The Student Room Group

What A level/s do you find a joke?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Olympiad
I'm taking Econ and pol too! Dropped history last year.

I like it but History definitely isn't for everyone, it's all about the course!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by constantino_chr
I like it but History definitely isn't for everyone, it's all about the course!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I loved History! Really miss it :frown:

But it was between History and Economics, and I finslly decided I prefer economics just that slight more.
I loved History! Really miss it :frown:

But it was between History and Economics, and I finslly decided I prefer economics just that slight more.

Tough call, what was your other subject?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by constantino_chr
Tough call, what was your other subject?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ICT, yes yes I know that's my 'easy subject' but due to various reasons I kinda had to continue with it
ICT, yes yes I know that's my 'easy subject' but due to various reasons I kinda had to continue with it

Fair enough

Posted from TSR Mobile
Personally, english language (I know at some schools, english lit and lang are combined, mine isn't XD) .. Anyone with a grade D in English lang can do it, it's just the creative writing that require more attention and applying terminology. Someone in my class said "It's like Psychology without the brains"
People obviously need to take them for themselves to realise the work that is really involved. People reckon that you get so many days and time off and you have no afterschool study or stress. I do as much work if not more that some people taking A levels. Why do people get good jobs and can get into high universities with these qualifications then?
I'm not disputing that A levels are difficult but you can do good in the exam and get a good grade on the course whereas BTEC is based around everyday
Original post by HayleyANich
I study Business Studies as a BTEC Extended Diploma, and I think it's disgusting the way some people are talking about the subject and the qualifications. I came out of GCSE's with everything B's, including four A*'s. I did one year of A a Levels, doing well but realising they weren't for me. I now study the BTEC, which is 18 units spread over two years. I tell you know it is not easy. I can make the comparison because I have done AS Levels.

The content is much more diverse, you learn better and there are things you don't realise apply to these situation. Could you seriously write an entire recruitment pack, talk about accounting ratios, speak about business ethics and assess corporate manslaughter legislation as common sense?

BTEC's are EQUIVALENT to A Levels, they are coursework based, but they are not easy.

I know you didn't specifically speak about BTEC but some people did and I hope they read this.

Also this forum IS the joke! You want to belittle peoples interests, shows how mature and ready for uni you are.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I couldn't agree with this comment more really. People should try taking them and then they can comment. I am not disputing that A levels are difficult but the fact of the matter is that so is BTEC. No subject is easy it just depends on the individual person. A levels are based more around learning the information and depends more about the day of the exam but BTEC depends around the whole year.
Original post by L'Evil Fish
No no, you have it all wrong.

Clearly the coat represents the burdens he carries with him every day. With each rain drop adding to its weight, he needs to discard it in order to be free.

OMG fish hahahaha loololololol
History is a joke almost everyone at school got A* without studying. Business economics is also a joke.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AsandaLFC
History is a joke almost everyone at school got A* without studying. Business economics is also a joke.

Swear history's really hard?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 191
Original post by AsandaLFC

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nonsense, sure it might not be the hardest subject there is, but you don't get an A* at A Level in it without studying, someone's having you on :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Seriously?
I've done both A levels and a BTEC and they're both hard in their own way. Especially for nursing etc, a BTEC is far more favoured over A levels, you try and get into university with no practical experience, it's near impossible.
Unless you've done both, don't start deciding what's hard and what's not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mitzi_Holley
Seriously?
I've done both A levels and a BTEC and they're both hard in their own way. Especially for nursing etc, a BTEC is far more favoured over A levels, you try and get into university with no practical experience, it's near impossible.
Unless you've done both, don't start deciding what's hard and what's not.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not only that BTECs are much better for people going straight into work as they are a vocational qualification and very employable, the user you quoted clearly has no idea :P
So basically, every single subject to ever exist has been said by people that don't actually take the subject.
basically yes
I swear this thread happens every 2 weeks or so.
I think so. At the end of the day it's different for everyone so stop putting other people down about their subjects
Sociology....ugh, I hate it! It's so stupid, boring, and pretty much repeats itself. Currently doing it as an A2, and I hate it even more. Can't wait to finish with it forever and ever!
Biggest joke = BTEC in outdoor pursuits

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest