The Student Room Group

St. George's UoL GEM (A101) Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Fwiw.

They're not lying when they say they do interviews in jan up to Aprils. They do some geps with undergrads and some later on by themselves x
Reply 161
Finally an interview invite. 15th Jan, hoping I might make it. See you all there chaps :smile:
Reply 162
Is anybody else having trouble accessing the "after you have been invited to interview link" need to find out what I need to prepare but the site just keeps saying page not found.
Reply 163
Original post by AmyToms
Is anybody else having trouble accessing the "after you have been invited to interview link" need to find out what I need to prepare but the site just keeps saying page not found.

That's exactly what I came on to ask! I seem to remember there being a list of things we needed to take with us to the interview but now I can't find it. I have emailed but no response yet. Will let you know if I get one.
Anybody else got any light to shed on the matter?
Reply 164
Original post by Lornee
That's exactly what I came on to ask! I seem to remember there being a list of things we needed to take with us to the interview but now I can't find it. I have emailed but no response yet. Will let you know if I get one.
Anybody else got any light to shed on the matter?

The website is acting up. We got an email from Micki Regan on 23 December at 14:41 with copies of the documents from the website.
Reply 165
Am I right in thinking that the only thing that we needed to send prior to the interview date was the rsvp?
Reply 166
Thanks, I did get that email but was thinking more about copies of certificates and references and things? Or is that just if we get an offer?
Oh lord, I never got an email on the 23rd about what we need to take and now I can't the list. Is it DBS and work experience forms? Or is there anything for occupational health etc?
hey all, just a quick question... I seem to remember reading somewhere that we need to bring to interview a letter from work experience/employers confirming that we attended or something along those lines. I can't find this information anywhere now, just want to double check! thanks in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile
ignore that, I've just got an email detailing it all. turns out we do!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 170
Hey, we do indeed need to take that (plus copies to leave with them) from the looks of it. You should have just received an email from M Regan with an attachment outlining everything we need to take and how it should be organised (I think the attachment is called information for candidates invited to interview) or something along those lines.
Original post by Lornee
Hey, we do indeed need to take that (plus copies to leave with them) from the looks of it. You should have just received an email from M Regan with an attachment outlining everything we need to take and how it should be organised (I think the attachment is called information for candidates invited to interview) or something along those lines.

yeah I received the email seconds after sending the post. thanks though!
Reply 172
Starting to get a bit nervous with this whole interview malarkey. I haven't managed to get letters for all yet, not even my current job :/ They allude to accepting letters after the interview right? But no offer can be given before they've received them...
(edited 9 years ago)
That's fine! I'm just going to say I haven't received any back yet!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 174
Had mine last week :frown: was very hard!!

Good luck to all those this week!
Original post by MiloMilo

A feel of dread just hit me after reading your message!

There seems alot of contradicting information about med shcool interviws and whether to prepare or not to prepare. I have no idea whats best anymore?:s-smilie:
Reply 176
Original post by Benhope7
A feel of dread just hit me after reading your message!

There seems alot of contradicting information about med shcool interviws and whether to prepare or not to prepare. I have no idea whats best anymore?:s-smilie:

Don't prepare.

I have no ulterior motive in giving this advice. Nope. None at all. :colone:

Jokes aside, I have read somewhere that medics get really bad in some places around finals time. As we're ranked in our cohort, giving someone the wrong time/date/venue for an exam could be seen to work in your favour. Seems ironic given the whole process to identify individuals with integrity.

Original post by MiloMilo

I'd be more concerned if you found it easy, would probably suggest you didn't rack your brains much. Best of luck mate
(edited 9 years ago)
Are any girls not wearing suits? I have looked everywhere but I just look hideous in them (I know it's not a job at a fashion magazine) Id feel so much better in a formal dress maybe with a jacket? But I don't want to be the only one not in a suit and look scruffy?

I have not come across one female doctor inc consultants who has been wearing a suit! So when they say 'go on what the doctors at your work exp have been wearing' ..erm yeah I'll turn up in scrubs/dark jeans
Original post by Zorg
Starting to get a bit nervous with this whole interview malarkey. I haven't managed to get letters for all yet, not even my current job :/ They allude to accepting letters after the interview right? But no offer can be given before they've received them...

that's how I took it! I was having trouble too, but in the end I wrote out a draft of the letter myself, went in and took it along and asked reeeally nicely if they could transfer it onto headed paper and they did it that day - would it be possible for you to go in?

I don't know what tactic you've tried so far but its much easier to ignore an email and I was getting nowhere before which was really making me panic
Original post by ceciafb
Are any girls not wearing suits? I have looked everywhere but I just look hideous in them (I know it's not a job at a fashion magazine) Id feel so much better in a formal dress maybe with a jacket? But I don't want to be the only one not in a suit and look scruffy?

I have not come across one female doctor inc consultants who has been wearing a suit! So when they say 'go on what the doctors at your work exp have been wearing' ..erm yeah I'll turn up in scrubs/dark jeans

Hi, I've just has mine and I wore a smart black skirt with tights and small heels, and a cream top that looked smart tucked in. And a blazer, and nice necklace to make them remember me! Its totally fine to not go in a suit, they're not marking you on it and you need to feel comfortable, lots of getting up and sitting down again! Hope that helps a bit :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending