The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Nursing (Child Health) at Plymouth University

Hi all!
This is going to start as a bit of a rant about my nerves, but it's going somewhere - trust me! haha

I've just been invited to interview at Plymouth Uni for paed nursing (which I couldn't be more excited about!:biggrin:) but I'm so nervous about it.
I had an interview there for this course last year, but they said I needed more paediatric experience (which hopefully I've met now).
I remember the stuff from my interview last year, but I'm still so so soooo nervous.

Basically, the point of this post it -
Any advice and tips?

​Thanks, N x
Original post by MissNatalieee
Hi all!
This is going to start as a bit of a rant about my nerves, but it's going somewhere - trust me! haha

I've just been invited to interview at Plymouth Uni for paed nursing (which I couldn't be more excited about!:biggrin:) but I'm so nervous about it.
I had an interview there for this course last year, but they said I needed more paediatric experience (which hopefully I've met now).
I remember the stuff from my interview last year, but I'm still so so soooo nervous.

Basically, the point of this post it -
Any advice and tips?

​Thanks, N x

Hello Natalie :smile:

I've moved this to the Plymouth forum as there are likely to be other nursing applicants watching this forum :smile:

Good luck to you! Fingers crossed :hat2:
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Original post by She-Ra
Hello Natalie :smile:

I've moved this to the Plymouth forum as there are likely to be other nursing applicants watching this forum :smile:

Good luck to you! Fingers crossed :hat2:

Thank you :smile:
Hey J
I’ve also applied for Children’s Nursing at Plymouth;however I still haven’t heard anything back. Can I ask when did you find outyou have an interview? Also when is your interview? I also applied last yeartoo but was unsuccessful. Hopefully I’ll hear soon enough from them whether Ihave an interview or not! Congratulations on the interview though J

Amy xx
Original post by silly_amy
Hey J
I’ve also applied for Children’s Nursing at Plymouth;however I still haven’t heard anything back. Can I ask when did you find outyou have an interview? Also when is your interview? I also applied last yeartoo but was unsuccessful. Hopefully I’ll hear soon enough from them whether Ihave an interview or not! Congratulations on the interview though J

Amy xx

Hi Amy.
I was sent an interview invitation via UCAS track on Friday evening. I'd been chasing up my application every now and then as I'd submitted it in September. They told me that the admissions tutor has only just begun to go through the applications, so people should start to here as of now, and their first batch of interviews is early February (mines Feb 2nd).
Thank you for the congrats, fingers crossed you hear soon! x
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
I had an interview for Mental Health Nursing at Plymouth on Friday and got my offer on Tuesday - I really thought I had messed up the interview so try not to be nervous - you will be fine now you have your experience. Good luck to both of you. x
Reply 6
Original post by brien123
I had an interview for Mental Health Nursing at Plymouth on Friday and got my offer on Tuesday - I really thought I had messed up the interview so try not to be nervous - you will be fine now you have your experience. Good luck to both of you. x

what sort of questions did they ask you?! I have my interview for mental health tomorrow and it's my first uni interview so far! x
Reply 7
Original post by gilesybug
what sort of questions did they ask you?! I have my interview for mental health tomorrow and it's my first uni interview so far! x

There were 11 of us in total - we had a short presentation then were split into two groups for our one to ones - the different interviewers seemed to ask different questions but I was asked the role of the mental health nurse, why Plymouth, how I de-stress, what mental health illnesses are there, strengths and weaknesses and then two scenario questions - this is where I messed up - one was on a dementia patient who was stressed and I said I would comfort them and explain what was happening ...... apparently I should have taken them for a walk and distracted them!! Good Luck - let me know how you get on - I know 2 others who have been offered places that were interviewed on the same day.
Hi,

Has anybody been offered a place yet? If so, what sort of accommodation are you looking at? I've had a look and the one that nurses are meant to take is ridiculously priced and is for a longer contract. I don't understand how they expect people to pay for it! I'm really worried that I might have to rent a room in a house rather than stay in halls for my first year, which isn't ideal.
Or is there anybody that is already at plymouth? Which of them did you stay in?

Lucinda x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending