The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Visit website

University to OU

Hi there!

Has anyone else changed from a "normal" (sorry, not sure how else to put it) university to OU? How did you find it? Was it worth it?

I'm currently in the middle of my second year studying Journalism and I absolutely hate it. I wish i'd changed to OU when I was doubting over the summer, but i'd never really looked into it.

I'd potentially be looking into the open qualification so that i'd be able to study a combination of things such as English Language and Design to compliment my previous study, presuming i'd be able to get the credit transfer for most units.
Reply 1
Original post by Howlaround
Hi there!

Has anyone else changed from a "normal" (sorry, not sure how else to put it) university to OU? How did you find it? Was it worth it?

I'm currently in the middle of my second year studying Journalism and I absolutely hate it. I wish i'd changed to OU when I was doubting over the summer, but i'd never really looked into it.

I'd potentially be looking into the open qualification so that i'd be able to study a combination of things such as English Language and Design to compliment my previous study, presuming i'd be able to get the credit transfer for most units.

I was at a brick uni for 2 years. Didn't like it at all. Started OU this year. I feel I work better independently and this mode of study is flexible.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Visit website
Original post by Howlaround
Hi there!

"compliment"?!?!?! Typos happen, I suppose, but...

I didn't switch but I have been to both - I have found the OU to be much better to study with. You study whenever the hell you want, so you don't need to get up at 7 in the morning - if you're a night person like me, this is great because you don't have to feel half asleep every single day. I also think the study materials are superior, because they know you don't get as much lecture support; but who needs lecturers anyway?

Quick Reply

Latest