The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ankabout
I see... have you finally reached your peak, Quantum?

Spoiler

I'm not sure why you think im trolling, but ok:dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Up quark
I'm not sure why you think im trolling, but ok:dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOL nevermind.
LOL nevermind.

Ok...:confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rocksy
Assalamu alaykum everybody

I'm in a bit of an awkward situation and I need some advice if you can give it please.

One of my friends has started chatting about life and random stuff to a guy online and it's visible to all on her Facebook wall (I don't know if they're talking in private too and it's none of my business). My sister keeps telling me to say something since it's out in open but I don't know what to say or even if I should. Is it even something that needs to be pointed out?

Wsalaam,

Research before you do....any supporting evidence to get her to cut contact with help you.

Strange men on Facebook is a very scary situation.
Original post by Rocksy
Assalamu alaykum everybody

I'm in a bit of an awkward situation and I need some advice if you can give it please.

One of my friends has started chatting about life and random stuff to a guy online and it's visible to all on her Facebook wall (I don't know if they're talking in private too and it's none of my business). My sister keeps telling me to say something since it's out in open but I don't know what to say or even if I should. Is it even something that needs to be pointed out?

Walaikum assalam,

Now there is a dilemma. If you advise someone, it is likely that they will get offended and it is as a criticism. No one likes to be criticized.

On the other hand, if you approached your friend and gave advice in a kind/gentle manner, she might heed it. Do it in private so her reputation is not hurt.

Another thing... we all go general chat here on TSR. You are here too so you would know. We should check ourselves before judging others. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Whats with these sheilds (or whatever they are :K: ) next to everyones rep?
Original post by Tennumbers
Whats with these sheilds (or whatever they are :K: ) next to everyones rep?

They're badges. New update.
Original post by IdeasForLife
They're badges. New update.

lol yeah just worked it out. I dno but I find it funny :lol:
Original post by Up quark
:yy:

#Je suis Quantum

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol I am - kidding
Zam thought I was you :lol:

LOL! Would be creeped out even more if they said "inshallah". :lol:

lolol Yes I was creeped out - had to do a U turn
Original post by ThatMuslimGuy
Enjoy Your Next Meal :frown:

[video="youtube;VF1SvDNyn0I"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF1SvDNyn0I[/video]

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "The supplication of a Muslim for his (Muslim) brother in his absence will certainly be answered. Everytime he makes a supplication for good for his brother, the angel appointed for this particular task says: 'A meen! May it be for you, too'."

[Muslim].

إِنِّي حَرَّمْتُ عَلَى نَفْسِي الظُّلْمَ وَعَلَى عِبَادِي فَلاَ تَظَالَمُوا

Verily I have made oppression unlawful for Me and for My servants too, so do not commit oppression.

- Allah : Hadeeth Qudsi

:frown: subhanAllah

Original post by TheBlueBiro
Salaam all!
New thread and 30 pages already haha that's a good sign. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Walaykumasalaam
Original post by FreedomCostsTax
Any name is permissible as long as it has a good meaning. Some people argue that this is 'imitating the kuffar' but if that was the case, then all of the sahabah would have changed their names once becoming Muslim as they also shared the names of the kuffar.

Thank you so much!
Original post by K1NG93
Lol you could tell he is a perv or something.

Seriously yes pervs - I had to do a U turn and just walk past like I heard nothing :lol:
P.s. AsalaamuAlykum all

Hope you are all in best health :h:
Guys.. Is it just me or,
whenever I'm reading the first line of Al Baqarah I get shivers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by amenahussein
Thank you so much!

I would say it depends on the name. My advice would be to ask a scholar about the matter.
Wa'alaykumasalaam to all btw
Original post by IdeasForLife
I would say it depends on the name. My advice would be to ask a scholar about the matter.

Yeah, I read the same thing that was advised above, the name has to be in some form Islamically related and has to have a meaningful meaning. But Allāahu Alaam.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Had a nice chat with my atheist flatmate at around 5 am for 1 hour. Talked about religion and stuff. It went quite good, real life is so different to the net.
Original post by Mary562
Lol I am - kidding
Zam thought I was you :lol:

lolol Yes I was creeped out - had to do a U turn

:frown: subhanAllah

Walaykumasalaam

I didn't think you were him, I was just kidding around :tongue:
Original post by Mary562
Seriously yes pervs - I had to do a U turn and just walk past like I heard nothing :lol:

Lol did it actually happen to you?

Latest

Trending

Trending