The Student Room Group

2015 Nursing Applications - Where? Which Branch?

Scroll to see replies

Hi my name is Honor. Just received a call from London Southbank to do the maths and literacy test for the adult nursing course. Has anyone any information and tips on it??
Original post by emmilly11
I heard from DMU the next day, when was your interview? :smile:

I still haven't heard back for an interview :frown: getting nervous, how was the interview? And congrats on your offer thats amazing! :biggrin:
Original post by Beni24
Was yours for Adult Nursing? :smile:

Mental Health, I think Adult and Mental Health are on separate days as no one for Adult was there :smile:
Has anyone has a Child nursing interview with LJMU yet?
Original post by lorn.
I've applied for Children's Nursing at:
- Sheffield Hallam (Unsuccessful)
- Huddersfield
- Leeds (Interview next month)
- York
- Northumbria (Interview next month)

When did you hear from sheffield hun?x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Beccamol
Has anyone has a Child nursing interview with LJMU yet?

Yes but I have unfortunately got a rejection last week too, but any questions feel free to ask

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gewoolgar
Yes but I have unfortunately got a rejection last week too, but any questions feel free to ask

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh no sorry! I've just read on their website they only have 20 place for the Child branch, didn't realise they were so limited on places too.

If you don't mind, can I just ask how the day went (the format of the day). Also how did you find the maths and english, I've read that we have to do an essay what was that like? Also the actual interview how did you feel that was? x
Oh no sorry! I've just read on their website they only have 20 place for the Child branch, didn't realise they were so limited on places too.

If you don't mind, can I just ask how the day went (the format of the day). Also how did you find the maths and english, I've read that we have to do an essay what was that like? Also the actual interview how did you feel that was? x

Basically we started with a presentation then the maths which was very hard then the English essay was easy it was about why children nurses are important. Then we individually got called for our interviews, a man and woman interviewed me - it was more of a informal chat they said they just wanted to get to know me we talked about my interests and why I thought I was suitable for the course. We didn't do a group task in the end and it went on for about 3 hours ( you get a break after the tests) oh and right before the tests you do a register and get documents checked.

Anything else or more details just message me :smile: I felt I did my best but I respect the limited places and everything happens for a reason!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Basically we started with a presentation then the maths which was very hard then the English essay was easy it was about why children nurses are important. Then we individually got called for our interviews, a man and woman interviewed me - it was more of a informal chat they said they just wanted to get to know me we talked about my interests and why I thought I was suitable for the course. We didn't do a group task in the end and it went on for about 3 hours ( you get a break after the tests) oh and right before the tests you do a register and get documents checked.

Anything else or more details just message me :smile: I felt I did my best but I respect the limited places and everything happens for a reason!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah ok! Sounds similar to my previous interviews then. So was the essay not too bad then, just the role of a childrens nurse? Also do you know if you have to get a certain mark in them? Also did they ask you for a recent article or anything about the NHS or the NMC? Haha sorry about all the questions!

And yes I 100% agree, things do happen for a reason! :smile:
Ah ok! Sounds similar to my previous interviews then. So was the essay not too bad then, just the role of a childrens nurse? Also do you know if you have to get a certain mark in them? Also did they ask you for a recent article or anything about the NHS or the NMC? Haha sorry about all the questions!

And yes I 100% agree, things do happen for a reason! :smile:

You get points in the maths and English and individual interview then it depends on your overall score of these three combined things wether you get an offer and oh yeah they asked me the role of the nmc x

Posted from TSR Mobile
You get points in the maths and English and individual interview then it depends on your overall score of these three combined things wether you get an offer and oh yeah they asked me the role of the nmc x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah ok, Thank you for all your help. Good luck with all your other choices x
When did you hear from sheffield hun?x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh god erum... Weeks ago, before Christmas they updated my UCAS as unsuccessful.
Has anyone had or have an interview at Kingston Uni? :smile:
Anyone had an offer from Bedfordshire uni or Anglia Ruskin?
Original post by Beni24
Has anyone had or have an interview at Kingston Uni? :smile:

Not yet, next Friday!!
Good luck! :smile: I've got mine tomorrow, really nervous about the MMI :/ not sure what to expect
Original post by Beni24
Anyone had an offer from Bedfordshire uni or Anglia Ruskin?

I got my offer last week the day after my interview :smile:
hello,
i have applied to do adult nursing in September at Bournemouth Uni I applied at the start of December.
Has anyone else applied, and had an interview or got a date? I'm so nervous and keep checking my UCAS everyday to see if anything has changed... i am a bit impatience with things like this as i'm nervous but excited. (:
Reply 1058
Original post by chloem170995
hello,
i have applied to do adult nursing in September at Bournemouth Uni I applied at the start of December.
Has anyone else applied, and had an interview or got a date? I'm so nervous and keep checking my UCAS everyday to see if anything has changed... i am a bit impatience with things like this as i'm nervous but excited. (:

Hi I applied for children's nursing at Bournemouth and southampton before Christmas but haven't heard anything yet either

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kim31
Hi I applied for children's nursing at Bournemouth and southampton before Christmas but haven't heard anything yet either

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you makes me feel a little bit better. Just keep worrying that I'm not going to get in.:frown: x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending