attention for the wrong reasons.
Original post by HAnwar
You can tell when they're just trying to grab your attention for the wrong reasons.

How did ur exam went Sis?
Original post by Incredible97
How did ur exam went Sis?

It was good alhamdulilah :smile:
Original post by HAnwar
It was good alhamdulilah :smile:

Good!:smile:
Original post by Incredible97
Good!:smile:

How was your day?
Original post by HAnwar
How was your day?

It was good alhamdullilah Thanks :h:
(edited 9 years ago)
Salaams guys!

I have a question, what's the ruling on naming your child a Hebrew name, because after posting on a thread I love the names Benyamin and Isaac (Ishaaq) for future sons, I got a personal message from someone saying that's Haraam?

Opinions?

JazakaAllah

Posted from TSR Mobile
In the Name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful

Grand Ayatullah Muhammed Hussein Fadllulah r.a

The First Sermon

The Real Loss

Allah says in His Glorious Book: There are among men some who serve Allah, as it were, on the verge: if good befalls them, they are, therewith, well content; but if a trial comes to them, they turn on their faces: they lose both this world and the Hereafter: that is loss for all to see!

In this Ayah, Allah talks about the issue of loss, which includes losing oneself, or money, effort and work, as when he loses in his trade or as when he dies. But the important thing is that we should not lose the Hereafter, since losing this life is not considered a loss when one wins Allah's satisfactions, Mercy and love. The real loss of this world is when one tries to win it by disobeying Allah, which will lead to Allah's wrath and the loss of His Mercy, which ultimately means the loss of the two worlds.

Man must be concerned with winning the Hereafter since it is the final destiny. They is why we read in the Quran when Karroon talks with his people. When his people said to him: Do not exult, (do not be overjoyed by your wealth) surely (Allah does not love the exultant) who only seek the pleasures of this world and forget about the Hereafter).

But seek, with the (wealth) which Allah has bestowed on thee, the Home of the Hereafter, nor forget thy portion in this world (take your share of your worldly needs, but always keep in mind the importance of the Hereafter)

The first Ayah we cited also tells us about those who worship Allah in a superficial manner. They would continue to worship Allah as long as life is easy and going well. But if things go bad and Allah tests them to see if they are going to be patient or grateful, since there are may people that when faced by a certain loss in life or money they would even object to Allah's decisions and even stop believing in Him, thus earning Allah's wrath, and actually losing themselves.

http://english.bayynat.org/Lectures/Lecture_10042009.htm#.VLRxCnuoMSQ
[video="youtube;LUqfTMyc9l0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUqfTMyc9l0[/video]

Latest

Trending

Trending