The Student Room Group

Speech & Language Therapy 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nesca89
Good luck to everyone who has interviews today :smile:

Thanks! You're at Sheffield too today, aren't you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Clivia
Thanks! You're at Sheffield too today, aren't you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was supposed to be but I withdrew my choice as I know I won't move. I applied to keep my options open as I hadn't made up my mind. But I've decided not to move and go through unnecessary stress of an interview and the cost to get there haha
Original post by nesca89
I was supposed to be but I withdrew my choice as I know I won't move. I applied to keep my options open as I hadn't made up my mind. But I've decided not to move and go through unnecessary stress of an interview and the cost to get there haha

Have you received an offer from MMU or uni of Manchester yet?
Have you withdrawn from Leeds & DMU too? x
Does anyone have any idea on the types of questions that'd be asked at the Speech Pathology and Therapy interview tomorrow at MMU? Been researching about conditions and childhood development stages, but not too sure at the minute.
Best of luck to everyone having an interview also.
Original post by madagascar
Have you received an offer from MMU or uni of Manchester yet?
Have you withdrawn from Leeds & DMU too? x

I haven't received an offer from any yet... I haven't withdrawn other choices at the moment. I think I'll go to my Leeds interview because it's not too far really. Just need to figure it all out in my head first. Thinking of doing a psychology degree and then applying post grad for Manchester
I haven't heard from city at all yet?! Would it be a bad idea to call up?
Original post by nesca89

How far is Sheffield from Manchester?
Original post by JordanC55
How far is Sheffield from Manchester?

Not really sure, I'm not from Manchester :tongue: It's just the closest uni to me that does this course
Original post by nesca89
Not really sure, I'm not from Manchester :tongue: It's just the closest uni to me that does this course

It's one of those things tho, if the yearning to be a SaLT not greater than the yearning to stay at home?

Moving to a new city is scary but if it enables you to pursue your dream is it not worth it?
Hello...has everyone sent off their ucas applications? I'm hoping to study SALT at plymouth this September. Everything is crossed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's one of those things tho, if the yearning to be a SaLT not greater than the yearning to stay at home?

Moving to a new city is scary but if it enables you to pursue your dream is it not worth it?

I know I've moved to a different city before for 3 years and I hated every minute of it. The way I look at it is if I'm meant to be a slt then I will be regardless of how I end up getting there :smile:
Original post by nesca89
I know I've moved to a different city before for 3 years and I hated every minute of it. The way I look at it is if I'm meant to be a slt then I will be regardless of how I end up getting there :smile:

FIngers crossed you hear some positive news from Manchester Met this week!
Original post by shropshirelass51
FIngers crossed you hear some positive news from Manchester Met this week!

Thank you! :smile:
Original post by nesca89

Fair enough! I didn't realise you'd already moved!

Just keep harassing the Mancs and you'll be fine :wink:
Fair enough! I didn't realise you'd already moved!

Just keep harassing the Mancs and you'll be fine :wink:

Haha I was considering phoning or emailing them but I don't want to seem annoying or whatever. If I don't hear by the end of next week I'll get In contact with them. I have a feeling my interview performance is in a maybe pile. And they are waiting to see if anyone better comes up at the next interview session!
Original post by eskimok1
I haven't heard from city at all yet?! Would it be a bad idea to call up?

I'm still waiting too! Going to call tomorrow...
Original post by soufflekitty
I'm still waiting too! Going to call tomorrow...

Did you get the link for Marjon? Have tried to post it on here but it has gone to the moderators.
Original post by shropshirelass51
Welcome! Quite a few of us in here have applied to Birmingham for the BSc. Some have already received offers, some are waiting to hear the result of interviews, some have interviews arranged and some are waiting to hear. How about you?

I received an conditional offer of BBB to study at Birmingham City back in Decmeber. Also have any of you applied to Leeds Beckett?
Original post by Chloejaneedwards
I received an conditional offer of BBB to study at Birmingham City back in Decmeber. Also have any of you applied to Leeds Beckett?

Congratulations on your offer, when did you have your interview?
Original post by nesca89
Haha I was considering phoning or emailing them but I don't want to seem annoying or whatever. If I don't hear by the end of next week I'll get In contact with them. I have a feeling my interview performance is in a maybe pile. And they are waiting to see if anyone better comes up at the next interview session!

is it bad that I don't think about being annoying? I just harass them! Leeds had better fulfil their promise otherwise by the end of the week they'll get another cheeky phone call from me haha.

Quick Reply

Latest