The Student Room Group

HM Passport Office (Grade 1/Grade 3?)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Original post by missfohal
Was that for Liverpool ?

No for Southport but Becci231090 was for Liverpool. Strange different timescales.
I received my link for security clearance on 8/1 which was pretty quick compared to others.
Original post by Yazdani_uk
Yes I think we all start in feb

Thanks Yazdani, but when? Also there is the issue of giving notice to my current employer, I have to give a month.

It's wired having no contact, then an unannounced email, only to be left in the dark again.

I am just worried they are going to withdraw the positions... :confused:
Original post by Jukie
No for Southport but Becci231090 was for Liverpool. Strange different timescales.
I received my link for security clearance on 8/1 which was pretty quick compared to others.

Can probably assume I haven't made it. Well done to you though :smile:
Reply 283
Original post by missfohal
Can probably assume I haven't made it. Well done to you though :smile:

No I don't think That is true would have thought you would hear sooner if you hadn't made it.
Southport is a new contact centre opening so may want to get that up and running.
Good Luck
Original post by bo_supremo
Hi Louise, strange isn't it?. Especially as you were the first in this long drawn out process and started the thread itself!

Was your contract/ offer, the confirmation that you had passed the security checks, or did you get conformation that online link info had passed before your contract and start date- does that make sense lol?

If so how long online link check take for you? Also, when you first applied , were you given any indication as to when the positions in Glasgow were supposed to start?

Sorry for all the questions :smile:

No problem!

I got confirmation I had passed my security checks and then a call from the passport office to discuss my start date! Once I had confirmed that was fine, they sent me a contract through the post, which I signed and sent back (was supposed to send a P45 too, but don't have one since I haven't worked in over a year because of finishing up uni).

When I first applied, I was told it'd be a December or January start date, so clearly that changed, haha.

The online link check hmmmm. I think I only got confirmation when ALL of the security in total was complete? Which took about two months, I think. (:
Original post by Mr poster
Has anyone been placed on the reserve list and then offered a position at a later stage?

I'm on the reserve list for Liverpool (I went through the civil service website for this role ) but haven't heard yet. I started Southport on Friday but I got that through an agency and only temporary. I'd love to get an offer for Liverpool. Are u on the reserve also ?
Original post by Jukie
No I don't think That is true would have thought you would hear sooner if you hadn't made it.
Southport is a new contact centre opening so may want to get that up and running.
Good Luck

Liverpool is a new contact centre as well. Hopefully as the saying goes " No news is good news ". :smile:
Reply 287
Original post by becci231090
I'm on the reserve list for Liverpool (I went through the civil service website for this role ) but haven't heard yet. I started Southport on Friday but I got that through an agency and only temporary. I'd love to get an offer for Liverpool. Are u on the reserve also ?

Thats good news is that the 3 month contract? How are liking it Becci? Did you not have to have security clearance?
Original post by Jukie
Thats good news is that the 3 month contract? How are liking it Becci? Did you not have to have security clearance?

Yes 3 month probation with the chance of being kept on until 11 months. My friend had and interview for Liverpool on Thursday and was told shed hear either next week or the week after. Yes I had to do the security checks
Reply 289
Original post by becci231090
Yes 3 month probation with the chance of being kept on until 11 months. My friend had and interview for Liverpool on Thursday and was told shed hear either next week or the week after. Yes I had to do the security checks

So pleased for you but hope you get an offer for Liverpool if that's what you really want. How long did security checks take? Did you fill in online e-SQ link?
Good Luck to your friend, there really is no consistency in any of this Lol!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Jukie
So pleased for you but hope you get an offer for Liverpool if that's what you really want. How long did security checks take? Did you fill in online e-SQ link?
Good Luck to your friend, there really is no consistency in any of this Lol!

Mine was about 6 weeks & not online no, as it was through an agency it was paper form. Thankyou. Do you have a start date yet ?
Reply 291
No unfortunately not only filled in security forms last week so won't be for a while by sounds of it.
Had an interview for po3 london and was told that I am being placed on the reserve list. Wondering if anyone is in the same sirtuation and been offered a job or still waiting
Hey, here's a question, because it didn't actually specifically say anywhere - does anyone know the dress code for PO3?
Reply 294
Original post by isoldier
Umm... If I can remember correctly then;

Sent Application - 26th September

Phone Interview - 4th October

Panel Interview - 28th October

Conditional Offer - 21st November

Initial forms - 24th November

Second set of forms - 16th December

Offer - 24th of December

I think that should answer your question. Feel free to ask me anymore if what I have written is not what you were looking for.

And I will be based in London.

Hi isoldier by 2nd set of forms do you mean online link to e-SQ security clearance forms? If so that was quick hope mine is too!!
Original post by LouiseMiller
No problem!

I got confirmation I had passed my security checks and then a call from the passport office to discuss my start date! Once I had confirmed that was fine, they sent me a contract through the post, which I signed and sent back (was supposed to send a P45 too, but don't have one since I haven't worked in over a year because of finishing up uni).

When I first applied, I was told it'd be a December or January start date, so clearly that changed, haha.

The online link check hmmmm. I think I only got confirmation when ALL of the security in total was complete? Which took about two months, I think. (:

Thanks Louise! As others have said as well, lots of different timeframes! I just hope I hear soon as the start date was supposedly Feb lol
Original post by LouiseMiller
Hey, here's a question, because it didn't actually specifically say anywhere - does anyone know the dress code for PO3?

That's a good question. I even tried googling it lol but nothing.
Original post by Jukie
Hi isoldier by 2nd set of forms do you mean online link to e-SQ security clearance forms? If so that was quick hope mine is too!!

yup the security clearance!
Original post by Mr poster
That's a good question. I even tried googling it lol but nothing.

Same, haha! It wasn't actually specifically in my contract either and I'm sort of struggling to shop for work clothes. I have a general idea, but it's my best guess at this stage...
Reply 299
When I went for my interview staff there seemed to be very casually dressed. A lot were in jeans.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending